The Official Crap Games Competition 2013 Thread!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    A funny little entry here, help to save Sean Connery's spleen:

game1.gif

Dr No.'s Division Incision Derision

There is a building body of evidence that math games are FUN!
  • edited February 2013
    Ha ha ha this one is great :D
  • Bloody maths again! What's wrong with R.E or Double History?
  • edited February 2013
    GOOD GAME ALERT!

game1.gif

LARRY THE LANDER

Give this one a real go, it's really challenging.

Jammajup, thankyou for the entry, but in addition to the CGC don't forget to launch a new thread in Brand New Software or at least upload it to WOS!
  • edited February 2013
    Wow, that is hard core. And pretty crap, just because it's so unfair.
  • edited February 2013
    Kweepa wrote: »
    Wow, that is hard core. And pretty crap, just because it's so unfair.

Damn right, the tight squeezes get me every time.

Hi Score challenge starts at 3270...
  • edited February 2013
    I learned how to deal with most of the tight squeezes looking at the youtube video posted. Yeah, I'm a cheater.
  • edited February 2013
    R-Tape wrote: »
    GOOD GAME ALERT!

Jammajup, thankyou for the entry, but in addition to the CGC don't forget to launch a new thread in Brand New Software or at least upload it to WOS!

Hi Dave
    I uploaded it to wos yesterday but i will open a new thread with it in Brand New Software.
    The boss "Commodorecrass" must be destroyed ;)
  • edited February 2013
    The new Hi Score challenge is 4790 (no pokes). I might actually be getting the hang of this.
    jammajup wrote: »
    Hi Dave
    I uploaded it to wos yesterday but i will open a new thread with it in Brand New Software.

Sounds a formidable foe!
  • edited February 2013
    A score of 8K+ is typical for completion and death of boss but if your especially brave you could keep the boss chasing you for a while as you shoot his defending aliens for score and fuel,maybe your score would near 10K if you do that.
    The Boss is not the problem it is everything else trying to stop you as you fight him lol
  • edited February 2013
    jammajup wrote: »
    Hi Dave

I love when these things happen. I remember the case of mushroom man when an excellent game was disguised in a poor 'suit' but finally ended with the recognition it deserved.

BUT ... I'm wondering if this idea could be used upside down. I mean, how about CSSCGC reclaiming the worst 'regular' game of the year (or the worse 3) to participate in the competition as 'guest stars' ?
  • edited February 2013
    Definitely, that should happen :D
  • edited February 2013
    I think if that happens the authors should be asked first to make sure they are cool with it.
  • edited February 2013
    Keep up people, another one!

game1.gif

SCRAP YARD SCRAPES

This one has really captured my attention, it's got a few crap things in there that just stop it being fantastic.

I was going to award this game CGC Sizzler status...

CGCSIZZLER_zps25b51610.gif

...but as I reviewed it a little while back quite a few others have appeared that could deserve the same - and I didn't want to devalue the award. I will wait and see and spread appropriate awards at the right time.

I love this game, and at some point hope Kweepa uses his powers for the force of good and develops this fantastic idea into something more :-).
  • edited February 2013
    Yay--- aww.
    I want that trophy!
    Thanks for the kind words, Dave. No promises though.
  • edited February 2013
    Must it have the word 'crap' in it to qualify?

I've got a game called 'Thunderturds' which might fit the criteria...

postimage.png
  • edited February 2013
    Must it have the word 'crap' in it to qualify?

Not at all!
    I've got a game called 'Thunderturds' which might fit the criteria...

postimage.png

Heh, looks suspiciously like a good game but I can't say without playing :D.
  • edited February 2013
    Yes, the use of colour is very clever.
    I have faith in your ability to stink it up, though.
  • edited February 2013
    Yep - must say, the use of colour there is fantastic.
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited February 2013
    Stop the presses! There is now no need for an English translation of Alessandro Grussu's Spectrumpedia. Thanks to this little utility from Lee Spoons:

game1.gif

Teacho Yourselfo Italiano

It also sports the best (i.e. only) loading screen of the competition so far.
  • edited February 2013
    Tipshack: convert to the Sprechen Sie Deutsch simulator: 20 LET i$=EN

Dammit, that's my sequel (Teachen Yourselfen Germanen) out the window then :D
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited February 2013
    Dang-o, I really could have used this program last night to craft the dialogue for the Italian character in my latest adventure game.

For a true sequel, the program should swap some words around and glue some other words together - Yourselfen GermanenTeachen. Rosetta Stone look out! And of course it needs an awesome splash screen.
  • edited February 2013
    Kweepa wrote: »
    For a true sequel, the program should swap some words around and glue some other words together - Yourselfen GermanenTeachen. Rosetta Stone look out!

That sounds like einen Verygutenplannerung indeeden.
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited February 2013
    Another contender for the CGC Sizzler:

game2.gif

Gareth Hood

Has some 'crap' qualities (slow-ish, colour clash, udgs) but it kept me entertained for a long time. I'll even be returning to it for fun.

Let me know how you get on with this one, I can't quite get my aim right.
  • What this competition needs is some more games by Kweepa! :lol:

I thought I'd gone overboard with 3 entries!
  • edited February 2013
    What this competition needs is some more games by Kweepa! :lol:

I thought I'd gone overboard with 3 entries!

Two more still to come from Kweepa!

Though the next one is from Apenao, and now that I've played it I can see that it was worth the hype ;-)...and err the total number of loading screens is now above 1!
  • edited February 2013
    Crap, I forgot to add a loading Screen. Now I'll have to submit yet another entry only to have one included.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm such a n00b when it comes to the Speccy that I don't quite know how to include a loading screen even. Not that I'm unable to look it up, just that it never occurred to me to be a natural part of an entry.

I've got a few rough ideas for a game, but am still looking for the ideal combo of two genres that generally turn into good games when implemented separately but risk mashing into crapism if they are merged.
  • edited February 2013
    carlsson wrote: »
    I'm such a n00b when it comes to the Speccy that I don't quite know how to include a loading screen even. Not that I'm unable to look it up, just that it never occurred to me to be a natural part of an entry.
    I don't know either... :(
    Reading through the reviews of the old competitions, it seems loading screens changed from being frowned upon for professionalism, to being desired to highlight how crap the game is compared to the implied promise.
    Obviously there weren't loading screens in Cassette 50, so that's where my thoughts lie. Plus, it takes ages to craft a loading screen, and my games only take a couple of hours to write.
  • edited February 2013
    THEY'RE MOVING!

only in straight lines from top to bottom, but it's a start :)
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.