New Game: Cheril the Goddess

edited December 2012 in Brand new software
In the Temple of the Big Cucumber, Prince Chicken (who was famous for his studies of the arcane, for being a proud intelligent man and for having a foot slightly larger than the other), awaited a very special delivery: ?arogas?, a sustance capable of increasing his inner power to a ?Master of the Universe? level. With such power, he would be so strong that, only by thinking bad of somebody, he could make it explode. And that rocks big time.

Meanwhile, and thanks to having had so many adventures, Cheril had learned how to fly and throw energy balls made of concentrated ?bad will?. There was a proble, thought: it took quite a lot of energy to produce such skills, so much that they ended draining her vitality! So, investigating in the slums of Little Olimpo (province of Badajoz), she learned about Prince Chicken and the delivery of arogas he was waiting.

So she was decided: she would sneak by all possible means inside the Temple of the Big Cucumber to intercept the delivery, so she could acquire such a big power for herself so flying and firing power balls wouldn?t drain her vitality. That way she could finally take over the work, and, specially, submit Eleuterio, the Very Serious Monkey, her nemesis.

To achieve such an objective, she learned she had to activate the three Sila-Tsikl elemental tri-force shrines by means of breaking them with the Sacred Talismans ? such a thing would make the temple lock to appear so she could actually open it. Using the temple key, which she had to find as well.

shot4.png shot6.png

[IMPORTANT] How to play

You control Cheril. There?s plenty of things to do, and you?ll need special objects. Cheril can only carry ONE object at a time, so if you try to get a new one while you are carring an object, you will drop the one you carry in the place of the one you take. To get/interchange objects press DOWN.

Besides, you?ll have to give those objects a use. To use an object, just walk to the place you want to use it and press DOWN.

For Cheril to fly, she has to ?push?. You can make her ?push? by pressing UP. But beware: ?pushing? for too long drains Cheril?s vitality, so you have to do this carefully. Timing short ?pushes? can make her gain momentum. Take your time to master the technique, it won?t take long.

Cheril can also fire power balls. You can fire pressing FIRE. Power balls also drain Cheril, but think that enemies do quite a lot of harm. Use this feature wisely, and just when needed!

Cheril can also regain her vitality by means of a special action we won?t reveal ?cause it?s easy enough to find out!

You can choose the difficulty level, but the easiest level won?t show the real ending.

http://www.mojontwins.com/juegos_mojonos/cheril-the-goddess/
Post edited by na_th_an on

Comments

• edited December 2012
    na_th_an wrote: »
    In the Temple of the Big Cucumber, Prince Chicken (who was famous for his studies of the arcane, for being a proud intelligent man and for having a foot slightly larger than the other), awaited a very special delivery: ?arogas?, a sustance capable of increasing his inner power to a ?Master of the Universe? level. With such power, he would be so strong that, only by thinking bad of somebody, he could make it explode. And that rocks big time.

Meanwhile, and thanks to having had so many adventures, Cheril had learned how to fly and throw energy balls made of concentrated ?bad will?. There was a proble, thought: it took quite a lot of energy to produce such skills, so much that they ended draining her vitality! So, investigating in the slums of Little Olimpo (province of Badajoz), she learned about Prince Chicken and the delivery of arogas he was waiting.

So she was decided: she would sneak by all possible means inside the Temple of the Big Cucumber to intercept the delivery, so she could acquire such a big power for herself so flying and firing power balls wouldn?t drain her vitality. That way she could finally take over the work, and, specially, submit Eleuterio, the Very Serious Monkey, her nemesis.

To achieve such an objective, she learned she had to activate the three Sila-Tsikl elemental tri-force shrines by means of breaking them with the Sacred Talismans ? such a thing would make the temple lock to appear so she could actually open it. Using the temple key, which she had to find as well.

shot4.png shot6.png

[IMPORTANT] How to play

You control Cheril. There?s plenty of things to do, and you?ll need special objects. Cheril can only carry ONE object at a time, so if you try to get a new one while you are carring an object, you will drop the one you carry in the place of the one you take. To get/interchange objects press DOWN.

Besides, you?ll have to give those objects a use. To use an object, just walk to the place you want to use it and press DOWN.

For Cheril to fly, she has to ?push?. You can make her ?push? by pressing UP. But beware: ?pushing? for too long drains Cheril?s vitality, so you have to do this carefully. Timing short ?pushes? can make her gain momentum. Take your time to master the technique, it won?t take long.

Cheril can also fire power balls. You can fire pressing FIRE. Power balls also drain Cheril, but think that enemies do quite a lot of harm. Use this feature wisely, and just when needed!

Cheril can also regain her vitality by means of a special action we won?t reveal ?cause it?s easy enough to find out!

