What (Speccy) game are you currently playing ?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    The Ice Temple. Its like Jet Pack on steroids. I love it :grin:
  • edited October 2010
    kyd cadet ii: the rescue of bubblesomething
  • edited October 2010
    Amaurote, Iv been playing this for a few hours now and think its Great. Its been years since last playing it.
  • edited October 2010
    Magic Tokens.

I hate it, but I love it!
  • edited October 2010
    Missile Defence - played it into the wee small hours - probably the best version of Missile Command on the Speccy.

Keith burkhill coded it and it was released by Anirog in 1983. Great little game.
  • edited October 2010
    zx1 wrote: »
    Xeno - a strange football type game, very addictive but hard to play using a keyboard

Yes! I also find it addictive. Great game.

Borer Deep (or 'Panic' by Mikro Gen in the UK). One of the best Panic clones. Another funny short-gaming game...
  • edited October 2010
    finished kyd cadet II - now back to teodoro.
  • edited October 2010
    Had the 128k toaster fired up earlier to play Technician Ted. Played for about 2 hours. I'll be back to it tomorrow when I escape from work!
  • edited October 2010
    My 128K toaster is firing up Batman The Movie, and I'm still struggling with that final level, though I did complete it twenty years ago. Should have it done in a few days...
    THE RETRO GAMER IRC CHATROOM. EVERY SUNDAY AT 9PM BST. LOG ON USING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/cZt59EQ
  • edited October 2010
    I've completed Batman the Movie on my Atari ST, but I found the Spectrum version trickier and never did finish it. That's going back 20 years too. Might have to revisit it on the Speccy and see if I can conquer it..
  • edited November 2010
    Just lost the last hour to Back To Skool. That's my early start knackered!
  • edited November 2010
    Cyclone by Vortex. I'm loving every minute of it. Just arrived today off Ebay with a few more tapes.
  • edited November 2010
    Cyclone is a classic, a master piece. Very original. Costa Panayi made great 3D games: Android Two, Highway Encounter, H.A.T.E., ...
  • zx1zx1
    edited November 2010
    Tried to play Dynamiet Dan earlier but didn't get very far, it's hard playing it on a keyboard!
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited November 2010
    I've just rediscovered Nosferatu The Vampire and quite enjoying it. That then inspired me to play Inside Outing.
  • edited November 2010
    Inside Outing was a great disappointment when I first played it. When I came across this game in mags it made a good impression on me. A good idea, but slow...
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, it was very much hyped. I've never really played it properly and tried to seek out the diamonds etc, I just enjoy it for the exploring.
  • zx1zx1
    edited November 2010
    GeeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, it was very much hyped. I've never really played it properly and tried to seek out the diamonds etc, I just enjoy it for the exploring.

Yep same here. I found it too hard and gave up after a while. It had good isometric graphics though.
  • edited November 2010
    zx1 wrote: »
    Yep same here. I found it too hard and gave up after a while. It had good isometric graphics though.

Yeah it had wallpaper n all :)
  • edited November 2010
    Glenn wrote: »
    I've completed Batman the Movie on my Atari ST, but I found the Spectrum version trickier and never did finish it. That's going back 20 years too. Might have to revisit it on the Speccy and see if I can conquer it..

I finally completed it, and it's tough. The funny thing is, level two is the hardest one of all because it can't be memorised, and it's pretty unfair. Pretty satisfying to finally get to the end though.
    THE RETRO GAMER IRC CHATROOM. EVERY SUNDAY AT 9PM BST. LOG ON USING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/cZt59EQ
  • edited November 2010
    Blinky's Scary School

B.A.R.F.

Ghost Castle 2

G.I. Hero
  • zx1zx1
    edited November 2010
    Recently played 'Strike Force Cobra' but got stuck in the second room that had some guy on a kind of flying machine going up and down the screen and couldn't get any further. Might try it again later on.
  • edited November 2010
    Deathchase. It's one of those games that have to be played compulsorily at least once a week...
  • edited November 2010
    Deathchase. It's one of those games that have to be played compulsorily at least once a week...

Cheear Juan - just had a shot on Deathchase myself. It never get's old.

I've also been playing The Light Corridor - what a superb yet different game. Excellent stuff.
  • edited November 2010
    I had a go at Turbo Esprit last night. I used play it for hours when it first came out. Seems harder now though!
  • edited November 2010
    I let the cat out of the bag last night about Jonathan Cauldwell's latest game. It's a Cracking little production! Couldn't say much more about it as further information will be available via 'official' channels soon.

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited November 2010
    Super Hero by Code Masters. Another isometric game Iv just got :-)
  • edited November 2010
    The ones voted for this year's Speccy Tour :)
  • edited November 2010
    Still playing Super Hero and its bloody hard and thats with a Poke. I cant find the mystical helmet. Im very tempted to throw the towel in here but I will most prob carry on tomorrow night. I dont ever save so its always back to the beginning. A map would help but I cant find one anywhere :evil:
  • edited November 2010
    Dustman, 5 mins ago.