How to load the "Cromwell at War" and "The Wars of the Roses" TZX files

edited February 2004 in Games
Hello

The new TZX versions of the "Cromwell at War" and "The Wars of the Roses" available from the archives (and I take this opportunity to thank however found them and uploaded them, since for a long time "Cromwell" was only available as a demo) are split into "side 1" and "side2" TZX files.

I haven't been able to load them into the ZX32 emulator I use (the "side 1" loads fine, but then I don't know how to load "side2") and I have tried another emulator (I think it was RealSpectrum) for the purpose without success. So could anyone explain to me as if I was a six year old how to load both these games into any emulator at all?

I thank you in advance.
Post edited by Clibanarius on

Comments

• edited January 2004
    hello

about how to load "Cromwell at War".i am using spectaculator 6.0 and loading from the emulator loads fine.i did have trouble trying to open from the desktop,IE open with a certain application(right mouse click).hope this helps.thank you.

colin
  • edited February 2004
    On 2004-01-04 10:42, ladderman wrote:
    hello

about how to load "Cromwell at War".i am using spectaculator 6.0 and loading from the emulator loads fine.i did have trouble trying to open from the desktop,IE open with a certain application(right mouse click).hope this helps.thank you.

colin

Did you manage to load the two TZX file version? Or was it the old demo?

I still haven't been able to run Spectaculator on my XP system. I'll try on a WIN98 and see if I can load "Cromwell" on it.
  • edited February 2004
    I'm using zx Spin, and if you untick
    View > Options > tape settings >
    x automatically load tapes
    x automatically start/stop
    x automatically rewind

settings you can insert a tape without resetting the machine thus you can load multi-file games like humpback and yours.
  • edited February 2004
    On 2004-02-02 10:52, Arda wrote:
    I'm using zx Spin, and if you untick
    View > Options > tape settings >
    x automatically load tapes
    x automatically start/stop
    x automatically rewind

settings you can insert a tape without resetting the machine thus you can load multi-file games like humpback and yours.

Thank you. It worked. I loaded a snapshot of the first part of Cromwell into SPIN and then all I had to do was to load the second .tzx file after selecting the battle I wanted to play. It also worked with The Wars of the Roses. Now I'm taking snapshots of all the battles on both sides so I can load and play them instantly.

[ This Message was edited by: Clibanarius on 2004-02-08 17:04 ]