FA: ZX Spectrum 128k - Boxed with accessories and game

edited November 2010 in Sales
Just found this awesome little treasure trove of a website!

I'm selling my ZX Spectrum 128k (heatsink version) and thought I'd put a notice up in here so the true lovers of all things Speccy get to see it.

Everything.jpg

As it was free to auction yesterday so I shoved it on EBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140469979003

It has a starting price of ?100. Take a look at the auction, there are loads and loads of photos, and it really is a superb example of that machine, dare I say mint..... :D

It's has also had a new keyboard membrane fitted, at a cost of ?17.50, as the original one was starting to play up. I did manage to fix it but it was not ideal working one day then not on others. The new one is brilliant and should keep it running reliably for many years to come.

Front:
Spectrum-1Top.jpg

In poly with accessories:
Poly-ItemsPacked.jpg
Post edited by drevans on

Comments

• edited October 2010
    No Make-a-chip? No Scrabble? No blinking survival?

Not interested :-(
  • edited October 2010
    Very nice package you have there.
  • edited October 2010
    ...[drools]...

Judging from RWAP, thats not a bad price...

..wish I wasn't earning me pennies in Canadian dollars, else Id be tempted!!!
  • edited October 2010
    kgmcneil wrote: »
    ...[drools]...

Judging from RWAP, thats not a bad price...

Hehe, it's a shame to let it go. Was a real wrench to put it up for sale, it's been with me since I was a boy!

Had to do it though, it just doesn't get the love it needs. It's time to pass my baby onto someone who will get some use out of it and give it the attention it needs.
  • edited October 2010
    drevans wrote: »
    Hehe, it's a shame to let it go. Was a real wrench to put it up for sale, it's been with me since I was a boy!

Had to do it though, it just doesn't get the love it needs. It's time to pass my baby onto someone who will get some use out of it and give it the attention it needs.

I know the feeling mate.. I would have loved to buy it - I'm after a 128k heatsink machine but that is way beyond my budget, especially with Christmas on the way. (already got the long list of presents my two eldest daughters have requested, Serenity (age 3) is too young to do lists but she loves In the Night Garden so we expect to have to buy her Iggle Piggle or whatever the bloody thing is called).
  • edited October 2010
    drevans,

have you tested yours with DIVIDE+ ? Does it work with it? If yes I may be interested.

Thank you.
  • edited October 2010
    Patrick, I know exactly what mean, got two little ones myself and Christmas is fun! We are out of the night garden phase, they are now both massively into Toy Story which is better for me cause I quite like that :)

How do I test DIVIDE+? not heard of that.
  • fogfog
    edited October 2010
    jdanddiet wrote: »
    No Make-a-chip? No Scrabble? No blinking survival?

Not interested :-(

be careful, you might get a lorry load of them in 20 years :lol:

pkupcik, most folk dunno what a divide is until they come here etc :)

drevans, divide and divide + is SD card unit for speccy, loading via edge connector = ultra fast 1-3 seconds
  • edited October 2010
    Oops forgot to mention in the original post that the Speccy is located in the UK so for the US members it could cost a fortune and may not survive the trip!
  • edited October 2010
    Patrick, I know exactly what mean, got two little ones myself and Christmas is fun! We are out of the night garden phase, they are now both massively into Toy Story which is better for me cause I quite like that :)

How do I test DIVIDE+? not heard of that.

DivIDE + is an interface which lets you use Compact Flash cards with the Speccy. The Plus interface should work with the 128k + model - I paid ?80 for mine and that's why I want a 128k + over the Plus 2 I have..

My eldest daughter is mad on Doctor Who... She wants both Wii and DS games plus the related accessories.. (try three kids (age 12, 6 and 3) and a niece who is 20 living with you)
  • ASMASM
    edited October 2010
    It looks in mint condition but the price is just out of my range...

In the last 30 days, I have spent around ?165 on Spectrum hardware and have a lot to show for it.

I have just bought a 128K+ for ?30 & ?10 postage, a 48K rubber key for ?11 & ?3 postage and a grey +2 for ?10 & ?10 postage. None of them are in boxes but then I'm just happy to have the machines in my possession... I also missed out on a 48K+ for ?10 as I didn't want it. I'm not into boxes as girl friends tend to throw them away during their clear out missions :)

There is also a mint original 48K on ebay at the moment for ?39.99 & ?9.00 postage...

If I had yours and the 48K above then I would be very happy but I would expect to pay a least ?180 for both. There is also a mint Opus Discovery 1 going for around ?210...

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited October 2010
    Ahh, ok, well I don't have a DIVIDE so can't test it unfortunately.

