Retro Computers

Comments

• All I know at the moment is that the RC forums will be returning. I don't know when...
    My test signature
  • Taking their time with getting the forum back online, and the lack of updates isn't going to instill much confidence in their backers.

Some updates, and some honesty about the reasons behind the technical issues with their website would be welcome.
    My only Speccy game (so far): a simple snake clone
  • hikoki wrote: »
    Who has the backup of Dunny's work? What Nick is revenging of? These legal excuses to remain silent sound bullsheath to me :bz
    There are a few of us who have copies of the source files and there is certainly nothing in it to support NickH's allegations.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • What technical issues with the website? Apart from the forums, it should all be there?
    My test signature
    Thanked by 1Einar Saukas
  • edited June 2016
    What technical issues with the website? Apart from the forums, it should all be there?

I'm referring to the forums; 'technical issues' is just a blanket statement. It could be one issue... it could be several... it may just affect the forum... it may not... I don't know. I can't say I've tried every link on their site,
    Post edited by chriswyatt on
  • edited June 2016
    chriswyatt wrote: »
    What technical issues with the website? Apart from the forums, it should all be there?

I'm referring to the forums; 'technical issues' is just a blanket statement. It could be one issue... it could be several... it may just affect the forum... it may not... I don't know. I can't say I've tried every link on their site,

Ah - that's ok then :) As far as I know, it's only the forums that are down. It's not a technical issue. They will be back - no timescale yet....
    Post edited by Lee Fogarty on
    My test signature
  • I guess all we can do is wait, it would help to have some info from them. It does not look very professional without any kind of explanation . I have enjoyed playing on the vega and that forum was a good way of finding out about new games.
  • Not quite sure what this means...if anything, I suppose.

Photo%2013-07-2016%2017%2017%2031_zpscwnazrrg.jpg
  • Following advice from our legal and financial advisors Retro Computers Limited terminated it’s contract with Cornerstone Media International Limited more than two months ago. We would not normally comment on such matters but following the factually inaccurate statement that appears to have been released today by Cornerstone International Limited and it’s principle Mr Nick Cooper we seek to clarify the misinformation.

We cannot comment further on the factual inaccuracies as Retro Computers Limited are currently taking legal action against Media International Limited and this matter has been in the hands of our solicitors for sometime.

Retro Computers Limited 13th July, 2016
    My test signature
  • A lot of words, but not much information.
  • any news or developments?
  • ianep wrote: »
    any news or developments?

Retro Computers Ltd announced a Vega coding competition.
  • merman wrote: »
    ianep wrote: »
    any news or developments?

Retro Computers Ltd announced a Vega coding competition.
    Yeah, they would like 1000 done by September :))
  • edited August 2016
    Oh, and don't get your hopes up on getting rich on any royalties, that's already paying for the wages of an admin on here >:)
    Post edited by 1024MAK on
  • 1024MAK wrote: »
    Oh, and don't get your hopes up on getting rich on any royalties, that's already paying for the wages of an admin on here >:)

Takes a lot more than that to pay my wages. Hence WoS being full of adverts lol

My test signature
  • 1024MAK wrote: »
    1024MAK wrote: »
    Yeah, they would like 1000 done by September :))

You are George Cropper and I claim my £5.
    My test signature
  • RC are paying him? Where's mine, dammit?
  • Statement by Dr David Levy, Chairman of Retro Computers Limited

Our company, Retro Computers Limited is the developer and manufacturer of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega games consoles.

The most important thing I would like to say is that the current team at Retro Computers Ltd has been and is focusing its efforts on the completion of new and better software for its forthcoming product, the Vega+, and is
    making every effort, supported by the factory, to deliver the first production run of the Vega+ by the end of next month, as originally planned.

I would not normally comment on such matters but given that this is the third factually inaccurate statement being released to media by Paul Andrews and Chris Smith and or their associates, purporting to distance themselves from the Vega Project(s) we seek to clarify the misinformation and we are grateful for our right to reply.

