What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Really? A 16bit game based on Captain Trueno? Most interesting. I will check the game out in a moment, on some machine. Thanks for the information.

______EDIT_______
    Indeed it's like a twin brother of "CT 2".

Yep, there was an interview with the programmers of CT, where they said that, it is only in spanish, and I dont know exactly where it is, but i can check it out later.

That game Risky Woods was even released for the Megadrive.

IMO "Capitan Trueno" is one of the best Spectrum games released, 2 parts, different from each other and top quality. And its even finishable, yo this time you cant complain about the difficulty in spanish games, bla bla :D
  • edited October 2010
    Ivanzx wrote: »
    IMO "Capitan Trueno" is one of the best Spectrum games released, 2 parts, different from each other and top quality. And its even finishable, yo this time you cant complain about the difficulty in spanish games, bla bla :D

Actually I consider the Spanish games from 89/90s as ones of the best. I even made a separate collection with all of them, years ago. Yesterday I was also playing some monochrome game, very good and very playable, really nice stuff. Big characters/sprintes, a fine platform game. I would have to check its title at home.

________EDIT________
    Ah. "Satan" of course. Nothing else.
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/
  • I've been having a go at:

Horace in the Mystic Woods
    Excellent! A really good mix of the frustration/one more go factor that made/makes so special. Love the inertia and it adds a nifty strategic element to the gameplay.

Chronos
    Actually pretty mediocre and repetitive shooter. Handles quite nicely and polished, but could do with more variety. Not bad, but I remember it as being better.

Mask III: Venom Strikes Back
    I really like this. Very much like Exolon but hey, that's no bad thing.
  • edited October 2010
    I quite enjoyed Venom Strikes Back..
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    I've been having a go at:

Horace in the Mystic Woods
    Excellent! A really good mix of the frustration/one more go factor that made/makes so special. Love the inertia and it adds a nifty strategic element to the gameplay.

Chronos
    Actually pretty mediocre and repetitive shooter. Handles quite nicely and polished, but could do with more variety. Not bad, but I remember it as being better.

Mask III: Venom Strikes Back
    I really like this. Very much like Exolon but hey, that's no bad thing.

The game Chronos is quite mediocre but love the theme tune after it loads, it's one of my favourite spectrum tunes of all time.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited October 2010
    I'm playing cyclone nowadays, again and again..
  • edited October 2010
    Arda wrote: »
    I'm playing cyclone nowadays, again and again..

Absolute classic.

Playing Snooker Manager myself...
  • edited October 2010
    STeaM wrote: »
    Absolute classic.

Playing Snooker Manager myself...

Agreed. Cyclone has not aged one iota. Classic.
  • edited October 2010
    Ivanzx wrote: »
    That game Risky Woods was even released for the Megadrive.

Risky woods looked absolutely beautiful for the time, but it was as much fun to play as being stabbed.

Same with Galahad, and all those other all graphics no substance games like Shadow of the Beast, and Gods.

Infact the only saving grace for Galahad was that it had a rather comical cameo by the Lemmings, which was actually more enjoyable than the rest of the game.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I'm thinking of playing MatchDay II after seeing that speed-vid. We'll see if I get time later on today. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Kokotoni Wilf. Very original, as you must fly through the screens. I've always loved all that time-travel stuff.
  • edited October 2010
    Kokotoni Wilf. Very original, as you must fly through the screens. I've always loved all that time-travel stuff.

Good shout. That game was very good considering how old it was, wouldnt mind giving that another go and trying to complete it (with lots of saves !)
  • edited October 2010
    psj3809 wrote: »
    Good shout. That game was very good considering how old it was, wouldnt mind giving that another go and trying to complete it (with lots of saves !)

It's funny because when I played it again to review it I enjoyed it much more than I did back in the day.

Not a bad game, and a neat twist on the platform genre.
  • edited October 2010
    Continental Circus, with a poke ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I'm currently playing Avenger by Gremlin. It was a game I always fancied playing back in the day but never saw it in the shops for whatever reason. Despite appearances its nowhere near as Gauntlety as I was expecting, but it is as good as I'd hoped it would be. Once I've finished with this I'll be having a go at Shining In The Darkness on the Megadrive, which I seem to remember someone on here saying was amazing and wonderful, so we'll see, won't we.
    Chris
  • edited October 2010
    Modge wrote: »
    Continental Circus, with a poke ;)

Try it without. Not a difficult game by any means.
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Going to play 'Turbo Esprit' tonight, since everyone has been raving about it. I want to see what i've been missing.
    Then i might have go on Op Wolf or Thunderbolt, i haven't played them for a while.
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Then i might have go on Op Wolf or Thunderbolt, i haven't played them for a while.

Had a go on Op Wolf today. It's a good version although I was pretty poor at it using the keys! Not quite the same as having a vibrating weapon in your hands (oo-er) down the arcades but a credible effort on the humble speccy. Will have to have a go on Thunderbolt too.
  • edited October 2010
    Bit of a casual session, without pokes or snapshots so I thought I'd give these 2 a go.

Thrust (fnar - Ed)

This was mentioned in another thread, think it's a cracking game, one I keep coming back to. Got as far as planet number 4.

Splat!

Only managed to get as far as level 4 so far, starts getting a bit hairy after that.. Yippee!!! :-D
  • edited October 2010
    Spy Hunter!
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Spy Hunter!

I'll need to give that a go! Havent played that for a while.
  • edited October 2010
    hi,i playing adventures of sid the spider quite enjoying it,bit of a brain teaser ;-) stuck on level 36 but wil get there !
  • edited October 2010
    I've been playing Vulcan, like it a lot, it's given me the urge to try out more wargames on the speccy. Any suggestions?
  • Crowman wrote: »
    I've been playing Vulcan, like it a lot, it's given me the urge to try out more wargames on the speccy. Any suggestions?

There's a lot of similar one's like Arnham, Avalanche, Desert Rats, Battle of the Bulge. But for the best Speccy strategy games try Rebelstar 1+2, Laser Squad and Lords of Midnight.
  • edited October 2010
    This week The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain and Halls Of The Things,last week i played a little bit of Alien8
  • edited October 2010
    River Raid, by Activision. In spite of its crappy graphics, I find it addictive.
  • edited October 2010
    River Raid, by Activision. In spite of its crappy graphics, I find it addictive.

You and me both! :D
  • Astroball - stuck on level one!

Chuckie Egg
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2010
    Xeno - a strange football type game, very addictive but hard to play using a keyboard
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Xeno - a strange football type game, very addictive but hard to play using a keyboard

That's why i play on DS. You can map the keys to the D pad