The 1980's The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

edited October 2013 in Chit chat
Was listening to random 80's music on youtube today and could not help notice the video to Lionel Richie's Hello. Were a lecturer falls in love with one of his pupil's who just happens to be blind. At the end of the video he ends up calling her in the middle of the night.

That got me thinking, if that actually happened these days, the girl would be creeped out as F**k, and lecturer would most probably loose is job. It might even get in the paper as some god awful story such as Are 'Evil preditors lurking in your colleges'.

However, when I was as high school, there were countless rumors of well developed girls and the sport's teacher. He was never thought of as pervy, more lucky.

Isn't it funny how what is generally accepted changes. I so remember being in the 80's and thinking how modern it all was, but now I look back and laugh at how primitive we were.
Post edited by Scottie_USA on

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Yeah. I remember thinking as a young boy Toni Basil was hubba-hubba!!

Can't help but think modern kids got the better end of the deal with Britney Spears "Baby One More Time" though.
  • edited October 2013
    She looks ok here

Toni+Basil.jpg

I'm guessing your name is Mickey then?
  • edited October 2013
    Isn't it funny how what is generally accepted changes. I so remember being in the 80's and thinking how modern it all was, but now I look back and laugh at how primitive we were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24714608

news story from yesterday to illustrate the point. surely back in the 80s this would've warranted no more than a ticking off, not a 'striking' off

we had teachers who used to say all kinds of bizarre stuff. I'm sure our history teacher once threatened to decapitate some kid... it's banter
  • edited October 2013
    I have just had a quick wiki, and I can't believe Toni Basil is 70. Apparently she was 39 when she released Mickey.
  • edited October 2013
    Well Debbie Harry is 68 she was pretty "old" in her heyday (younger than I am now though lol). (EDIT: Well maybe not that old, she was 33 in 1978 when Heart of Glass catapulted her into worldwide fame).

Nigella Lawson is in her 50s though, and Charlotte Church won "rear of the year" when she was 16 (so was 15 for part of that year), so age is just a number.
  • edited October 2013
    def chris wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24714608

news story from yesterday to illustrate the point. surely back in the 80s this would've warranted no more than a ticking off, not a 'striking' off

we had teachers who used to say all kinds of bizarre stuff. I'm sure our history teacher once threatened to decapitate some kid... it's banter

I dunno, some of the things that news report states might be even too much for the 80's. In the 70's it would have passed though.
  • edited October 2013
    I'll take you're "hey Mikey" and up it to

• edited October 2013
    I dunno, some of the things that news report states might be even too much for the 80's. In the 70's it would have passed though.

yeah I suppose it does go a bit OTT...
  • edited October 2013
    Without Sabrina's videos would we have progressed to this though?

• edited October 2013
    Ooooh my tra la la la :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited October 2013
    She looks ok here

Toni+Basil.jpg

I'm guessing your name is Mickey then?

yeah, but that looks c30 years ago or so...

That would have made me 7 and her an inmate.
  • edited October 2013
    I think you will find it is "Mmmm, my tra la la". The "Oooh" is what he says when you touch his ding ding dong.
  • edited October 2013
    Ah, Sabrina! A reminder that I was already into boobs by the tender age of 8. :lol:
  • edited October 2013
    I think you will find it is "Mmmm, my tra la la". The "Oooh" is what he says when you touch his ding ding dong.

Does it reeeeeeaaaally matter? :D
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited October 2013
    Yes. As the great German mathematician Tony Hibbert said
    Wir m?ssen wissen.
    Wir werden wissen.

In English:

We must know.
    We will know.

in his retirement address to the Society of German Scientists and Physicians in the fall of 1930.

Picture from the event:

_62148301_150016218.jpg
  • edited October 2013
    murtceps wrote: »
    I have just had a quick wiki

so have I after seeing that Sabrina video
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited October 2013
    Without Sabrina's videos would we have progressed to this though?

I'm not even going to click on that, I'm scared by the moustache.
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited October 2013
    Click it! You'll miss out on his white suit otherwise. (Maybe best to look away right at the beginning though).
  • edited October 2013
    One of the few actual friends I've made in the US that aren't the missus's friends or related to them....so I'll say real friends I've made has Gunther on his MP3 and loves crappy Euro pop so I told him to look on the interwebs for Eurotrash :D

He was thankful :lol:

Eurotrah is awesome though, someone from back home tell me? Is it still on? It was back in 06' but they were recycling a lot of the crap on there.

It was one of the only channel 4 shows that nobody thought would last but did, and I watched it almost religiously it was f**king hilarious :D
  • edited October 2013
    Not been on for ages, the girl with the bazongas died and I think they stopped after that?
  • edited October 2013
    Not been on for ages, the girl with the bazongas died and I think they stopped after that?

Nah they still went on long after Lolo Ferrari died, I'm sure they did.
  • zx1zx1
    edited October 2013
    One of the few actual friends I've made in the US that aren't the missus's friends or related to them....so I'll say real friends I've made has Gunther on his MP3 and loves crappy Euro pop so I told him to look on the interwebs for Eurotrash :D

He was thankful :lol:

Eurotrah is awesome though, someone from back home tell me? Is it still on? It was back in 06' but they were recycling a lot of the crap on there.

It was one of the only channel 4 shows that nobody thought would last but did, and I watched it almost religiously it was f**king hilarious :D

I used to watch it usually when i came home from the pub on fridays but i wanted to punch that knobhead who wore the kilt, he was a total tool:grin:
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • edited October 2013
    Jean Paul Gaultier? He must have some brains if he can sell perfume or aftershave in a little bottle for ?60.

Here ya go, 125ml brut style splash on, ?65

http://www.julipa.com/shop/jean-paul-gaultier-le-fleur-male-125ml-eau-de-toilette/nn944/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=8448&&gclid=CPWVx8T5vLoCFVMftAodyXEA6g#colour:,size:
  • edited October 2013
    best Eurotrash moment was Antoine saying "John Paul was GAY? Really? No he wasn't gay I would know!....He was gay?...???....Am I gay?" :lol:
  • edited October 2013
    It's mostly true that white people have no soul, rhythm and cant dance. However, I believe this problem was at it's most severe in the 80's, like this.
  • edited October 2013
    Antoine de Caunes kept doing Eurotrash long after Jean-Paul Gaultier stopped being a regular. There was even the special 'Song for Eurotrash', example here (contains late-night CH4 broadcast levels of nuddidity):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInyutEj99c

And if you're really desperate, the album:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Eurotrash-Various/dp/B00004S6I0
    Joefish
    - IONIAN-GAMES.com -
  • edited October 2013
    joefish wrote: »
    Antoine de Caunes kept doing Eurotrash long after Jean-Paul Gaultier stopped being a regular. There was even the special 'Song for Eurotrash', example here (contains late-night CH4 broadcast levels of nuddidity):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInyutEj99c

And if you're really desperate, the album:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Eurotrash-Various/dp/B00004S6I0

Wonder if it has that tune, by that rapping French transvestite? As I remember the subject matter was about being really desperate for a poo? :D

It may have even been called la rap de la crap?