What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Had a good go on West Bank yesterday - and really enjoyed it.
    Great little game!
  • edited July 2010
    Had a good go on West Bank yesterday - and really enjoyed it.
    Great little game!

Nice review :)

In last years Speccy Tour the player BadBeard managed to pass 1Mill on that game. Might be of interest to you:

http://www.homeactionreplay.org/search.php?gamename=West%20Bank&tourney=56

To watch the recording, download the Gremlin Graphics pack on this page:

http://www.zxspectrum.homeactionreplay.org/download.php

Bye.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks mate, I've downloaded all of the recordings under Gremlin Graphics. :p
  • edited July 2010
    NickH wrote: »
    I keep going back to Plotting - rarely get past level 8, but I keep having the odd game or two.

I enjoy a good game of Plotting myself.. I've downloaded it to go in my DivIDE among many others, just got to dig out my card reader again..
  • edited July 2010
    played mad miles mission, last night
  • RNDRND
    edited July 2010
    There is only one for me :p
    Facebook @nick.swarfega Twitter: @sw4rfega
  • edited July 2010
    zombie calavera

can't reach the higher platforms
  • edited July 2010
    last night I tried to finish Captain Dynamo, and discovered it loops back to level 1 after level 7 is complete. the levels are displayed as "01", "02" etc, suggesting they will go into double figures but no it appears there's only 7 levels, good game though
  • edited July 2010
    Yesterday I played Rex.
  • edited July 2010
    Playing Quann Tulla in its 1988 semi-remake as Federation. Currently trying to work out how to turn off the security system which chills the whole spaceship leaving you a popsicle. A website that provides hints for IF games rather than solutions would be nice.

Only thing I don't like about Quann Tulla/Federation is that it weirdly leaves the visible exits out of a lot of room descriptions meaning you have to find them yourself.
  • edited July 2010
    None considering my Speccy died earlier!
  • That's no excuse - there's always emulation!
  • edited July 2010
    Little Puff In Dragonland.

I bloody ask you.
  • edited August 2010
    still having the occasional go at zombie calavera, when i have five minutes to pass - i'm getting a little better, reached the highest part of the map
    and now i prefer it over cheril perils, which is still pretty good anyway.

the bats are a wicked concentrate of evil.
  • edited August 2010
    Movie. Not the best isometric game ever, even as bit slow, but I love it. Very original.
  • edited August 2010
    Head Over Heels

I'd promised myself to try and complete it (with emulator saves) when I was next away from home (on business) and the recent threads helped get me on the case. I drove 10 hours back to UK yesterday and stopped in a characterless hotel room in Kent, and a game of HoH was very relaxing.

HoH came out after I'd finished with my Speccy 'back in the day' and I had no real patience with Isometric games at all, including Knight Lore, which I had on a C90, but only ever loaded if I wanted to show a game to a friend. (I like KL now though).

I could only ever give isometric puzzles enough attention for a few rooms at a time - making loading them a longer exercise than actually playing them. But emulators change all that for me.
  • edited August 2010
    Tried to Load Hard Cheese, but it wasn't having any of it. Finding lots of so-called 16k games that don't actually work on a 16k machine. Not a lot happening, but I did manage to play Road Toad. Still a rubbish game! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Head Over Heels

I'd promised myself to try and complete it (with emulator saves) when I was next away from home (on business) and the recent threads helped get me on the case.

Must admit i'm going to watch the RZX and see how the first few rooms/missions are done and give it a go myself.

(Remember for any fans of Head over Heels try the totally totally underated Gameboy game - Monster Max)
  • edited August 2010
    Graz wrote: »
    Road Toad. Still a rubbish game! :D

Yeah took that one back to the shop cos' it was shit :lol:
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Must admit

Divvent caal me Mustard Mit!
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh pooey poo!

My copy of Escape has just got chewed up in the tape-player. On-body printed version without screws holding it together. How do you get in these things without breaking hte cassette?
  • edited August 2010
    I think it's time to get another copy off Ebay!

Just spent 1/2 hour on Gunstar - not a bid little shmup :razz:
  • edited August 2010
    Oh pooey poo!

My copy of Escape has just got chewed up in the tape-player. On-body printed version without screws holding it together. How do you get in these things without breaking hte cassette?

One way is to leave it in the freezer for an hour, then when you take it out you gently "tap" the sides/seam with a hammer. If possible then try using the claw-side to (again) gently tap the seams apart.

Works better if you remove the tape out (manually) beforehand but it's optional if you don't care about the tape.

And do be careful, it's easy to break the cassette this way if it's an old tape, also always wear safety-goggles when using a sharp instrument like a hammer ... you could poke someone's bwain out.
  • edited August 2010
    ZnorXman wrote: »
    One way is to leave it in the freezer for an hour, then when you take it out you gently "tap" the sides/seam with a hammer.

Works better if you remove the tape out (manually) beforehand but it's optional if you don't care about the tape.

Okay, thank Znorxy. It's mainly the leader that's got chewed, but the whole thing has dropped inside the shell between one of the seams, so I can't prise it out without doing more damage. I'll pop it in the freezer now! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Oh damn, double posting!
    I think it's time to get another copy off Ebay!

I Think you're right!

Just spent 1/2 hour on Gunstar - not a bid little shmup :razz:

Yeah, I quite like that one as well :)

Just been playing Jet-Pac. Hmmm, need much more practice!
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, thank Znorxy. It's mainly the leader that's got chewed, but the whole thing has dropped inside the shell between one of the seams, so I can't prise it out without doing more damage. I'll pop it in the freezer now! :D

Or use a Dremel with a fine-thickness rotary blade.

dremel.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    ZnorXman wrote: »
    Or use a Dremel with a fine-thickness rotary blade.

dremel.jpg

Ooooh *cringe* I guess I could, but I've got shaky hands!
  • edited August 2010
    Ooooh *cringe* I guess I could, but I've got shaky hands!

Get Patti to do it for you!

:razz:

PS Hi to Patti!
  • edited August 2010
    I'm having a blast of Scumball, it's been a while.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh pooey poo!

I used to prise them apart using scissors in the write tab spaces. And hope it didn't break.
    And if it did break, I'd put the tape in another cassette with screws.

I've been playing Project Future.
    WIP Tritone Demo
    No more html on dropbox. :(
  • edited August 2010
    That's unlucky Graz. I quite surprised why you still load up with tapes when their IDE solutions for Speccy to load up stuff from compact flash card...

Years ago back in '86 I had a cassette recorder I nick named chewy with good reason... the fookin' thing would chew up my tapes. It were some crap Dixon's data recorder that Dixon's included as part of their Spectrum 128 package my parents bought me that christmas... I went through three replacement data recorders. The last one I punched so hard i smashed the tape window to bits. Happy times were they... as for chewy...

I'm playing SpecVenture by mastertronic at the mo... anyone know some invincibility pokes?