Fuse for Mac OS X 0.6.2.1 released

edited April 2004 in Emulators
Fuse for Mac OS X 0.6.2.1 and the Fuse 0.6.2 utilities are now available for download from the Fuse homepage <http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net>; or from the WoS emulators page.

New Mac OS X specific features include:
Apple Help support,
A recently used snapshots list, and
The ability to reset user preferences to default values
Post edited by Fred on

Comments

• edited April 2004
    Just downloaded this yesterday and it won't run! It quits everytime before it finishes opening. The previous version I had was version 6 I think.

I am running 10.2.8 on a 12inch powerbook. Haven't had too many problems before though I do recall a previous version doing exactly the same.

Any ideas?
  • edited April 2004
    On 2004-04-07 01:02, Scoops wrote:
    The previous version I had was version 6 I think.

Clever as Fuse is only up to version *0*.6.2.1 at the moment :)
    I am running 10.2.8 on a 12inch powerbook.

That'll be the problem then: 0.6.2.1 needs OS X 10.3. Yes, this should probably be made clearer in the README...

[ This Message was edited by: Philip Kendall on 2004-04-07 01:11 ]
  • edited April 2004
    Believe it or not I did read the README and it says right at the top it for OS 10.3 but it didn't register since there was no other mention about it since the last version.

Is this going to be the long term future of Fuse only to support Panther? Not complaining you understand, just need to save up for it!!!
  • edited April 2004
    On 2004-04-07 20:54, Scoops wrote:
    Is this going to be the long term future of Fuse only to support Panther? Not complaining you understand, just need to save up for it!!!

As I don't have 10.2 any more it would be difficult to support it and 10.3 has nifty new features, OTOH there seem to be more people on 10.2 who would like to use a newer Fuse than I had anticipated. I'll see what I can do for 0.7.0 :)
  • edited April 2004
    This patch should apply pretty cleanly against the current CVS version. Time to put your money where your mouth is? :)

• edited April 2004
    On 2004-04-09 00:04, aowen wrote:
    Just to confirm the ROMs in the ZX Spectrum SE are currently the original 48K BASIC as ROM1 and a patched version of 128 BASIC as ROM0, with the three byte call at #0240 (I think - this is from memory) replaced with three bytes to reset the screen mode.

That's correct.
    Unfortunately I'm 12,500 miles away from a Macintosh so I can't try it

I am sure there are one or two Macs in the land of the long white cloud ;) If nothing else mine is only 1,300 miles away :)

I look forward to getting my hands on some of that SE software next year :)
  • edited April 2004
    Is there any chance of making the last version to work with 10.2 available on download. I can only seem to find the current version anywhere!
  • edited April 2004
    I would have thought that the Project Filelist on SourceForge would have been a good place to look :)