Celebrity deaths...

How about putting them all in one thread? In a sticky? As it seems to be a weekly thing at the moment? Save a bit of space and we can all do without more depressing headlines/threads everytime someone from showbiz land pops it.

Comments

• We could call it the sticky ends thread ;)
  • Disagree, I think the likes of Bowie and Wogan at least deserve their own threads, although maybe not Colin Splunge, bongo player on a Dumpy's Rusty Nuts album back in 1994.
    We could call it the sticky ends thread ;)

Arf!
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited February 2016
    Death will come to us all one day... Bowie, Wogan, Rickman, Colin Vearncombe (Black) deserve their own thread, some may not be well known as others or faded into history, but it is a sad time for friends, family and people that know of them.

And there was me thinking that Lee had another last entry to the Crap Game compo....
    Post edited by MatGubbins on
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • It would sure get more posts than the Sinclair Vega forum/thread :p
  • edited February 2016
    Celebrity Death Sweepstakes, now there is a thread idea.
    Post edited by Scottie_uk on
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • Scottie_uk wrote: »

The mortality of Nicholas Parsons is a recurring conversation at work.
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.

I'm going for Bruce Forsyth
  • David Attenborough is 90, but i don't want him to die.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    David Attenborough is 90, but i don't want him to die.

I've got him in a dead pool from ages ago. (Me neither though!)
  • Isn't The Dead Pool a Clint Eastwood movie? :D
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • There is of course a whole website dedicated to this:-

http://www.deathlist.net/?y=2016
  • I'm going for Leslie Nielsen he seems to die quite regularly!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35363394
    Post edited by Rebelstar without a cause on
  • I think individual ones are better RIP wise. not everyone has the same interests besides speccy stuff

• Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    Death will come to us all one day...

Brucie'll be next. He's at least 137 years old already.
  • Didn't David Jason die last year?
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Didn't David Jason die last year?

Nope. David Jacobs died a couple of years ago though, is that who you mean?
  • You can play celebrity syrups with that too. I'm calling Paul McCartney and Mick out
  • Brucie obviously, goes without saying
  • You can play celebrity syrups with that too. I'm calling Paul McCartney and Mick out

Toupee or not toupee, that is the question.

Yay, another crap game entry I'll never end up writing!

• macca took lennon's advice to "give hair-piece a chance"...
  • It's not a syrup but he has coloured it. Like in his song: Live and Let Dye
  • I seriously sat and stared at the bingo board for ages musing and finding it all rather (darkly) amusing... before tapping myself on the shoulder to remind myself that it wasn't 'definitely going to be one of these' and about what it actually meant I was choosing!
    (forgive me it was 3am I think !)
    Anyway I'm going for Cranky.

I 'like' seeing the celebrity deaths come up on the forum - it is interesting in my later years to remember the people I grew up watching/listening to are now getting old... and sadly leaving us.

I also find myself saying to my wife 'guess who's dead now?'

But a sticky thread would probably work well for it.

• edited February 2016
    retromad wrote: »
    I seriously sat and stared at the bingo board for ages musing and finding it all rather (darkly) amusing... before tapping myself on the shoulder to remind myself that it wasn't 'definitely going to be one of these' and about what it actually meant I was choosing!
    (forgive me it was 3am I think !)
    Anyway I'm going for Cranky.

I 'like' seeing the celebrity deaths come up on the forum - it is interesting in my later years to remember the people I grew up watching/listening to are now getting old... and sadly leaving us.

I also find myself saying to my wife 'guess who's dead now?'

But a sticky thread would probably work well for it.

Its when you have looked at it long enough that Bill Cosby almost seems to wink at you, that you know you have had enough.

I was going to add David Belamy, but then I would have to take off some of the other hopefulls eh candidates aging celebrities.

Maybe he's a good candidate that's for someone elses card. We can then at the end of the year compare to see who got the most deaths.
    Post edited by Scottie_uk on
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
    We can then at the end of the year compare to see who got the most deaths.

Well I'm goin' for Cranky - put my wife down for Paul Daniels ...

Anyone else remember when he pretended to die doing an underwater escape act on TV ? Credits went up all silent without him escaping.... traumatised me that did.

• retromad wrote: »
    Scottie_uk wrote: »

Anyone else remember when he pretended to die doing an underwater escape act on TV ? Credits went up all silent without him escaping.... traumatised me that did.
    Yeah, I remember that. Didn't he pre-record a spooky scene with with him holding an owl that was played after the credits? Maybe.

Cheeky Funster (53)
  • retromad wrote: »
    Scottie_uk wrote: »

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't he pre-record a spooky scene with with him holding an owl that was played after the credits? Maybe.
    I thought the owl was after the iron maiden death but according to youtube it isn't:

Oh, no. Every time you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
    I don’t think I have the stomach for it.
    --Raziel (Legend of Kain: Soul Reaver 2)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VincentTSFP
  • Maurice White founder of Eath Wind and Fire died today. Not another one.

It's like my record collection is cursed.

Maurice White founder of Eath Wind and Fire died today. Not another one.

It's like my record collection is cursed.

Got any Kanye?