Celebrity deaths...

Comments

• I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • At least he can now tell Laura himself...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...

• I met Ricky over the last couple of years, used to attend our church. Very sad.

• edited June 17
    Snooker legend Willie thorne (66)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53076861
    Post edited by mel the bell on
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • Wondered why he hadn't been commentating for a while, i thought he had retired.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Wondered why he hadn't been commentating for a while, i thought he had retired.
    or no snooker on?
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • lol. He had been quiet for a couple of years now.
    Does anyone know if Kim Jong-un is dead? If he was wouldn't there be a massive outbreak of public hysteria and a massive state funeral? Or is he perhaps in a coma?
    Hard to get anything out of that country.
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    lol. He had been quiet for a couple of years now.
    Does anyone know if Kim Jong-un is dead? If he was wouldn't there be a massive outbreak of public hysteria and a massive state funeral? Or is he perhaps in a coma?
    Hard to get anything out of that country.
    wernt they having a paddy yesterday with the south and blew up a building?
  • So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    103? Not a bad age
    103? Not a bad age

Aye, a decent innings.
    So far, so meh :)
    polomint wrote: »
    103? Not a bad age

Aye, a decent innings.

ill be lucky to finish half of that lol
    polomint wrote: »
    103? Not a bad age

Aye, a decent innings.

ill be lucky to finish half of that lol

I'm sure that can be arranged :p
    So far, so meh :)
    Thanked by 1mel the bell
  • Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • Ah, you beat me to this one Mel. Ian Holm, was not only Bilbo in the films he also led as Frodo in the BBC radio production for Lord of the Rings. He has kept me company on many a long commute in the past and I will never forget his voice.

Also he scared the hell out of me in Alien as the corporate b'stard simulant Ash. A nasty piece of work. ;)

RIP.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Luny wrote: »
    Ah, you beat me to this one Mel. Ian Holm, was not only Bilbo in the films he also led as Frodo in the BBC radio production for Lord of the Rings. He has kept me company on many a long commute in the past and I will never forget his voice.

Also he scared the hell out of me in Alien as the corporate b'stard simulant Ash. A nasty piece of work. ;)

RIP.
    all in all....a legend
  • Luny wrote: »
    Ian Holm
    I remember him from Existenz, Fifth Element, Naked Lunch, Brazil and of course Alien.
  • Genuinely sad about Ian Holm. He was looking pretty poorly in recent pics though - Parkinsons, I think.
    Rest In Peace, Mr Baggins....

For such an accomplished, classically-trained actor, he was in a suprising number of trashy and blockbustery movies - for which we should all be thankful!

I'll never forget him in Alien. In some ways, the showdown between Ash and Ripley is even harder to watch than the famous chest-burster scene, and was just as much of an unexpected shock on first viewing BITD.
  • edited June 19
    Damn....Was not expecting this one :(

Means any movie I watch from now on will never have Ian Holm in it....Me and my friends had a running joke that has lasted close to 30 years, and that was every time a movie with Ian Holm in was on I'd usually say "Is that Ian Holm?". Usually responded to by "I think it could be?"....

It's not like he was everywhere, and in every movie, but he'd always pop up where you'd least expect him to, and he's another one that seemed to never change.

….and yeah the scene with Ash is pretty mega, plus I don't think I've ever seen anybody else in a movie ever try to kill anybody by trying to ram rolled up technical documents (Or was it just a magazine? Been a long time since I've watched Alien) down somebodies throat :))

R.I.P. Mr. Holm
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Damn....Was not expecting this one :(

Means any movie I watch from now on will never have Ian Holm in it....Me and my friends had a running joke that has lasted close to 30 years, and that was every time a movie with Ian Holm in was on I'd usually say "Is that Ian Holm?". Usually responded to by "I think it could be?"....

It's not like he was everywhere, and in every movie, but he'd always pop up where you'd least expect him to, and he's another one that seemed to never change.

….and yeah the scene with Ash is pretty mega, plus I don't think I've ever seen anybody else in a movie ever try to kill anybody by trying to ram rolled up technical documents (Or was it just a magazine? Been a long time since I've watched Alien) down somebodies throat :))

R.I.P. Mr. Holm
    looks like a magazine

• Haha! From the pics on the wall in the background it could be a jazz mag :))
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
    Yeah, that's kind of what I meant - it was pseudo-sexually-weird in lots of obtuse ways, and very disconcerting because of it. There was a lot of that elsewhere in the movie too - deliberately, of course. And that;s not even getting started on H.R. Geiger's twisted creations!

niiiiiiiiiiiice
  • RIP Ian Holm. Brilliant actor. Hope he's having a cold brew with John Hurt and Christopher Lee up there.
  • You know, he played Ash so well, when I first saw Alien (as a teenager) he came across as someone with a stature of someone much taller and larger in build. In my mind it was never the same actor as that little guy in Brazil that played Ash. That is how convincing he was playing someone powerful.

And you are correct Boozy, he is one of those persistent and prolific actors. He was everywhere, both big and small screen.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • edited June 21
    David E Gluck (70)
    Uncredited performer in John Waters Pink Flamingos
    https://www.dead-people.com/David-E-Gluck

The singing anus
    https://moviecitynews.com/2020/06/david-e-gluck-70/
    Post edited by mel the bell on
  • Kind of scared to click that link while I’m at work, might just wait until I get home...
  • Kind of scared to click that link while I’m at work, might just wait until I get home...

Just explains glucks performance in pink flamingos in more detail lol