Has anyone ever played all games (or at least all allowed games) on Wos?

edited October 2011 in Games
so... who done that herculean task?
Post edited by VanTammen on

Comments

• VanTammen wrote: »
    so... who done that herculean task?

I very much doubt it. Feel free to take up the challenge!
  • edited October 2011
    And don't forget to write a short review of each game on the Spectrum2.0 site.
  • edited October 2011
    I very much doubt it. Feel free to take up the challenge!

I think I fill pretty much all the requirements for such a task: I'm currently unenployed, lacking a sense of fulfillmente, bored and getting ready to be drunk!
  • edited October 2011
    how many games are we talking about? 11,000?
  • edited October 2011
    Nat Cross set out to review every Spectrum game in alphabetical order for YS3, but four and a half years and 17 instalments later, he's still only half way through the As...
  • edited October 2011
    Nobody. But the diehard fans could play several hundreds.
  • edited October 2011
    Only several hundreds? I surely played more over a thousand ZX games :).
  • edited October 2011
    Question: where did you think the 18,500 in-game screens came from? :razz:
  • edited October 2011
    mheide wrote: »
    Question: where did you think the 18,500 in-game screens came from? :razz:
    Were all the screenshots collected by one person?
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited October 2011
    karingal wrote: »
    Were all the screenshots collected by one person?

ewgf, wasn't born that way. :-P
  • edited October 2011
    Seeing his performance with Buzzsaw+, I reckon Einar Saukas can do the lot in a couple of weeks. All we need to do is club together to cover his salary :p
  • fogfog
    edited October 2011
    gasman wrote: »
    Nat Cross set out to review every Spectrum game in alphabetical order for YS3, but four and a half years and 17 instalments later, he's still only half way through the As...

but thats like someone having one of them "eat mamouth steak" competitions as featured in many US type filmes .... only to have someone pile more steak on top (new games)
  • edited October 2011
    If the average loading time was 4 minutes per game, it would take roughly 74,000 minutes to just load up a game; if you wanted to play it even briefly, you can make that 140,000 minutes at least - and we all know that plenty of games took several ice ages to play - you couldn't have a substantial game of Gauntlet for example... Our average life span works out at roughly 700,320 hours - to play all the spectrum games and play them for four minutes each would be 2,333 hours 33 minutes - even taking into account longer loading times, it's perfectly feasible to play each and every one. I doubt if anybody would be stupid enough to attempt it though :lol: but we could always buy Einar a pallet of Pro Plus - that should keep him going...
  • edited October 2011
    If you spent 5 minutes on every game in the archive it would take over a month of continuous playing to play every game.
  • edited October 2011
    ah TechnicianSi, I didn't even see your reply before posting mine. strange you said 4 mins each per game and I said 5 mins!

tbh games like Elite would need at least 30-40 minutes to be considered 'played' imo