Fuse for Mac OS X 1.1.1.1 Released

edited February 2014 in Emulators
A new version of Fuse for Mac OS X has been released at the dedicated sourceforge project and shortly here on WoS:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-for-macosx/

Note that this release requires Mac OS X 10.8+

Changes since version 1.1.1:
Miscellaneous improvements:
  • Fix kernel panic resizing window during screen updates
  • Restore support for playing emulator recordings (RZX files) with no embedded snapshot
  • Restore support for competition mode emulator recordings (RZX files)
  • Fix sound loop when pausing emulator
  • Now requires Mac OS X 10.8+
Post edited by Fred on

Comments

• edited February 2014
    That's excellent; thanks very much for your work on this Fred. :)
  • edited February 2014
    Why the requirement for 10.8+? Many people (myself included) are still very happy using 10.7. Can you make the source available so that I can compile my own version for 10.7 please?
  • edited February 2014
    cmonkey wrote: »
    Why the requirement for 10.8+? Many people (myself included) are still very happy using 10.7. Can you make the source available so that I can compile my own version for 10.7 please?

The current version of Xcode has 10.8 as the minimum supported target.

The source is available at the same place the binaries are on sourceforge so please go ahead and compile a version for 10.7.

Note that 10.9 is free so you can upgrade at no cost as another choice.
  • edited February 2014
    I don't want to upgrade (or downgrade as I would call it!) as I'm not happy about Apple's convergence of iOS and OS X. I'd prefer to stick with 10.7 as that's the final version of OS X that I consider to be a true dedicated computer OS, rather than a mish-mash of computer and mobile OS.

I'll grab the source from sourceforge and compile my own version.

Cheers.
  • edited February 2014
    cmonkey wrote: »
    I don't want to upgrade (or downgrade as I would call it!) as I'm not happy about Apple's convergence of iOS and OS X. I'd prefer to stick with 10.7 as that's the final version of OS X that I consider to be a true dedicated computer OS, rather than a mish-mash of computer and mobile OS.
    /QUOTE]

TBH, I haven't noticed any noticeable difference in the way I work after upgrading from Snow Leopard to Maverick. Everything still works just the same way as before. There are "additional" features like Launchpad (that I ignore) and Save Version etc but honestly I'm struggling to recall any drastic changes that has caused me to pound my fist at the monitor helplessly. Anyway, just wanted to say that I think the "convergence" bit is a bit over-hyped and isn't such a big deal on the Mac. Now if you were using Windows 8, it would be a different story. :)
  • edited February 2014
    Arjun wrote: »
    TBH, I haven't noticed any noticeable difference in the way I work after upgrading from Snow Leopard to Maverick. Everything still works just the same way as before.
    Same here. It's very much a desktop operating system. I still use a normal keyboard, mouse and monitor, and it works great.
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks the update Fred!

@cmonkey: Strange, my impression is that most of the changes between 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) are just under the hood... I haven't tried Mavericks yet, but Mountain Lion works well for me as a desktop OS. After adjusting a few prefs it looks and works almost exactly like Snow Leopard.