Jet Set f***ing Willy II in 9.1 MB

edited August 2011 in Games
For the iPhone of course

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/jet-set-willy-ii-zx-spectrum/id448318412?mt=8

mzl.eflhsexd.320x480-75.jpg

Not to be confused with Jet Set Willy: ZX Spectrum which was released on Itunes on 13 Feb 2011 using 6.3 MB.

"My lad's on Level 7" Nigel Searle in Micro Men.
Post edited by Geoff on

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Geoff wrote: »
    For the iPhone of course

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/jet-set-willy-ii-zx-spectrum/id448318412?mt=8

mzl.eflhsexd.320x480-75.jpg

Not to be confused with Jet Set Willy: ZX Spectrum which was released on Itunes on 13 Feb 2011 using 6.3 MB.

"My lad's on Level 7" Nigel Searle in Micro Men.

Couldn't they of done it in 48k ? :lol:
  • edited August 2011
    what the hell has happened to the code???
  • edited August 2011
    im guessing the room data isnt packed like it was in the zx version
    it still dont explain the size of it though lol
  • edited August 2011
    9.1MB. .1 MB for the game code and graphics. 9MB for the "authentic 'Spectrum' sound".

Please make sure you are indeed over 9 years old before you play this due to the :

* Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
    * Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
    * Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes

No wonder games like this twisted the minds of kids in the 80's...should be banned!
  • fogfog
    edited August 2011
    well they might have sampled the sound etc ?

and maybe the controller lib. takes up some mem etc.
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with you about the sampled sounds....no doubt it's choc-full of 48Khz 16bit samples of BEEP-ery in all its glory.

I'm more worried about the "Mild Realistic Violence" tagging it gets. Is this something that's been added to the original coz I sure as sugar don't remember this game having any kind of "Realistic Violence" when I played it last?
  • edited August 2011
    Turkwel wrote: »
    I agree with you about the sampled sounds....no doubt it's choc-full of 48Khz 16bit samples of BEEP-ery in all its glory.

I'm more worried about the "Mild Realistic Violence" tagging it gets. Is this something that's been added to the original coz I sure as sugar don't remember this game having any kind of "Realistic Violence" when I played it last?

Being smushed by a giant foot is "Realistic" Violence!!! :-P
  • edited August 2011
    I know I'm having a bit of a laugh here but it does bring up a interesting question. There are guidelines for app content and somebody has looked at this game and decided that certain aspects of it depict realistic violence, allbeit at a low level. The fact that it is tagged as Infrequent suggest it is in certain specific instances rather than being all pervasive. For example, if the idea that your character falls to his death was classed as violent then, since it happens all the time in the game, that would be "Frequent Violence". No, someone has gone through each screen and decided that certain parts are violent - not GTA type violent - but violent all the same. Violent and realistic enough that it fits certain guidelines that would prohibit sales to minors under 9 years of age according to Apple's rules.

The irony is that a 16 pixel high dotty-sprite being smushed by a giant foot may in fact be the thing that Apple does indeed class as "Realistic Violence". Or perhaps it's all that swinging on ropes (ooerr...a little one might try to copy that and accidentally strangle themselves!) or you can walk under water unharmed (don't try that either kids!). And as to how a game with the word "Willy" in it ever got through checking....standards must be slipping somewhere!
  • edited August 2011
    How would they classify Spy Hunter then? Most of us played the game only to kill the poor lads on the motorcycles. :lol:
  • edited August 2011
    Original Spy Hunter - on the GBA along with Super Sprint 2 is officially PEGI 3 (as available on Amazon). Which means that children aged 3+ can play this game...unlike Jet Set Willy 2 which is non PEGI rated but barred from under 9 year olds.

I don't make the rules, I just report them. Stupid isn't it?