I'm at work and i'm BORED

zx1zx1
edited September 2010 in Chit chat
I'm currently sitting at my desk, totally bored out of my brain. I don't finish for another hour and i've had 4 calls since 9am. I'm not even sure why i've been scheduled on today. That's why i've been posting frequently today.
Post edited by zx1 on
We must perform a quirkafleeg

Comments

• edited August 2010
    oh if only I could do that, anything game related gets blocked at work
  • edited August 2010
    What? A call center? Commendable. Why not pretend you are from Mumbai and call people up and confuse them with your Indian/Scottish accent.
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • edited August 2010
    Kaija wrote: »
    What? A call center? Commendable. Why not pretend you are from Mumbai and call people up and confuse them with you Indian/Scottish accent.

If they ask your name just say it's Jock MacMuralitheran.
  • zx1zx1
    edited August 2010
    We need internet access as we use a lot of web based applications.
    I've been trying to post for the last 10mins but i'm having trouble logging in. I think someone at IT has sussed me......
  • edited August 2010
    A silly question perhaps, but why not try actually doing some work, that will cure the boredom, I don`t pay you to play computer games, or chat on the internet. Next time I catch you, you are fired !
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • zx1zx1
    edited August 2010
    I haven't got any work to do! That's the whole point!
    I finished all my work at about 12pm.
  • edited August 2010
    zx1 wrote: »
    I'm currently sitting at my desk, totally bored out of my brain. I don't finish for another hour(...)

Since you made that post one hour ago, I'm assuming the boredom is over. :-P

Seriously, the last time I was bored at work was 1992. My work is 40 weekly hours of non-stop action.
  • edited August 2010
    I wish mine was.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited August 2010
    zxbruno wrote: »

Seriously, the last time I was bored at work was 1992. My work is 40 weekly hours of non-stop action.

I'm intrigued...

What is it that you do?
  • edited August 2010
    Computer and office equipment sales/repairs/maintenance/services, in-store and on-site.
  • edited August 2010

Snap. Since becoming a full-time developer I can count the amount of days I've been bored over the last 10 years on one hand!
  • zx1zx1
    edited August 2010
    I'm home now, thank god that shift is over! Back to work on monday when it will be REALLY busy!
  • edited August 2010
    Boredom is so 20th century. No time to get bored with the endless media and distractions around the world.

Games are getting larger and there are more and more amazing must-play games. Retro games are everywhere and I have a four digit backlog of games to get through.

Movies are in general getting less good but there are still huge amounts of classics to watch as well as the occasional modern gems.

I have several programming projects on the go at the same time to such an extent that if I spend the time just relaxing, watching the aforementioned movies or games, I feel guilty about not spending the time on my project.

Twitter is huge time-drain so I try to check it just once a day. Mails are flying in left and right. The girlfriend is always saying stuff like, "look over here, I exist" so sometimes I have to give her some time too. She wants a family too some day and I'm like, no time to be a dad, I barely have enough time to eat.

I don't miss boredom though. My strongest memory of boredom was Sunday night TV when my parents forced all the kids to sit down and watch Howards Way with them then later, Thats Life. Aaaargh.
  • edited August 2010
    Your shirt needs tucking in ! ;)
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • edited August 2010
    grey key wrote: »
    Your shirt needs tucking in ! ;)

Cross thread jokes are the best :)
  • edited August 2010
    takapa wrote: »
    Cross thread jokes are the best :)

Get`s Iron out, plugs it in, then changes mind and puts it away again !:smile:
  • edited August 2010

Mine is 5hrs a week of none stop action and 35hrs of screwing around on the internet and eating peanuts.
  • edited August 2010
    beanz wrote: »
    Mine is 5hrs a week of none stop action and 35hrs of screwing around on the internet and eating peanuts.

same here, i bugger about then work really hard for a few hours.
  • edited August 2010
    I have just had my pay cut by ?200 a month, just for being honest and pointing out how poor a service the umberella organisation was giving to the social services. Then being told that if I spoke about them in a negative manner again, I would be dragged into the managers office, for " a conversation ", presumably meaning a disciplinary action. The worst part is that I work for myself, but I am answerable to 3 other services. I will be looking into their " creative book-keeping " to see if I can take it further and get the money back.
  • edited August 2010
    ..or just start stealing company bog roll..
  • edited August 2010
    beanz wrote: »
    ..or just start stealing company bog roll..

Well the whole lot of them are so full of crap, that it would really cause them problems, although they have also got their heads so far stuck up their own or other peoples butts, they may not notice !
  • edited August 2010
    I was bored at my voluntary job today. Hardly anyone came in, until of course just before closing time, and with a problem so huge that i left late.
  • zx1zx1
    edited August 2010
    I cerntainly wasn't bored today, we were really busy. So busy in fact i made a major error, my team manager is not pleased and hsa said we'll have to 'have a talk' sometime soon:sad:
  • edited September 2010
    Bored shitless at work?
    I tell you what being absolutely bored shitless at work is.
    starting at 8:30 in the morning anf not finishing until 7:00 p.m dragging a card board box around the shop floor all day taking cardboard off the shelves and tidying them up ALL day. Then you try explaining that you crushing the cardboard in the mailer around the back while they're putting the4 special offers/limited stocks out thath THEY're on the shop floor and you going to answer the bells is perfect logic and common sense. I'm sorry SHITTO but me coming all the way from around the back when the spot lines are also on the shop floor and who ever's putting them out doesn't make any sense.
  • Cue sub standard impersonation of a standard YouTube comment:
    Who is still bored shirtless in 2017?
    What now?
  • I wish mine was.

I wish mine wasn't...
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • You still work at that super market?
    What now?
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    You still work at that super market?

Yep exactly 9 years this week :))

...and it's even worse I'm the bloody manager now :))
  • Bloody middle management. :))
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Luny wrote: »
    Bloody middle management. :))

Hey! I'll have you know when midnight comes around and I lock the place up it's mine, and my slaves do my bidding under my iron fist :))