The Official Crap Games Competition 2013 Thread!

1262728293032»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Huge thanks to R-Tape for putting in the hard work.

I must try harder this year....to write something utterly crap.
  • edited January 2014
    yep full kudos and credit to R Tape for all the hard work....and the patience to actually play some of the crap churned out ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Definitely lots of thanks for R Tape for doing this. I don't think I could. Writing that much stuff about 1 game sounds scary enough for me, let alone over 100. Or posting in css, or writing PMs. Thanks!
  • edited January 2014
    Yes, congratulations all round for exceeding 100 entries, and great work on the part of R-Tape for reviewing and hosting it all.
    Here's hoping for another great year of crap!
    Any relation to Mr Slater's Parrot?
    No, but second cousin to Bertie Blunt's.

I can't believe R-Tape is questioning the train! Name the first Agatha Christie / Poirot mystery that comes to mind? What was the art-deco animation of the start of the ITV show based on? Come on people!

There's also supposed to be the candlestick (from Cluedo), an alarm clock (timepieces were altered in Death in Paradise), the Pyramids (Death on the Nile) and a wasp (Death in the Clouds) amongst the other paraphernalia. But yes, the teddy bear was a random leftover UDG.
    One hundred and one damnations! :D
    That's a book that is.
    No, it's the 1989 debut album by Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine, featuring the brilliant Midnight on the Murder Mile and the unforgettable Sheriff Fatman.
    I have suspicons Agatha Christies Parrot is not?
    Erm. ITV Series.
    Delivery Man: Morning, Sir, I've got a parrot for Mr "Poy-rot".
    Hercule Poirot: No no no! Poirot. It is pronounced "Pwa-roe".
    Delivery Man: I beg your pardon, Governor. I've got a "pwa-roe" for Mr "Poy-rot".
    Look out for the sequel next year, Agatha Christie's Missed Marbles.
    Looks like it's pining for the Fjords as well? :D
    That would be the Norwegian Blue. Anyway, it's not dead.

I still don't know how the file name ended up as 'AGParrot' when it should be 'ACParrot' though...
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited January 2014
    joefish wrote: »
    No, it's the 1989 debut album by Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine, featuring the brilliant Midnight on the Murder Mile and the unforgettable Sheriff Fatman.

I'm well aware of Carter USM's album but it is also a book, my mother has it it's a spoof. I've never read it.
    joefish wrote: »

I'm also well aware of the fat Belgian smart arse, but he doesn't like being called Parrot or Poi-rot :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited January 2014
    All,

Just a note to say thanks to R Tape for a marvellous competition and brilliant in-depth reviews of the games with that, as I'm sure someone has already said, were often as much of a highlight as the games themselves.

It'll be a tough act to follow so I'm going all out and currently working on a (hopefully) nice hand-rolled PHP website and compo format ideas for the year. Hopefully I'll be starting "The Official Crap Games Competition 2014 Thread!" in a few weeks time.

In the meantime everyone take a well deserved break before you relaunch BASin and start up the crap-o-matic machine once more. :D

PS: Does WoS go down for regular maintenance in the late evening? I went to sign in last night (and, before that, late on Saturday) and the website was showing; "Bad requests"?
    Myke-P
  • edited January 2014
    MykeP wrote: »
    All,

Just a note to say thanks to R Tape for a marvellous competition and brilliant in-depth reviews of the games with that, as I'm sure someone has already said, were often as much of a highlight as the games themselves.

It'll be a tough act to follow so I'm going all out and currently working on a (hopefully) nice hand-rolled PHP website and compo format ideas for the year. Hopefully I'll be starting "The Official Crap Games Competition 2014 Thread!" in a few weeks time.

In the meantime everyone take a well deserved break before you relaunch BASin and start up the crap-o-matic machine once more. :D

PS: Does WoS go down for regular maintenance in the late evening? I went to sign in last night (and, before that, late on Saturday) and the website was showing; "Bad requests"?

Welcome Myke!

I'll be doing my best to compress everything I've learnt into making the crappiest game possible.

Good luck with the hosting!

Weird, I've never had that 'Bad Request' thing before, WOS doesn't go down for maintenance as far as I know.
  • edited January 2014
    WOW! [strike]Best[/strike]Only Type-in winner. I am really please, it's made my day after Database exam revision melting my mind.

Regards,

Shaun.