Free/cheap games

edited June 2013 in Chit chat
Just found GOG are giving away Torchlight until 20 June 19.59 GMT
http://www.gog.com/

And this lot are giving you a load of games including Frozen Synapse, Broken Sword, Directors Cut, Aquaria, Fractal, Organ Trail, Directors Cut, Pulse and Stealth Bastard Deluxe for $4.66 or more, if you want to pay more....
https://www.humblebundle.com/

All DRM free. Go get em !
Post edited by Moriarty on

Comments

• edited June 2013
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/faster_than_light

hmmmm... any relation to Gargoyle Games?
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited June 2013
    Looks abit like the old Atari ST game, Sundog.
  • edited June 2013
    Just downloaded Torchlight and Beneath a Steel Sky.

I remember BASS from the Amiga version. Never played Torchlight. Will install them the weekend when I have some time to kill.
    WIP Tritone Demo
    No more html on dropbox. :(
  • edited June 2013
    leespoons wrote: »
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/faster_than_light

hmmmm... any relation to Gargoyle Games?

No but its a really good game. Simple and easy to play but gets very challenging as you get into it. No fancy graphics just good game play.
  • edited June 2013
    FrankT wrote: »

I remember BASS from the Amiga version. Never played Torchlight. Will install them the weekend when I have some time to kill.
    I might have mentioned this here before, but those point-and-click adventures like Beneath A Steel Sky work brilliantly on touch screen Android devices. It's almost like the games were designed for that platform from the outset.

You just need to fetch ScummVM from the Play Store. A bunch of freely available game files (including BASS) are downloadable , legally, from the ScummVM website too. Other game files for ScummVM (Monkey Island, Full Throttle, etc) are but a Google away too...
  • edited June 2013
    BASS is great, I finished it a couple months ago, played it with scumm on a Raspberry Pi.
  • edited June 2013
    GOG seems to be a mass of American RPGs and sadly, not much else.
    I did get RealMyst from them, which is a great playable improvement on the original and highly atmospheric. Shame the real-3D equivalent version of Riven is taking so long, as the scenery on that was far more impressive, and the environment is much bigger - even if the game had some particularly irritating hard bits.
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited June 2013
    ccowley wrote: »
    I might have mentioned this here before, but those point-and-click adventures like Beneath A Steel Sky work brilliantly on touch screen Android devices. It's almost like the games were designed for that platform from the outset.

You just need to fetch ScummVM from the Play Store. A bunch of freely available game files (including BASS) are downloadable , legally, from the ScummVM website too. Other game files for ScummVM (Monkey Island, Full Throttle, etc) are but a Google away too...

I KNEW there was something I've been meaning to do on my new Android tablet. Thanks for the reminder!
  • edited June 2013
    Just joined and for the 9 free games...and added Torchlight as well.
    FrankT wrote: »

Same here! And also Lure of the Temptress...remember being wowed by that on the miggy back in't day!

:-)
  • zx1zx1
    edited June 2013
    GOG are going to bring Theme Park out soon, i'll be buying that!:smile:
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited June 2013
    I grabbed Torchlight this afternoon and redownloaded Duke Nukem, Fallout, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lure of the Temptress, Tomb Raider 1-5 and probably summat else.

I know what I'll be doing when Sue's watching telly :D
    Oh, no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
    I don’t think I have the stomach for it.
    --Raziel (Legend of Kain: Soul Reaver 2)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VincentTSFP
  • edited June 2013
    VincentAC wrote: »

I know what I'll be doing when Sue's watching telly :D

the washing up? :D
  • edited June 2013
    Damn, posted in the wrong thread, sorry. Though if you want to go off topic, and discuss the best comic book reader for Android here, instead of the thread I'm about to start on the subject, then please feel free...
  • edited June 2013
    I've got quite a few games from GOG over the last year....mostly old shooters like the Blake Stone games, Catacombs, Unreal 1 & 2, Blood 1 & 2, System Shock 2.... and a lot of old horror games like Realms Of The Haunting, Phantasmagoria, The Gabriel Knight games and Sanitarium...

As I've said before, it's not a bad place to pick up old PC stuff really, as they optimize them for modern PCs and start them up with DOSbox ready to play...
  • edited June 2013
    mile wrote: »
    the washing up? :D
    Nah, that's her job :p
    deadpan666 wrote: »
    I've got quite a few games from GOG over the last year....mostly old shooters like the Blake Stone games, Catacombs, Unreal 1 & 2, Blood 1 & 2, System Shock 2.... and a lot of old horror games like Realms Of The Haunting, Phantasmagoria, The Gabriel Knight games and Sanitarium...
    I've been meaning to go back to Phantasmagoria 1 & 2 and Gabriel Knight (The Beast Within?). Couldn't be arsed with all those discs though so I may end up getting them on gog at some point.

I might get Soul Reaver 1 & 2 aswell if I can get a decent pad to work on the pc.

• edited June 2013
    Actually I've just noticed that a lot of arcadey stuff is down to $2.99, along with a few other classics, so went for Descent 3, Screamer 2, Cannon Fodder 2, Serious Sam 2, Magic Carpet 2 and Riven.
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited June 2013
    VincentAC wrote: »
    Nah, that's her job :p

You pay her to do it? RIGHT ON! ( errrrrrrr )
  • edited June 2013
    ZnorXman wrote: »
    You pay her to do it? RIGHT ON! ( errrrrrrr )
    I didn't say it was a paid job :p

It's one of those forced voluntary things ;)

• On humblebundle you can get Dungeons 2 free (with steam key), still got 1 day 5 hours left to grab that. also just grabbed Party hard alpha (but that one you dont get a steam key for the free price, just a download)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • Timmy wrote: »
    GOG has currently also a free game on the front page.

They were giving away Saints Row 2 for free a few weeks ago
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • Hmm, got the PH2 free one, could not find the Dungeons 2 one though
    So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    Hmm, got the PH2 free one, could not find the Dungeons 2 one though
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dungeons-2

run forest, only 23 hours to go lol
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited May 2017
    I got lost on the way, but managed to finally get it :)

2017513_14433.png
    Post edited by polomint on
  • mount and blade is free on gog for 48 hours
  • cheers.
  • Freebie for mobiles/tablets such as Radiant and Hill Climb Racing are very playable
  • edited May 2017
    Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam if you like spacey rpg thingies...

store.steampowered.com/app/236150/Starpoint_Gemini_2/

2017523_92456.png
  • polomint wrote: »
    Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam if you like spacey rpg thingies...

store.steampowered.com/app/236150/Starpoint_Gemini_2/

2017523_92456.png
    theres also the starpoint origins add on free if you search

and also a daft fighting game, Iron Snout
  • edited May 2017
    Ahh, excellent, I never noticed Origins.. :) Cheers

store.steampowered.com/app/371060/Starpoint_Gemini_2_Origins/