ASM, was the one you got for ?30 the one bronmeirionben was selling. I was watching that one to see what it went for :)

I had one of each spectrum, but not the +2/+3 and when I dug them all out they ALL had problems. My rubber key one works but needs a new membrane (they are cheap for that model though), my 48k+ and other 128k just don't work. I think I'll bung 'em on EBay for spares, can't bring myself to throw them away :smile:

I do also have a Minty fresh ZX81, it also comes boxed, well I say boxed, the only thing it's missing is the "outer" box, its got all the polys and everything else. Need to hook it up and give it a test, but as far as I can tell they don't fetch much.
  • edited October 2010
    if the op doesn't mind, if anyone wants it I could pick it up as I work near romford and deliver it to you if you are going to r3play.
  • edited October 2010
    As I said, I'd love to buy the machine but my budget won't stretch to ?100 and even if it did, the wife would kill me (she says I have too many retro machines already).
  • edited October 2010
    *puts on watch*

Unfortunately, I dont get paid before the auction ends and that near mint boxed 48k is on priority.

Otherwise, I would ave this!
  • edited October 2010
    I want to find a game! In this game you were a cowboy, but in the future, you could ride a saddle and it fly! I remember a map with gold mine... or something like this.. it was 20 years ago ..its hard to remember

I dont know the egzact terminology but in this game you see your movements beside, in the same way as super mario, but here you can move to the left to! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Legjobban wrote: »
    I want to find a game! In this game you were a cowboy, but in the future, you could ride a saddle and it fly! I remember a map with gold mine... or something like this.. it was 20 years ago ..its hard to remember

I dont know the egzact terminology but in this game you see your movements beside, in the same way as super mario, but here you can move to the left to! :D

Don't ask the same question 3 times!
  • edited October 2010
    sekrets, provided you don't get paid in like a month or something, I don't mind you bidding and waiting till you can pay.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh and Legjobban, surely your query deserves it;s own thread rather than being in this one. :???:
  • edited October 2010
    Hello,
    It?s been a while since I sold my ZX Spectrum +, bought around 1985. Then Amiga 500+ came.. and was also sold. Today I?ve got A500+ again and ? what?s more important here ? I bought ?back? ZX Spectrum +. I?m able to turbo-load games via netbook, connected to my ZX Spectrum +, and it?s really a fun ! I?m glad I?ve got it again.. And finally ? I might be interested in your 128+. Would you eventually send it to the Czech republic? At present you don?t have it as a possibility to send it to other countries than UK. Thank you.
  • edited October 2010
    I'd post overseas at cost, no problem. I sent an Atari Lynx bundle to Portugal a couple of weeks ago and that cost about ?25. I would obviously have to get an exact price based on weight, your location etc.

I can't promise that it will make it there in perfect condition though, although I do try and pack stuff up really well.
  • ASMASM
    edited October 2010
    ASM, was the one you got for ?30 the one bronmeirionben was selling. I was watching that one to see what it went for :)

Yes, I can now reveal that I was the one who won that bargain hahaha. It arrived today and works although the seller said that he had not tested it. It needs some love and attention as it is a little grubby but it will scrub up well. The blue part of the Spectrum logo and the heatsink is a little marked but I don't mind. I never owned a 128K+ before so it is rather exciting!!!

Here are two scans to show the difference between my purchase and the one for sale on this thread:

128kbefore.jpg

keysbefore.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    My auction ends today, so if you are interested don't forget!
  • edited October 2010
    I would bid my friend but I don't have the money right now and also, the wife promised me certain death if I did..
  • ASMASM
    edited October 2010
    You have a bid, it's not me though. I was well out with the 48K mint boxed Spectrum as it went for ?157 + ?9 postage:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230541792446&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Come on then, who bought the above?
  • edited October 2010
    ASM wrote: »
    You have a bid, it's not me though. I was well out with the 48K mint boxed Spectrum as it went for ?157 + ?9 postage:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230541792446&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Come on then, who bought the above?

Went out of my price range unfortunately :(
    There's another boxed one that looks in very good condition, pick-up only tho, from wales. I may consider the trip ^_^
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I was bidding a few seconds before the auction ended but it wrote me that I don?t fulfill the one of the requirements of the auction - because I?m from the Czech rep. You should have allowed also bidders from other countries than the UK. I was even asking You a few days before if you send it to the Czech rep..Your minus... That?s a pitty, I wanted it. bye
  • edited October 2010
    That is bizarre, I put restrictions on originally (well they were actually still on from a phone sale) and I thought I had removed them after your post. Bloody EBay, dunno what I didn't remove for it to be blocked. Sorry dude!
  • edited November 2010
    Don?t you have another 128+ in the same condition? ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    I do actually have another one..... but it doesn't have the top half (keyboard) and certainly isn't boxed or anything.

I'm going to put up for sale my other Spectrums. All have problems but could be useful for someone as spares for repairs. There is:
    • 48k+ - Displays garbage on screen, missing components (Ear connector and the two keyboard connectors) and the keyboard membrane is totally buggered
    • Rubber Key 48k (fully working but needs a new keyboard membrane, only half the keys work, typically the "LOAD" button doesn't work lol)
    • 48k PSU - Has a really dodgy power connector but works
    • Bottom half of a 128k toastrack (as mentioned above, missing the right hand keyboard connector but fully working).
    • Faulty Kempston Joystick Interface

Anyone interested, or does this need a new Sale thread?.... If not, i'll shove on EBay with no starting price auction. I can't bring myself to throw this stuff out, the rubber key 48k is well salvagable and the new membranes are pretty cheap for that model.