I am currently......... ... defecting from WoS to IRC....

edited November 2010 in Chit chat
I've already been converted... Who's next?
Post edited by polomint on
So far, so meh :)

Comments

• I have no idea what that is!
  • edited November 2010
    been there done that :P
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited November 2010
    IRC is where the scary people reside you know.
  • edited November 2010
    Yessssssssssssss my precious, come into our boudoir, :D
  • edited November 2010
    It's where we run DDOS attacks using spectranet.
    My test signature
  • edited November 2010
    Meh.

• edited November 2010
    and here I was thinking we where going to talk about bannings and Egwf all over again!
  • edited November 2010
    I agree

2257.c7c8bfca2f17dffb19aa0139418af55a_balerina.gif
  • edited November 2010
    VanTammen wrote: »
    and here I was thinking we where going to talk about bannings and Egwf all over again!

He was banned again??? wow, I never knew that, :)
  • edited November 2010
    wow! that is both completely new information and also a surprise
  • edited November 2010
    surprised me too
    My test signature
  • edited November 2010
    Lets start a petition to get him back on here,..
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know if he got banned again...

I was talking about bannings & egwf general!

lets hope he didn't get banned, I have to much work to do this weekend to lose time reading another of his huge messages ;)!
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know if he got banned again...

I was talking about bannings & egwf general!

lets hope he didn't get banned, I have to much work to do this weekend to lose time reading another of his huge messages ;)!

Well, you can always defect to IRC, :)
  • edited November 2010
    polomint wrote: »

it's an option! but I was never good with the IRC commands... it's like DOS neightmare all over again!
  • edited November 2010
    it's an option! but I was never good with the IRC commands... it's like DOS neightmare all over again!

It's easy, just get mIRC, KVIrc or another client, nice n easy,. :)
  • edited November 2010

I hear you can get banned from there before you even touch your keyboard ;)
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited November 2010
    I heard that too, but I think it may just boring feckers spreading rumours, hehe
  • edited November 2010
    actually, now that I think of it, IRC was the place I was most banned from!
  • edited November 2010
    I hear you can get banned from there before you even touch your keyboard ;)
    depends if you talk to spike about punk or not :P
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited November 2010
    actually, now that I think of it, IRC was the place I was most banned from!

lmao, you really should join, we need people like you, lol
  • edited November 2010
    lmao, you really should join, we need people like you, lol

Polo, will you please stop advertising our secret hideout? #spin is exclusive. You have to be vetted before we let you know the channel key. This is to keep the ****wits out. Been there, done that.

D.
  • edited November 2010
    Dunny wrote: »
    Polo, will you please stop advertising our secret hideout? #spin is exclusive. You have to be vetted before we let you know the channel key. This is to keep the ****wits out. Been there, done that.

D.

Too late, :P
  • fogfog
    edited November 2010
    Dunny wrote: »

D.

hardly a secret to the many who post on here.. secret squirrel handshake also ? thankfully the 64 channels aren't like that .. in both senses ;)
  • edited November 2010
    fog wrote: »
    hardly a secret to the many who post on here.. secret squirrel handshake also ? thankfully the 64 channels aren't like that .. in both senses ;)

Let's just say it's not a squirrel you have to shake......:-o
  • edited November 2010
    Let's just say it's not a squirrel you have to shake......:-o
    No, it's polomints throat...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited November 2010
    So is #speccy still running, or is #spin the place to go to talk bollox ?
    General Malthadius Zoff
    Magenta icon
  • edited November 2010
    Zoffy wrote: »
    So is #speccy still running, or is #spin the place to go to talk bollox ?

#speccy is still alive and well, but talking about the spectrum is actively discouraged by spike and marko :p

#spin is the place to be for development and hardware stuff (when there aren't long discussions filling up the screen about the state of wos where the same people say the same things over and over again...)

you could always go in #zx... but it has exactly 0 active users
    (annoyingly with a couple of permanently connected lurkers so no-one can take over the channel and register ops)
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • edited November 2010
    guesser wrote: »
    #speccy is still alive and well, but talking about the spectrum is actively discouraged by spike and marko :p

Tsk! I resemble that remark!
    guesser wrote: »
    #spin is the place to be for development and hardware stuff (when there aren't long discussions filling up the screen about the state of wos where the same people say the same things over and over again...)

...which is why we're not getting into that on #speccy. Anyone bearing a grudge of any sort, beit against IRC, WoS, CSS or anything else, please leave it at the door. Long-winded rants against individuals or groups are not advisable.
  • edited November 2010
    Marko wrote: »
    ...which is why we're not getting into that on #speccy. Anyone bearing a grudge of any sort, beit against IRC, WoS, CSS or anything else, please leave it at the door. Long-winded rants against individuals or groups are not advisable.

Sounds excellent. If you dont get on with someone, going to have digs at someone over and over then do it somewhere else and not on the forum for everyone to see.