Genesis: dawn of a new day, new game from RetroWorks!

edited February 2011 in Games
It's been a long development, but finally we made it. We proudly present the latest game from RetroWorks, Genesis: dawn of a new day.

genesis1.pnggenesis2.png
genesis3.pnggenesis4.png

A horizontal scroll shoot'em up, with seven levels filled with enemies to be destroyed, a music score with 15 themes, and... well, you'd better check out the rest. You can download it from the game card, and play it on any 128K Spectrum.

We hope you enjoy the game! We certainly did while developing it.
Post edited by utopian on

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Sooooo ... is this an announcement of a new game?

( If so, then I'm looking forward to it. Otherwise: Bah, humbug! :razz: )
  • edited November 2010
    Just wait until midnight... and yes, it's a new game.
  • edited November 2010
    utopian wrote: »
    Just wait until midnight... and yes, it's a new game.

Midnight is still 11 hours away for me ... can't you just tell me now? I promise I shall not tell the other WoSsers ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Ooops :). Midnight CET time, then, less than 4 hours away.
  • edited November 2010
    Are we there yet? :-o
  • LCDLCD
    edited November 2010
    Mindight depends on the time zone. My midnight is in 1 hour and 9 minutes...
    I washed my neck and wait...
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    How about now ... ?
  • edited November 2010
    10 minutes to countdown ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    uhm... midnight where?
  • edited November 2010
    Pavero wrote: »
    10 minutes to countdown ;-)

Now 5. Won't be a long thread...
  • edited November 2010
    uhm... midnight where?

CET afaik and as mentioned above
  • edited November 2010
    We made it, go grab it now! ;)

EDIT: ouch, changing the first post title does not change the thread title :|. Is it possible to do it?
  • edited November 2010

EDIT: ouch, changing the first post title does not change the thread title :|. Is it possible to do it?

No clue but no change so far at the link destination. 5 minutes overdue now.
  • edited November 2010
    Mad Fritz wrote: »
    No clue but no change so far at the link destination. 5 minutes overdue now.

The link works for me. Maybe clearing the browser cache?
  • edited November 2010
    Wow, new shot-em-up! We can't see this genre every day. Good job!
  • edited November 2010

Probably only moderators can do it.
  • edited November 2010
    I've been playing it a few minutes and I like it. It's not too hard (good thing) so I could advance a few meters before a bullet found me.

I like the scrolling and the intertia is just great. Good one, another very good title in this year.
  • edited November 2010
    supersmooth, retroworkers.
  • edited November 2010
    apenao wrote: »
    I've been playing it a few minutes and I like it. It's not too hard (good thing) so I could advance a few meters before a bullet found me.

Well, wait until you get to level 4 or 5 ;).

Thanks for your nice words!
  • LCDLCD
    edited November 2010
    Excellent game!!! Okay, a bit hard, but I love it!
    Retroworks did a excellent job!
  • edited November 2010
    Cool, thanks!
    You're welcome! ;)
  • fogfog
    edited November 2010
    very nice so far, not got a lot of time to play it .. but presentation wise.. very nice.. always like star fields..

can you do a version of the tape covers also with slight lines to make it easier to know where to fold also , so it's slightly brighter layer on top.. 1/2 pixels wide.. thanks

the disk version has a hi score saver? just a thought :)
  • edited November 2010
    Oh WOW!! What a cracking game :) It's great that games of this quality are still being made and given away for free. Really love shoot em ups and this looks really good. I love the sound and the graphics are really smooth and well defined, thank you very much.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't download the game yet, but only watching the snapshots it reminds me of Zynaps, a very good game, by the way.

Nice graphics. Congratulations for the work, mates!
  • edited November 2010
    Just had a quick go, its excellent ! Congrats ! Any new games are welcome but i dont think we've had a shoot em up like this for a while.

Pretty tricky but its good, must admit i might turn off the inertia ! I hadnt read the instructions and press 0 to start (I normally use 67890 for the keys) and it seemed to crash the game, weird blocks all over the place.

When i used space to start in Spectaculator it was all fine, thought i would mention the above anyway.

But a great game, looking forward to having a proper go later. Great work fellas
  • edited November 2010
    Be careful, cos its only 128k...

An excellent game that I had the chance to test...I hope you all like it!
  • edited November 2010
    Said it again 2010's been the best year for homebrew Speccy games ever i think. So many great games this year.

Make sure you send a copy to TMR from the RG forums as hes the one who does the homebrew reviews etc
  • edited November 2010
    Mmmm... Strange, I have heard of two people having issues with Spectaculator. I have tested it quite a lot on other emulators and real machines, always without any issue. Was it the tape or the disk version? If you can reproduce it, please send me a PM with the details so I can check it.

I will stop by the RG forums later today, thx for the tip ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I was in +3 mode and loaded up the 128 dsk version. I hadnt read the instructions so simply pressed 0 to start at the menu and then there were tons of weird blocks from the game and the spaceship on the far left.

Tried it again and this time pressed Space and the game worked fine.

Had another go just then ,great little game, difficultly level is just right and it keeps you coming back for another go. Great work