Al's Double Bill - Official release

ADB.png

Al's Double Bill, the combined and enhanced, 128K-only version of my first two Spectrum games, first announced in Bari for Apulia Retrocomputing 2013 last March, is now available, unfortunately in Italian, English and Portuguese only; Spanish, German and French versions will probably be available later, but right now I cannot say anything more about that.

What's new:

- Lost In My Spectrum Versione Estesa

This version is based on Lost In My Spectrum v1.2 and has the following new features:
  • 9 lives available to the player (instead of 7);
  • 4 new levels, from the 16th to the 19th;
  • 5 new sprites (3 for enemies and 2 for objects);
  • 10 new blocks for level drawing;
  • 1 jump sound;
  • 1 new loading screen;
  • 1 new end-of-game screen.
- Apulija-13 Director's Cut

This version is based on Apulija-13 v1.1 and has the following new features:
  • 5 new locations;
  • modified secret location;
  • modified effect of the secret item;
  • some of the previously existing locations have been modified in order to make the map more coherent;
  • almost all objects have been relocated;
  • tougher enemies;
  • 5 lives available to the player (instead of 3);
  • 1 new loading screen;
  • 1 alternative ending;
  • 1 ‘bonus’ game unlocked by the alternative ending.
The game can be downloaded from my website (link is at the bottom of page).

Have fun :)
Post edited by Alessandro Grussu on

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I'm going to go and vote them both a 1 :p
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited July 2013
    Nice one Alessandro!

Most interested to see LIMS. Though I presume that despite the extra levels you've kept the Mondrian level?
  • edited July 2013
    R-Tape wrote: »
    Nice one Alessandro!
    Thanks!
    R-Tape wrote: »
    Most interested to see LIMS. Though I presume that despite the extra levels you've kept the Mondrian level?
    Of course I did ;) Though if you memorized the pattern of the hidden platforms, you should be able to negotiate it without problems. Remember you've also got 9 lives to play with in this extended version, and some other screens have been made slightly easier as per v1.2.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Alessandro,
    French translation in progress... I finished one third, and think you'll have it until the end of july :D

I'm going to download the game immediatly and test it ;)
    Super Spectrum 128k+4 : +2A case, +2 motherboard, internal divIDE + SD
    Spectrum 48k+ / 128k+ / 128k+2 / +2A (2) / +3 with Multiface3
    SpeccyPi 128k+3,14...
    Yes, I only love the + versions !!!
  • edited July 2013
    Merci Patrice! Will wait for the files then.

On the other hand, feedback is always welcome.
  • edited July 2013
    Merci Patrice! Will wait for the files then.

On the other hand, feedback is always welcome.

Unfortunately, my free time is more and more non existant lately :S
    I specially want to try properly Apulija, as it looks very good and a type of game I lately feel like playing a lot!
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Ivan, I wrote about a possible future Spanish version of ADB on the speccy.org forum as well. I will develop it side-to-side with the French one, after Patrice sends me the in-game text translation. After all, only LIMS would need a Spanish translation of both in-game text and documentation, since it was originally released in Italian and English only. Anyway I don't think I will be able to start to work at it before the end of July.

One of the new screens in LIMS even acts as a retro-connection to Apulija-13 ;)
  • edited July 2013
    great, to see a update for Apulija-13. one of my favourits

thanks
    ZX Everyday in Germany
  • edited July 2013
    ZX Oxo wrote: »
    great, to see a update for Apulija-13. one of my favourits

thanks

Bitte sehr :) Unfortunately the German version isn't available yet, I am sorry :(
  • edited July 2013
    French translation still in progress, 70% done... :D
    SpeccyPi 128k+3,14...
  • edited July 2013
    French translation finished !
    Alessandro, I'll send it to you tomorrow, I'll read it again? before, just to be sure I didn't let any misspellings inside... :D
    By the way, let me say that you've got a great imagination (maybe a little bit too much :p:-P;) )
    Now that I know the script by heart, I think I can play your game eyes (almost) closed :D
    SpeccyPi 128k+3,14...
  • edited July 2013
    Merci beacoup Patrice! Looks like the next release of ADB will be speaking French then :)
  • edited July 2013
    The French edition is now ready. I tested it but am also waiting for some feedback from Patrice before releasing it.

While I am at it, I would like to apologize because I did not write in the manual that LIMSVE now features a PAUSE key (default: SPACE), which can of course be redefined just like the others. I remember some user complained about the absence of such a key, in order to study a possible route for each level; well, now here is it :)

The manual has been amended accordingly and the updated version, complete with French instructions, will be available for download when the French edition will be added. Official release will be announced here, of course ;)
  • edited July 2013
    The game is now officially available in French, Spanish and German and can be downloaded from here! :smile:

Sorry if the documentation has not been translated to Spanish and German yet, but I hope to have it ready anytime soon :wink:
  • edited July 2013
    Nice job !
    I tested ADB in french on my "+4" (+2 with divIDE), as usually the tap version doesn't work without the Z80 loaders (in my case 2 of them are working : the +2 version, ...and I forgot wich one of the 2 others is working too !!! :D )

Apulija 13 on the real machine is really a great game !!! :-)
    SpeccyPi 128k+3,14...
  • edited July 2013
    I'm going to vote now... :)
    SpeccyPi 128k+3,14...
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks Patrice ;)

By the way, the ADB-INFO.TXT file clearly indicates which Z80 loader files are required to load the game with the DivIDE - you translated that as well, remember? :)
  • edited October 2013
    A "silent update". Thanks to Andrew Owen's SoftPLAY routine, I made a TRD version of ADB fully compatible with DivIDE (ESXDOS 0.8.5). No more hassling with Z80 loaders :)

Unfortunately the tape version still relies upon the RAM disk to store data. Since the two main program files are larger than 16 KB, swapping them through memory banks, as I did for Funky Fungus lately, would be a pain in the neck for me to do, so DivIDE users wanting to load ADB with their interface will have to rely on this TRD version only.

I also corrected the 'bonus unlocked' message in the Portuguese version, which had all the special letters messed up.

Download it from here