The Official Crap Games Competition 2013 Thread!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    But please, keep in fashion!
  • edited February 2013
    A new entry!

Mega Ski, a.....type.....innnnnnn

SecondEntry.png

Any troopers who actually do the type in will probably get some sort of award or mention in the CGC digest at year end. Dunno the 'Trooper Award' or something.

Enjjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

DSCN0137.JPG
  • edited February 2013
    Perhaps I need to make a longer type-in for those fully dedicated people... a 20 liner anyone? ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited February 2013
    Time for a hype update!

My "sprite engine" is coming along. It can now undraw and refresh a 16x16 spaceship graphic on the shadow screen while the other is being displayed so that there's no tearing visible as the sprite is moved. Next job is keyboard scanning so the ship can be flown around the game area :)

Then onto collision detection with the scrolling map, stay tuned :)
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • edited February 2013
    Perhaps I need to make a longer type-in for those fully dedicated people... a 20 liner anyone? ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.

Heh, I was hopeless enough with a 10 liner! A valuable experience though.
    guesser wrote: »
    It's going to be astounding. A technical marvel as brilliant as it is pointless...

They're coming...

Hype you say?

THEY'RE COMING....

Time for a hype update!

My "sprite engine" is coming along. It can now undraw and refresh a 16x16 spaceship graphic on the shadow screen while the other is being displayed so that there's no tearing visible as the sprite is moved. Next job is keyboard scanning so the ship can be flown around the game area :)

Then onto collision detection with the scrolling map, stay tuned :)

Sprite engine? Shadow screen? No tearing? Are you sure this is a crap game?
  • edited February 2013
    R-Tape wrote: »
    Sprite engine? Shadow screen? No tearing? Are you sure this is a crap game?

It's more of a playable tech demo really, but I figured if I enter it in the CGC more people will have a look at it... There's even an energetic AY soundtrack by a well known demo scener but don't worry, my game code is total crap if you actually saw the source :grin:

I'm aiming for a sharp contrast between technical brilliance and the utter mediocrity of the actual game concept ;)

I really hope the gimmick is worth all the effort :-o
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • edited February 2013
    Up the ante on Shaun and release it in asm source code as hex using the old Your Sinclair hex type in thingee. That would drive us round the bend for sure !
  • edited February 2013
    spud wrote: »
    Up the ante on Shaun and release it in asm source code as hex using the old Your Sinclair hex type in thingee. That would drive us round the bend for sure !

hah, it certainly would as the title screen is baked into the binary with everything else :)

I shall make sure to use a font that makes it hard to tell the difference between a B and an 8 :)
  • Better still, just give us a rough idea of what the game's about and let us program it ourselves! :D
  • edited February 2013
    Yep, or even better get Phil Rushton to encrypt some kind of XOR code into a scruffily handwritten note, hide it in the Shetlands (where the HEX code note is buried in a Russian doll under the statue of course ) and tell me to 'GO NORTH' or somethin' :grin:
    I really hope the gimmick is worth all the effort :-o

THEY'RE COMING....
  • I have an idea for a strongly adult-themed game
    A new entry!

Mega Ski, a.....type.....innnnnnn

SecondEntry.png

Is this the adult game?
    THEY'RE COMING....

Or maybe this one?
  • edited February 2013
    Is this the adult game?
    Type it in and find out :-)

In hind-sight, I should have caused this one "Advanced First Manual Entry Simulator", as you have to type it in yourself.

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited February 2013
    Is this the adult game?

Or maybe this one?

Sorry my mistake, I was actually referring to Carlsson's games :razz:

THEY'RE COWING....
    Type it in and find out :-)

In hind-sight, I should have caused this one "Advanced First Manual Entry Simulator", as you have to type it in yourself.

Regards,

Shaun.

Thanks again Shaun, despite my amateur dramatics I actually enjoyed doing the type in :)
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks again Shaun, despite my amateur dramatics I actually enjoyed doing the type in :)
    I like all programming, as long as it's not SQL :-)

Looks like the typos are creeping in everywhere. I should learn how to write and to proof-read. Consider both a work in progress.

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited February 2013
    And another crap game from Kweepa. This guy is on a roll!

127 Hours.

ingame1.gif

And also the solution to Type C for Crap is now on the site:
    Spoiler:
  • edited February 2013
    Spoiler alert!
  • edited February 2013
    How about a themed mini-competition about new pope's election with a fixed deadline, say 28th february ?
  • edited February 2013
    Did I miss something? By Jove, I did!
  • edited February 2013
    As long as the Popeware doesn't cause our Speccys to emit either black or white smoke, I think we might be game.
  • edited February 2013
    apenao wrote: »
    How about a themed mini-competition about new pope's election with a fixed deadline, say 28th february ?

Sounds like a plan. Winner gets to be pope.

Though the gold standard has surely been set with Pope based games with Overtake the pope and Overtake the Pope 2??!!
  • edited February 2013
    And another crap game from Kweepa. This guy is on a roll!
    All of Kweepa's games seem to have a touch of quality to them, and therefore should be banned ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited February 2013
    I can't help it! I try to write a crap game, then I can't bear to release it without first spending an hour or two polishing it.
  • You can't polish a t**d! Or maybe you can! ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Kweepa wrote: »
    I can't help it! I try to write a crap game, then I can't bear to release it without first spending an hour or two polishing it.
    Testing should be a maximum of 20 minutes, polishing should be a maximum of 20 seconds ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.
  • edited February 2013
    THEY'RE SITTING AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN NOT LOOKING PARTICULARLY MENACING...
    but there are up to 12 or so on screen at once!

That's with them just as a static sprite test at the moment but hopefully some optimisations can be found in the rest of my hideous ungainly code to free up enough cpu time for them to actually come...

Flying the player sprite around in all eight directions is rather fun though. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd already chosen the name and promised you all that they are coming I'd just have slapped the collision detection in and released it as "advanced not crashing into a wall simulator" ;)
  • edited February 2013
    You can't polish a t**d! Or maybe you can! ;)

Well I'm on my second graphics engine rewrite and sixth bottle of Pledge... :D
  • edited February 2013
    but there are up to 12 or so on screen at once!

Oooh nifty. Is that ahead of the scanline? And what size of sprite?
    That's with them just as a static sprite test at the moment but hopefully some optimisations can be found in the rest of my hideous ungainly code to free up enough cpu time for them to actually come...

Ehhhh what kind of game is this?
  • R-Tape wrote: »

Ehhhh what kind of game is this?

A type in. :D
  • edited February 2013
    A type in. :D

That would make 3 then, I've been reliably informed that I'll be receiving at least one more of the bloody things!
  • edited February 2013
    That would make 3 then, I've been reliably informed that I'll be receiving at least one more of the bloody things!
    Don't worry R-Tape, I might have gone over-board last time with all of the VAL "n" statements, I'm going to correct this by using the keyword BIN instead, for extra readability.

Regards,

Shaun.