Multiface 3 trouble saving to disk

Hey all,

I have just got a Multiface 3 with the intention of using it to transfer some of my tapes onto +3 disk.

I am totally new to this so please forgive me if I ask some real stupid questions...

When the tape loads (Marauder) I press the button and from the menu I select Save, then type a filename, then select copy to Disk.

At this point the screen goes a bit distorted at the top. Then the drive is busy for a bit. The screen goes back to normal. Then I keep getting the same error - 04 I/O error

Anybody know what this is and how to get around it?

It's a standard +3 without any mods btw
Post edited by landorb on

Comments

• edited March 2012
    is the disk full? do a "cat" in basic and see what room you have left
  • edited March 2012
    yup, made sure there was room on the disc.
  • edited March 2012
    landorb wrote: »
    When the tape loads (Marauder) I press the button and from the menu I select Save, then type a filename, then select copy to Disk.

Have you tried a different game just in case it's something that Marauder's doing I? I remember Marauder being one of those games that uses the trick of pointing the interrupt vector into the last byte of RAM and assumes that the first byte of ROM is always 243. There might be a conflict with the +3 ROM either being left paged in during an interrupt or being forced out...

From what you're describing, it does sound like something is being written to disk - After you try making the snapshot do you see any of the files there?
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks for the advice - that is beyond my level of knowledge!

I went for the common sense route - in/out error suggested data transfer trouble - so I gave the edge connector a clean and the Multiface a good blow...

Reslult: Success! Marauder saved to and reloaded from disk no problem!

I was quite surprised by how long it takes to load from disk compared to a retail disc, but still beats tape hands down :)

So are there some games (excluding multi-loads) that have trouble saving with a Muiltiface?