You can choose the difficulty level, but the easiest level won?t show the real ending.

http://www.mojontwins.com/juegos_mojonos/cheril-the-goddess/

Looking forward to giving this a try, though you seem to have omitted Eleuterio's Cathedral of Contemporary Melons from the storyline, please amend.
  • edited December 2012
    Just downloaded it and played some games. Cool. Losing vitality by pushing that key for too long is an original thing (and difficult!).

Cool game.
  • edited December 2012
    Game approved by Vah-Ka... ?With FX UNSynchro Sprites!

xD
  • edited December 2012
    "Temple of the Big Cucumber" :lol:
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited December 2012
    Heh, loading screen NSFW!

Though I shouldn't be playing games at work ;-)

Looking good.
  • edited December 2012
    R-Tape wrote: »
    Heh, loading screen NSFW!

It's a Mojons game with a female protagonist, what did you expect? ;)
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited December 2012
    colourful and with a demented way of deambulation.
  • edited December 2012
    Once you get the grip of it, getting rid of gravity is not very difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIOtGhSsgw
  • edited December 2012
    Thank you for remembering about real hardware users (which means = for the TAP file :-) ).
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/
  • edited December 2012
    Thank you for remembering about real hardware users (which means = for the TAP file :-) ).
    Actually I load games from TZX files into my Spectrums :)
  • edited December 2012
    We would love if you took a picture of the game running in real hardware (if you can) :)
  • edited December 2012
    We would love if you took a picture of the game running in real hardware (if you can) :)
    I would be glad to do it (I already did that here and here) but I should dig the Spectrum out of the closet, and right now I have no time to do it :sad:

By the way, the game is very nice and quirky in a funny way ("vendo moto seminueva"??) :)
  • edited December 2012
    No probs :)

Well, is there a better place to advertise than our own game? XD :lol:
  • edited December 2012
    It's a Mojons game with a female protagonist, what did you expect? ;)

mojon.png

A demure lady wearing some natural fabrics.

(Great loading screen by the way).
  • edited December 2012
    mojon.png

Why have you painted over my work? :'(
  • edited December 2012
    As soon as I can make a physical copy of the game, I'll tell how it works too. ;-)
    mojon.png

It's cold outside. That's why... I've heard her coughing and sneezing... :lol:
  • edited December 2012
    anjuel wrote: »
    Why have you painted over my work? :'(

Just having a laff, if it bothers you just drop me a PM & I'll remove the link. Sorry about that, your loading screen is excellent :-).

It's cold outside. That's why... I've heard her coughing and sneezing... :lol:

Heh, yes my thoughts exactly, if this game is to be released in icy Britain she needs a nice warm cardigan ;-).
  • edited December 2012
    Our only complain is that green and red doesn't go well with each other. How dare you?

:P
  • edited December 2012
    Just having a laff, if it bothers you just drop me a PM & I'll remove the link. Sorry about that, your loading screen is excellent :-).

lol, I was joking :D

Thanks for playing and I'm glad you like the screen! ;-)
  • edited December 2012
    Actually I load games from TZX files into my Spectrums :)

Me too. TAPs are for modern hardware (such as divIDE and similars), classic hardware (tape) users are better served by TZXs (TAPs are usually valid too, but sometimes there are pauses needed that TAP format has no way to indicate).
  • edited December 2012
    There must be a bug somewhere, because I've almost finished the game. I got the key to open the gate and once I've crossed it, while somebody says "BECOME A TRUE GODDESS" I find myself inside an obscure cave...

What really happens is a black screen with two insignificant pixels at the bottom, but no response at all. So, does it really crash the game just in the end?

• edited December 2012
    Alessandro:

OK, you've got me. ;)
    ZX Spectrum 48K BEEPER Music:
    http://mister_beep.republika.pl/
  • edited December 2012
    Hmmm that shouldn't happen. Which difficulty level are you playing this on? If you are playing in EASY the ending doesn't show at all, but you should go back to the menu :-/

We need better betatesters.
  • edited December 2012
    Confirmed, the game works correctly in MEDIUM or HARD mode. It's the EASY mode which mysteriously hangs.

MEDIUM or HARD mode should show the ending correctly.
  • edited December 2012
    Being a bit late to reply Nathan, but he found the answer.

Yes, I played EASY mode.

Soon I'll try to improve myself in the rest of difficulty levels. :-)
  • edited December 2012
    Timmy wrote: »
    So there's no real bug and I can download now?

Looking forward to playing it. :)

Only if you don't play EASY mode, you won't find any problem as Na_th_an said. :-)
  • edited December 2012
    throw energy balls made of concentrated ?bad will?
    Sounds like me in the morning, before my first cup of coffee has fully taken hold. :D

Nice game!
  • edited December 2012
    Yup, all Cheril games are set early in the morning!