Just for a bit of fun...

edited January 2004 in Games
If you could walk into a charity shop, car boot sale, or whatever tommorow, and find a copy of Willy Meets the Taxman (or whatever it would have been called) or Mire Mare, which would you rather find?

Can't have both. :)

Post edited by Stewart on

Comments

• GOCGOC
    edited January 2004
    Mire Mare cause it completes a trilogy.

Mind you, I would rather like to find the never-made Part 3 of LOTR for the ZX !!!!
  • edited January 2004
    I don't know what Mire Mare is! What about that Bandersnatch game that Imagine were working on ("the most exhilarating game ever")? Did it ever see the light of day? I know that Imagine went bust, but I sold my Speccy in April '85, and didn't take much notice of what happened afterwards.

Matthew Smith should write 'Miner Willy Meets the Taxman' now, and put it on this site! Maybe if we club together and raise a few quid, he could be tempted? Or is he doing something completely different these days?

[ This Message was edited by: Blunderbuss on 2004-01-17 22:43 ]
  • edited January 2004
    Mire mare
    cos ultimate are THE BEST
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited January 2004
    Mire Mare, of course. Ultimate is just magic...
  • edited January 2004
    On 2004-01-18 12:04, Alessandro Grussu wrote:
    The Great Giana Sisters :p

Just play Super Mario Bros. :D
  • edited January 2004
    On 2004-01-18 12:09, Stewart wrote:
    On 2004-01-18 12:04, Alessandro Grussu wrote:
    The Great Giana Sisters :p
    Just play Super Mario Bros. :D
    SMB was never converted for the Spectrum, you know... :mad:
  • GOCGOC
    edited January 2004
    SMB & GGS would convert best on platforms that support fast & easy scrolling (like the C**). I don't think a conversion would work very well on the Speccy, although one could at least make a conversion in the style of Dave Perry & Nick Bruty, thus improving speed and avoiding ATTR problems...
  • edited January 2004
    The Great Giana Sisters only ever seen it on (c64)*hides for stones now from saying c64 doh i said it again* did it ever come out for spec?

[ This Message was edited by: Brido on 2004-01-18 14:06 ]
  • edited January 2004
    On 2004-01-18 14:06, Brido wrote:
    The Great Giana Sisters only ever seen it on (c64)*hides for stones now for saying c64 doh i said it again* did it ever come out for spec?
    *got it right first time..
    [ This Message was edited by: Brido on 2004-01-18 14:06 ]
  • GOCGOC
    edited January 2004
    On 2004-01-18 14:06, Brido wrote:
    The Great Giana Sisters only ever seen it on (c64)*hides for stones now from saying c64 doh i said it again* did it ever come out for spec?

You know, Brido, you really should try to put some punctuation in your messages :)
  • edited January 2004
    i a nice person but pls keep your thoughts to your self pls
  • edited January 2004
    Look, just read your post out loud, if you start running out of breath, stick a full stop in :)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited January 2004
    just ignore them brido there is nothing wrong with your punctuation looks fine to me I can read what you're saying easy enough you just carry on you're doing fine welcome to the world of spectrum enjoy your stay here :)
  • edited January 2004
    ;o)
  • edited January 2004
    thxs woody yea i keep posting opss missed the full stop. ah better.

[ This Message was edited by: Brido on 2004-01-19 09:13 ]
  • edited January 2004
    :) I remember losing 2 marks in my 6th Grade English test just because I forgot to put a goddamn full stop in one of the sentences (lecturer claimed it changed the meaning of the sentence. yeah right!). she was a stickler for rules you see... god bless her.
  • edited January 2004
    I would rather find Scooby Doo
    I'm a 21st Century digital boy, I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.
  • edited January 2004
    Scooby Doo and Robocod would be the 2 titles I would like to play on the Speccy. If I remember correctly Robocod was to be converted at one point.