Celebrity deaths...

Comments

• I had a dream last night that Kylie minogue died in some kind of accident, but I can't remember exactly what. Weird
  • jp wrote: »
    Scottie_uk wrote: »
    Maurice White founder of Eath Wind and Fire died today. Not another one.

It's like my record collection is cursed.

Got any Kanye?

Ha - if it helps I'd be happy to buy up every Take That and Robbie Williams album in every charity shop in town and send them to Scottie by priority airmail.
    def chris wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that Kylie minogue died in some kind of accident, but I can't remember exactly what. Weird

Well she is the "people's princess" these days. Everyone loves her, and she can cure the sick by just wearing really tiny hotpants. Just a shame her music is more pants than hot.
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • edited February 2016
    Dave Mirra died yesterday too. I was a big fan of his when I was younger. :(
    Post edited by GreenCard on
  • He was quite young. 41 or something but I guess that's quite old for a BMXer!
  • GreenCard wrote: »

Noooooo! :O

That's just bizarre :(

Dave did become a bit of a cash cow, and a poster boy for several companies, but he was a very innovative rider, a lot of the bog standard stuff you see people doing at the cash....erm I mean X-Games was pretty much invented by him.

Remember the first time I saw a vid of him was a props video magazine that one of my mates bought back in about 1994. He tried to do an icepick stall on the ceiling rafters above the mini ramp he was on, and fell off, lucky he had a helmet on. But it was funny because even with the helmet on he'd knocked himself stupid, and the guy from props was interviewing him, and he was all dazed....Pretty funny actually. I think at that time he'd only just got his first Sponsorship, something like Vans or Airwalk?

Look at me it's amazing what somebody dying can do to your memory...
    He was quite young. 41 or something but I guess that's quite old for a BMXer!

Nah not really, Matt Hoffman has got to be pushing 60 now, and I think he still rides vert ramps.

Now that guy is a nutter! I've seen him smack his face off the side of a ramp, pick himself up and get back on his bike like nothing happened.
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • Shouldn't Clive Sinclair be on the list, he's getting on now.
  • leespoons wrote: »
    she can cure the sick by just wearing really tiny hotpants. Just a shame her music is more pants than hot.

heh,good one. nothing against Kyle but I've never 'got' any of her phases...pop,disco, when she went indie with the manics guy, semi-goth phase with nick cave (got in trouble for dissing that song the other day). surprised she never went metal, just to cross it off the list...
  • Yeah she did like to change styles - nothing wrong with that if you're David Bowie but I can't think of a really good song of hers. Can't Get You Out Of My Head was OK but if I wanted to listen to disco I'd go back in my magical time machine to the 70s.

Great videos though, not that I'm Sid the Sexist or anything.
    The comp.sys.sinclair crap games competition 2015
    "Let's not be childish. Let's play Spectrum games."
  • yeah Dave Mirras gone :(

im not a Bmxer, never even had one as a kid, mine was a **** bike lol
    But i remember the BMX games on the PSone console back in the 90s along with Tony Hawks skateboarding

ALSO Maurice White of Earth wind and fire
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • def chris wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that Kylie minogue died in some kind of accident, but I can't remember exactly what. Weird

I'd bang her solidly for a week! She has great tits! :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • 12242_-_baking_tray_large.jpg
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • beanz wrote: »
    Shouldn't Clive Sinclair be on the list, he's getting on now.

Make your own Bingo card to see if you can beat me.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • how come shane mcgowens still alive? surely thats scientifically screwed up?
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • how come shane mcgowens still alive? surely thats scientifically screwed up?

reminds me of that Bill Hicks routine about how is Keith Richards still alive... and he was doing that routine back in the 80s, lol
  • edited February 2016
    found out about two deaths from the punk scene today :(

first during my show i heard Brad Kent had died, former guitarist of Canadian punks DOA
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/joe-keithley-/brad-kent-rip_b_9161808.html

and tonight just found out Des Stanley AKA Wild Planet (Action Pact) has succumbed to cancer :(
    Monkey from talkpunk and sometimes comes into my show (also member of band riders of the night) knew him and posted the following on talkpunk
    Just got the sad news that former Action Pact guitarist and good friend Des Stanley passed away today after a long battle with cancer.
    Anybody that knew him will know what a lovely, nice and genuine fella Des was.
    Why does it always seem to happen to the good guys?
    I last saw him just before Christmas and he was looking pretty good to be honest but told me that things were on a downward spiral.
    Glad I gave him that big man-hug whilst saying goodbye now.

RIP Des.

Post edited by mel the bell on
  • just found out Tera Static died in january

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wayne-statics-widow-tera-wray-static-found-dead/

couldnt live without Wayne?
  • 'Playboy' Model And Snapchat Queen Katie May Dead At 34
    May suffered a stroke after an accident at a photoshoot, according to reports.

Katie-May-Stroke-235x240.jpg

I bet I could have got 2000-1 odds.
  • It seems some girls these days become famous just because they post busty selfies on the net.
  • GreenCard wrote: »
    Who?
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • karingal wrote: »
    GreenCard wrote: »
    Who?

BMX superstar, there was a couple of games out on playstation back in the day, bit like Tony Hawks skateboarding
  • yeah the name rang a bell but I couldn't think why... was more of a tony hawks guy than bmx on PS

suicide apparently. rip
  • Someone at work said Ray Liotta is next, apparently he's overweight and out of condition but he's not that old.
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Someone at work said Ray Liotta is next, apparently he's overweight and out of condition but he's not that old.

Nah....If you're going by that standard Val Kilmer :))
    Someone at work said Ray Liotta is next, apparently he's overweight and out of condition but he's not that old.

I was amazed when I found out he was 36 in GoodFellas. he plays himself aged about 16 for the first bit.

is it just me or has he has started to slightly resemble William shatner in recent years? (oh hang on, there's another one...)

• Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited February 2016
    Damn I feel really awful now. :(

My bingo card might have its first death.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35621313

Man I loved his show, as a kid it was the thing to look forward to on a Saturday night.
    Post edited by Scottie_uk on
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
    It seems some girls these days become famous just because they post busty selfies on the net.

I think the nets taken over from TV now...

• I think the next one may be Paul Daniels, he's been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour.
  • For all he's annoying, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy :(

Also regardless of how much he makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, there's no denying that he was a pretty good magician and entertainer in his heyday.