ZX-Blockeditor 2.3.1 published

edited October 2014 in Emulators
Dear readers,

just want to tell you that there's an update on ZX-Blockeditor: version 2.3.1.

I made the following updates:

1. Ralf reported some problems about the visibility of selections in the memory editor of the datablock composer.

2. Bugfix: Along fixing the above mentioned visibility problem, I found the problem that wrong byte cells of the memory editor were selected when the scrollbar was not at the leftmost position.

3. As a suggestion of Ralf, I've implemented a confirmation message that warns for truncation of the edited datablock when inserting code or file contents.
The datablock composer now supports a new block type: "file content".

4. There's a new block type 'file data' that can store any file content. Needed for ZX-Assembler and friends.

You either may update with ZX-Modules updater or directly on my website.
Post edited by clausjahn on

There are no problems, only solutions (K. Flynn)

Visit my ZX-Modules homepage with lot of free programs, also VU3D-Animator!
Or visit my music-related website if you're interested in synthesizer music.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Nice one, cheers for the update Claus. :)
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks for taking my issues into account. I'm going to test it now.
  • edited October 2014
    Claus,
    Your ZX Modules utilities are my favourite tools usable for converting TZX, TAP files to +3 DOS or +D disk images. Thank you for making and publishing such great utilities. You make my life easier!

Cheers,
    Marcin
  • edited October 2014
    ikci wrote: »
    Claus,
    Your ZX Modules utilities are my favourite tools usable for converting TZX, TAP files to +3 DOS or +D disk images. Thank you for making and publishing such great utilities. You make my life easier!

Cheers,
    Marcin

Oh, thanks! Nice to hear that! That's what I intended.

• edited October 2014
    Your tools are great, and your commitment to this work is fascinating. :)
    Sorry for the slight offtopic, but are you thinking about making an emulator for spectrum?
    Theres no doubt, that this would be also a great product.
  • edited October 2014
    Pegaz wrote: »
    Your tools are great, and your commitment to this work is fascinating. :)
    Sorry for the slight offtopic, but are you thinking about making an emulator for spectrum?
    Theres no doubt, that this would be also a great product.

Sometimes, I produce useless programs as well, so an emulator, written by me, would not necessarily be a good one. :-)

Well, I all the time thought about making an emulator, that's true. Making ZX-Assembler could be seen as a first step into this direction, because of all that Z80 mnemonic handling. But an emulator is much more complex and would need many months, if not years for me to implement. And I'm sure if it is so-called usable, it would be far from those pearls like SpecEmu, Spectaculator, Fuse, ZX-Spin and many, many more. So I laid the focus on integration rather than isolation. Means, if there's a way to use the existing emulators working together with ZX-Modules, such as the "run file" options you probably know, I think this is a better way.

Making my own emulator would be nice for my eventide, he he.... ;-)