Following advice from our legal and financial advisors we can also confirm that the current management at Retro Computers limited have issued legal proceedings to recover company funds that are unaccounted for whilst the
    company was under the sole financial management of Paul Andrews, as Managing Director and Chris Smith, as CTO this matter has been in the hands of our solicitors for sometime.

Background
    On April 8th 2016 two of the shareholders/directors of the company, Paul Andrews and Chris Smith, resigned as directors. Their resignation followed the revelation that they intended to attempt to raise money for the development and manufacture of a rival product, namely a retro version of the Commodore 64 computer - The64. I perceived their intentions as putting them in a conflict of interest¹s situation, contrary to Section 25 of the Companies Act 2006.

The 64 Project, which failed to reach it¹s crowdfunding target, is allegedly being produced by an almost identically named company Retro Games Limited, a company incorporated on 16th August, 2015 by Paul Andrews as it¹s
    sole director and of which Smith and Andrews are jointly 50% shareholder. At the time of its incorporation and for some eight months thereafter its address and phone number were identical to Retro Computers Limited

Since their resignation, and despite the fact that each of them remains a 25% shareholder in Retro Computers Ltd, Andrews and Smith have acted in various ways that can perhaps be best described as a campaign of non co-operation and attempted destabilisation of the company. This campaign includes the failure to hand over to the company and its new management team various important legally require company records and documents and
    technical information that are needed for smooth company operation.

Shortly after their resignations the new management team of Retro Computers Limited asked Mr Andrews and Mr Smith to explain a number of financial transactions which took place while Andrews was Managing Director of the
    company Mr Andrews and Mr Smith have both refused to provide any of this information.

The company's investigations into these financial irregularities have made considerable progress but are still ongoing, and on the advice of our lawyers we will not comment further on those matters at the present time.

I can however confirm that the current management at Retro Computers limited have issued legal proceedings to recover funds and this is a matter, which has been in the hands of our solicitors for some time.

I believe that their actions are aimed at destabilizing the company in order to make it difficult for the company to take the appropriate legal action in relation to financial irregularities.
    My test signature

• It must be a slow news day over at the BBC - "Retro computer project directors row" :-(
    I play core war and do a bit of retro programming.
    I have a few Speccy games for sale on eBay.
  • Clear update, and it seems despite the hindrance of some, retro computers are still aiming for the target dates.
    No one important.
  • edited August 2016
    impomatic wrote: »
    It must be a slow news day over at the BBC - "Retro computer project directors row" :-(

Very interesting reading. Lets hope our backing funds aren't being used to develop the C64 unit!

Will this statement also go on the RC site.

Post edited by jonesypeter on
  • impomatic wrote: »
    It must be a slow news day over at the BBC - "Retro computer project directors row" :-(

Very interesting reading. Lets hope our backing funds aren't being used to develop the C64 unit!

Done.
    My test signature
    Thanked by 1jonesypeter
  • Wow! Look what happens when you ask for news!

All very sad, thinking about the excitement of only a year ago. Then this situation. thanks for the update

I would just like to ask will the original vega be covered in the updates? That Doctor Devy talks about in his statement
  • impomatic wrote: »

Done.

Whilst your doing things, any chance of moving Vega out of 'New Game Ideas'. Seems rather a mad place to put it. Ta

• Viva las Vega
  • R.I.P. Alan Vega
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • chriswyatt wrote: »
    Viva las Vega
    impomatic wrote: »

Done.

Whilst your doing things, any chance of moving Vega out of 'New Game Ideas'. Seems rather a mad place to put it. Ta

Could someine explain why the Vega category sits where it sits?

• I don't see the point in hiding certain discussions from logged in users (Had enough Retro Computers YSRNRY). The people you are trying to hide in won't have a login and you can then see all the discussions. I've asked this a number of times, but not had an answer. Its hard enough to find stuff without this being done.
  • I think that we need this forum to discuss issues. Thanks WOS.
  • We certainly won't be censoring, editing or deleting responses.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
    Thanked by 1jonesypeter