ZX Spectrum +3 with 3.5" internal drive for sale

edited September 2012 in Sales
I have a modified Spectrum +3 128k with a 3.5" disk drive built in if anyone is interested.
The distorted sound problem inherint in the +3 has also been corrected.

Some extras like a Multiface 3 are included. See below link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110942672581?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Post edited by Colemu on

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Let me publicly reiterate my intent to win this ;)
  • edited August 2012
    Good luck mate :)
    As long as it goes to a good home, I'll be happy....
  • fogfog
    edited August 2012
    Pstrinic wrote: »
    Let me publicly reiterate my intent to win this ;)

perhaps that is the case, but you are forgetting half of ebay doesn't read this site :lol:

I did have someone "gob off" about something I won on here.. and well it was won fairly (without sniping) and various times I have been outbid myself.. so good luck, but the only thing CERTAIN is uncertainty ;)
  • edited August 2012
    Thats very true....

I am just uploading a quick video to show the system. Haven't really captured the sound well, but may do another one for that.

The intention of this one is to show the drive and Multiface working in harmony. And prove the disks do format to 784k.
  • edited August 2012
    I am however still waiting on that shipping estimate.
  • edited August 2012
    UK Auction only I'm afraid due to bad overseas experiences

That's what he says on his auction details. When I'm selling something on eBay I only trust sellers with 100% positive feedback or at least close to 100%. When I'm buying or selling something on WOS I only trust people who have been around for some time, active in these forums, and I believe others think the same way.

I'm not claiming or assuming anything. Both of you look like nice people but you're both new on WOS, so don't be surprised if people think twice before buying from or selling to either of you.

@Colemu: Looks like a lot of your work went into customizing that +3 and everything looks very professional. I may be wrong but I think you'll regret it down the road. "Why, oh why did I sell it?"... "What was I thinking?", etc. :)

/me hides
  • edited August 2012
    I do have 100% positive ratings on eBay, spanning back to 2001, if that's counts for anything ;)
  • CAVCAV
    edited August 2012
    Colemu wrote: »
    I have a modified Spectrum +3 128k with a 3.5" disk drive built in if anyone is interested.
    The distorted sound problem inherint in the +3 has also been corrected.

Some extras like a Multiface 3 are included. See below link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110942672581?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

@colemu, is there any chance of selling and shipping the +3 to Brazil?
    I am 100% positive eBay buyer for more than 3 years.
    Thanks.
  • edited August 2012
    colemu lives 3 miles from my home :-D ;-)
  • edited August 2012
    I will consider shipping abroad, just reluctant having been 'bitten' a few times recently. I've been on here for years, but forgot my user name and password. Had to re-register, I'm not 'new' to this forum.

I will get a price for shipping to the US, and Brazil. I will trust genuine users of this site :-)
  • edited August 2012
    Just remembered it - this is my original user name :grin:
  • edited August 2012
    zxbruno wrote: »
    That's what he says on his auction details. When I'm selling something on eBay I only trust sellers with 100% positive feedback or at least close to 100%. When I'm buying or selling something on WOS I only trust people who have been around for some time, active in these forums, and I believe others think the same way.

I'm not claiming or assuming anything. Both of you look like nice people but you're both new on WOS, so don't be surprised if people think twice before buying from or selling to either of you.

@Colemu: Looks like a lot of your work went into customizing that +3 and everything looks very professional. I may be wrong but I think you'll regret it down the road. "Why, oh why did I sell it?"... "What was I thinking?", etc. :)

/me hides

I know mate, I just have too much stuff. I'm selling this one, but still have my other Sinclair 128 machine to use. Will have to go back to cassettes though :cry:
  • edited August 2012
    CAV wrote: »
    @colemu, is there any chance of selling and shipping the +3 to Brazil?
    I am 100% positive eBay buyer for more than 3 years.
    Thanks.

Hi,

I will consider users of this forum the REAL enthusiasts :grin:

Will get a estimate for you mate. Aim to get both US & Brazil tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay.....
  • edited August 2012
    zxbruno wrote: »

/me hides

As you can see, I'm not new.

