What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Robocop - Ocean at their best......brick difficult though.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm currently playing Rainbow Islands. I cant get off round 2 of robot island :(
  • edited October 2010
    Just trying to get to grips with Extreme - going to review it on my site shortly so trying to figure it out.

The graphics are very impressive I must say.
  • edited October 2010
    Ah that would be Sinclair BASIC then! :smile: The best game ever on the good old Spectrum. Endless fun and challenges...

Paddy
  • Football Manager and Football Director. I'm making a game that's a cross between the 2.
  • edited October 2010
    Football Manager and Football Director. I'm making a game that's a cross between the 2.

Sounds interesting , any more details ? will it have match highlights ? actual player names etc .

I had a go at a football management game (back in 95) , a hard job , i gave up with it unfinished and i could not get the transfers working , maybe ill have any bash some time.
  • sirclive1 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting , any more details ? will it have match highlights ? actual player names etc .

I had a go at a football management game (back in 95) , a hard job , i gave up with it unfinished and i could not get the transfers working , maybe ill have any bash some time.

It doesn't do a lot at the moment. All you can do is pick a team from a list of 80 (4 leagues of 20 teams). The idea is to have hilights ala Football Manager mixed with a more in depth options like Football Director. I don't know how i'm going to do the hilights yet. I also like the way players energy decreases each game in Football Manager so I might implement something similar.
  • edited October 2010
    Chubby Gristle, after being inspired to play it by Rebelstar Without A Cause's thread!

Still good and still very difficult! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Chuckman!
  • deadpan666 wrote: »
    Chubby Gristle, after being inspired to play it by Rebelstar Without A Cause's thread!

Still good and still very difficult! :)

I completed this recently. It took quite a few snapshot saves i'm afraid.
  • edited October 2010
    One The Run, one of my old favourites.
  • edited October 2010
    I had a quick go at Motorbike Madness to test a +2 about 20 mins ago. Terrible game. At least it was a quick test. I could have tested it with Head Over Heels and i'd have been there all night!
  • edited October 2010
    Bombjack! ("Do you like BJ?")
  • ASMASM
    edited October 2010
    I usually play the following games using the ZX32 emulator:

Bomb Jack
    Renegade
    Cybernoid
    Ranarama

And I really love Atic Atac PC!
  • edited October 2010
    Horace in the Mystic Woods.

It's damn fine too. :D
  • edited October 2010
    ZX Beccy wrote: »
    Horace in the Mystic Woods.

It's damn fine too. :D
    Ditto, and something entirely top secret. I'd tell you what that was but I'd have to kill you afterwards.

Regards,

Shaun.
  • Bumpy. Not really sure what i'm doing though!
  • edited October 2010
    Grand National by Elite.
    Well it is late and anything faster my head would spin :-o
  • edited October 2010
    I'm playing what Shaun's playing! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Stop the Express. I've always found it very addictive and funny. Recommended if you only can play in a short time.
  • Stop the Express. I've always found it very addictive and funny. Recommended if you only can play in a short time.

That's one of my favourite games. Very addictive.

I've started working my way through the games in the YS top 100 that i've never played before, starting with Hyperaction. Very hard, maybe i should i read the instructions.
  • edited October 2010
    Psycho City, by Players. I've never played this game much before. It seems interesting.

A map would be a great help (Pavero, where are you? :smile:)

PsychoCity.gif
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Have been spending some time playing 'The Armageddon Man'. It's a good game but very hard, i always seem to cause two countries to fall out and launch nuclear strikes against each other.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Spent the weekend playing a game i found in the achive called 'Chart Topper'. You play a manager of a struggling rock band trying to get to number 1. It's written in BASIC but isn't too bad (but not very realistic). The funny thing is when you go bust the program stops and you get the message 'Variable not found'.
    I like playing games about managing rock bands and movie studios (not many of them on the spectrum though!).
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Spent the weekend playing a game i found in the achive called 'Chart Topper'. You play a manager of a struggling rock band trying to get to number 1. It's written in BASIC but isn't too bad (but not very realistic). The funny thing is when you go bust the program stops and you get the message 'Variable not found'.
    I like playing games about managing rock bands and movie studios (not many of them on the spectrum though!).

Excellent, i'll have to try it. I played Star Maker for the 1st time recently. It's very simple but I couldn't stop playing it!
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Well, if you want to here is a link to it:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0000901
  • edited October 2010
    I finished the Capitan Trueno (part 1) lately. With help of fellows of the forum. ;)
    A really great game.
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/
  • edited October 2010
    North Star. I reached stage 10 (the last one) for the first time today.
  • edited October 2010
    I finished the Capitan Trueno (part 1) lately. With help of fellows of the forum. ;)
    A really great game.

The second part is also excellent, and it was moreover the inspiration for Risky Woods for the 16bit machines.
  • edited October 2010
    Ivanzx wrote: »
    The second part is also excellent, and it was moreover the inspiration for Risky Woods for the 16bit machines.

Really? A 16bit game based on Captain Trueno? Most interesting. I will check the game out in a moment, on some machine. Thanks for the information.

______EDIT_______
    Indeed it's like a twin brother of "CT 2".
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/