Picture of yourself in the 80's with a speccy...

edited August 2011 in Chit chat
I thought it'd be fun to start a thread where people post pics of themselves back in the day with a speccy.

Only condition, is that its not a recent photo and you must see the spectrum/Spectrum stuff in the foreground/background.

Heres me, in 1983 at Christmas time with the faithful DK 'Tronics keyboard......Penetrator/Hungry Horace, Planetoids and manuals all nice nostalgically laid out ;)

ZXSpectrum1983II-LowResolution.jpg
Post edited by Hedegaard on

Comments

• edited July 2011
    why are you in your underpants? :p
  • edited July 2011
    zxthx1138.JPG
  • edited July 2011
    mile wrote: »

[Cue paedojokes/comments]
  • edited August 2011
    Hmm, I remember only the one in this interview... But it was 92 already, too late anyway... :)

Patrik
  • edited August 2011
    Patrik Rak wrote: »
    Hmm, I remember only the one in this interview... But it was 92 already, too late anyway... :)

Patrik

What's the story on the interview as I don't speak Swahili.
  • edited August 2011
    beanz wrote: »
    What's the story on the interview as I don't speak Swahili.

I think it must be something like "two guys accused of Spectrum smuggling". I don't speak Swahili either.

Patrik
  • edited August 2011
    i have none. which is sad.
  • edited August 2011
    i have none. which is sad.
    I was thinking the same thing. There are quite a lot of pictures of me as a kid, but none of me doing what I liked best - playing on my Speccy! Weird.
  • edited August 2011
    None here either...though I spent a lot of time playing Sam Fox Strip Poker so its probably for the best...
  • edited August 2011
    we had a camera but weren't gonna waste the film on me playing on a spectrum.
  • edited August 2011
    we had a camera but weren't gonna waste the film on me playing on a spectrum.

Yes because clearly the riding a tricycle photo was much more worthy of film usage so we can laugh at you all these years later.
  • edited August 2011
    Yes because clearly the riding a tricycle photo was much more worthy of film usage so we can laugh at you all these years later.

yes it was almost as if my parents didn't know that 20 odd years later someone might want to see a pic of me playing a speccy on the internet,
  • edited August 2011
    yes it was almost as if my parents didn't know that 20 odd years later someone might want to see a pic of me playing a speccy on the internet,

It's ok, I was the 2nd child...so there are 9834 photos of my brother doing everything from taking a dump to sleeping...and only 2 of me for the first 5yrs of my life because I guess the novelty had worn off with the first kid.
  • edited August 2011
    Please pass on my thanks to your parents. ;)
  • zx1zx1
    edited August 2011
    The only photo of me playing with anything is with my (now ex) girlfriend in a photo booth in Manchester and i'm not putting that on a public forum as it would be banned, Rubberkeys style!:smile:
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited August 2011
    Patrik Rak wrote: »
    I think it must be something like "two guys accused of Spectrum smuggling". I don't speak Swahili either.
    "Local Spectrum scene shocked by claims that Spectrums in other countries are small, black and rubbery". "Clever hoax say experts". :-D
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited August 2011
    thx1138 wrote: »
    zxthx1138.JPG

My mate with a C16 (later a C64) had one of them B/W tellys back in the day. I remember thinking it was pretty cool with the plastic screen that went over the front !
  • edited August 2011
    I remember thinking it was pretty cool with the plastic screen that went over the front !

First signs that THX1138 was going to be a biker perhaps.. (helmet visor).
  • edited August 2011
    that telly was from one of big high street stores, can't remember which one, Boots maybe. Certainly not Dixons I know that. It was a real bargain about ?30.

In that picture there is, from left to right;

Sinclair User in the open draw
    the telly
    WHSmiths Data corder, with psu for speccy in front
    DK tronics keyboard over a rubber speccy. this was my dads, we did a swap for my rubber keyed one for a while.
    behind that there is microdrives sitting on an interface 1 with a mutliface3 pirating device
    to the right is an alphacom 32 thermal printer
    something, I don't know what, under a white bit of paper right of the keyboard, left of the ZX 80
    behind the zx 80, scrabble is sitting on a bit of kit, which I just cannot remember what it is at all, racking my brains. R.A.T remote action transfer maybe?

right of that is an old shop cassette rack with mostly original games on that I bought second hand, some I bought new, they sat two or three deep

a few titles are visible above my head, is the first one maybe Booty?

Second one looks like Chequred Flag,
    3rd one I don't know
    4th one Dallas, I think.
    after that I don't know

out of shot, there was an actual fruit machine, a JPM
  • edited August 2011
    Hedegaard wrote: »
    I thought it'd be fun to start a thread where people post pics of themselves back in the day with a speccy.

Only condition, is that its not a recent photo and you must see the spectrum/Spectrum stuff in the foreground/background.

Heres me, in 1983 at Christmas time with the faithful DK 'Tronics keyboard......Penetrator/Hungry Horace, Planetoids and manuals all nice nostalgically laid out ;)

I had a DK Tronic's keyboard too! :wink: Alas no pictures to prove it. :-(

Have you noticed how the desk clutter then looks like a Developer's now? Great days especially the Alphacom 32 printer.

Paddy
  • edited August 2011
    None here either...though I spent a lot of time playing Sam Fox Strip Poker so its probably for the best...

Why playing SF-strip poker when you could have a look at the real thing?.

According to Wikipedia she was a page 3 regular at the age of 16 !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Fox#Modelling_career
    On Tuesday, 22 February 1983, Fox's first Page Three photograph was published under the headline "Sam, 16, Quits A-Levels for Ooh-Levels?
    :grin:
  • fogfog
    edited August 2011
    thx , I thought the 4th game was ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-inlays/h/Headcoach.jpg

or something due to the addictive logo.. because of the logo at the bottom
    and you forgot the mighty scrabble :D

I see a theme here.. all the rich kids had dk tronics / microdrives etc :D
  • edited August 2011
    Here's a pic of me as a spotty teenager. The speccy is just out of shot, but I'm pretty sure that's a copy of DT's Decathlon on the bed:

mespots.jpg
  • edited August 2011

At Xmas time in South Africa, it's summer. We're talking about 30degrees (Celsius) in the shade!

But at least both my hands are on the speccy, look at THX's photo.
    One hand down the pants and probably Sam Fox poker on the telly and his mom just walked in and he's "WTF Mom?!?!?!?"
    :)
  • edited August 2011
    Daren wrote: »
    Here's a pic of me as a spotty teenager. The speccy is just out of shot, but I'm pretty sure that's a copy of DT's Decathlon on the bed:

mespots.jpg

And dodgy looking used tissue on the chair !!!
  • edited August 2011
    Hahaha!

But seriously, good pictures, nice that *some* of us has pictures as nostalgic value.
  • edited August 2011
    Hedegaard wrote: »

But at least both my hands are on the speccy, look at THX's photo.
    One hand down the pants and probably Sam Fox poker on the telly and his mom just walked in and he's "WTF Mom?!?!?!?"
    :)

Haha

(filler)
  • edited August 2011
    dont think we have any of us playing on the speccy over the years either :(
    dont think we moved for the first 3 years playing manic miner none stop lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited August 2011
    murtceps wrote: »
    And dodgy looking used tissue on the chair !!!

I had a cold, honest gov! (I think :-p)
  • edited August 2011
    Daren wrote: »

mespots.jpg

Wow....stoned much?