Also changed info on Ebay listing as will now consider shipping abroad. I think I'm due so good luck for a change :wink:
  • edited August 2012
    That format program looks interesting. I can't seem to locate it though. Where did you find it?
  • edited August 2012
    Yeh, no problem, here's the link:
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0011071

I used the following program to transfer the +3 disc image to 3.5" floppy:
    http://www.cpcmania.com/cpcdiskxp/cpcdiskxp.htm

You can transfer any image (games etc) to the 3.5" and they boot exactly the same as a real 3" native Amstrad. (obviously only formatted to 180k)

I then used the Multiface to freeze the program in memory and transfer to a pre-formatted 784k disk.

Sounds hard but it's really easy!! 8-)
  • edited August 2012
    Postage price to:

USA ?75.80

Brazil ?105.60

Tracked, Guaranteed 3/4 days
  • edited August 2012
    What a great item.
    I'll be keeping a close eye on this.
    Realistically, what do you hope to get for it?
  • edited September 2012
    Not a clue my friend, reluctant to sell it at all to tell you the truth. However, now I've made the decision, I'll stick to it.

Been tinkering with it for years. Took me ages to get it to this stage, spent a lot of money different drives etc. (I think it was a A2000 one I settled on in the end), lots of time studying the circuit to get the sound sorted (and getting the AY nicely balanced with the 'beeps').

Multiface 3 was hard to come by too, expecially with the throughport. Got the adapter for my Competition Pro joystick as them SJS ones are sh*te ;-).

It will go for what it goes for in the end, it's the nature of auctions eh....
  • edited September 2012
    Spectroid wrote: »
    Not a clue my friend, reluctant to sell it at all to tell you the truth.

Ha! Keep it before it's too late. Sticking to a decision is not worth eternal regret...
    Spectroid wrote: »
    Postage price to:

USA ?75.80

Brazil ?105.60

/me faints
  • edited September 2012
    Not my price mate, I don't make a penny.
    This is one of the reasons I don't post abroad, not worth the hassle.

I've used cheaper methods before and people claim none receipt. I've lost out about 3 times in the last year :evil:

Oh, yeh.. And don't forget it's large and heavy...
    Power Supply weighs a ton alone!

I've paid ?75 for an MSX from Japan.....
  • edited September 2012
    I know it's not your price. It's the shipping costs in the U.K. Some buyers may want it without the power supply and that helps them save money, but still. If I was shipping it from here to South America or Europe, it would probably be around ?40, but without tracking.
  • edited September 2012
    Without power supply may be cheaper, I could also use a smaller box if that wasn't included.

I will only charge what it actually costs, so it could be cheaper.

UK get ripped of with most things costwise, you guys are lucky, look at our petrol prices! (gas) :-(

Anyway, I won't go back and remove the listing now mate, I'm a man of my word. I may just regret it in a few months though! :-o
  • edited September 2012
    I would say f**k it and keep it. You have a little gem there that should be used and prasied.

You have put a lot of work into it and it shows.

I wish i had the money to do the same to be honest and have such an awesome Spectrum.

If you do sell it then I think you will regret it once its gone. I know i have when I did a C64C yip with everything I wanted then I sold it on. I was gutted and still am after a few months.
  • edited September 2012
    Yep, that's what happens. "I need the money" is a bad excuse. We always need money. :-D
  • edited September 2012
    Money, and more improtantly, space.

I am getting cluttered out.
    Have:
    Amiga 1200 with external floppy and CD, and multisync monitor
    C64 (breadbox) with cassette and 1541-II disk drive
    Sony HB-F1XD (MSX2)
    SNES
    GAMECUBE
    3 XBOX 360's
    PLAYSTATION 1 & 2
    2 DOS PC's
    2 XP-WIN98 PC
    2 WINDOWS 7 PC's
    and have a Spectrum 128 (toastrack) to fall back on.
    Just means I need to use cassette again :rolleyes:

Wife is pushing me to get rid of some stuff, as she's wedged in a corner of the house and can't move! :grin:

Oh yeh, and an old CDi and Laserdisc.....
  • CAVCAV
    edited September 2012
    I've been outbidded.

:cry:
  • CAVCAV
    edited September 2012
    130+105 for shipping.
    The currency exchange is 1 BPS = 3.22 BRL.
    I give up for now.
    Congrats to the auction winner and thank you to Colemu for quoting the shipping.
  • edited September 2012
    Seems I've been defeated as well. Congrats on the sale.