Retro Computers

1235»

Comments

• Any one here any news? Been a bit quiet lately, any one making any new games?
  • There will be an announcement in the next few days, and a rather funky video....
    My test signature
  • There will be an announcement in the next few days, and a rather funky video....

Looking forward to it Lee
  • So what is the situation currently with the Vega plus?
  • It's like the Vega, but has a built-in screen.
  • AceGrace wrote: »
    So what is the situation currently with the Vega plus?

Lawsuits, hardware problems, unpaid royalties...
  • merman wrote: »
    AceGrace wrote: »

Don't forget the wannabe journo's joining the trolls but not mentioning their connection with them...

My test signature
  • merman wrote: »

Don't forget the wannabe journo's joining the trolls but not mentioning their connection with them...

Then you dont want to know the opinión of the Spanish scene about the Vega, right? So there may be some true parts in those critizicisms

Hopefully this crap ends son and we all get rid of these threads.
  • Ivanzx wrote: »
    merman wrote: »

Then you dont want to know the opinión of the Spanish scene about the Vega, right? So there may be some true parts in those critizicisms

Hopefully this crap ends son and we all get rid of these threads.

Opinion is fine. Writing and pretending to be a journo when linked to the ex-directors, or emailing backers and devs pretending to be a journo isn't.
    My test signature
  • Hope the plus comes soon, I am told I have one for birthday
  • 20th of Feb and onwards ok.
  • Just don't be too shocked if the company folds, and no one gets a Vega Plus. There is a lot of blind optimism and opposition to anyone who even suggests otherwise. Skepticism is very much frowned upon in these peculiar times we live in.

Best to not get your hopes up, but be pleasantly surprised if RCL get through the other side of all these legal battles.

"After 20th Feb" is essentially meaningless, and just another "update" to keep investors interested; but I get the feeling that RCL are in financial trouble, and they are probably keen for another company to buy them out and continue the project; however, with all the negativity surrounding the project (justified or otherwise), it would certainly put off potential investors.

I think they have just been buying more time with every update, and I have been thinking that for a long time.

But I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just saying I have been skeptical, and I remain skeptical, and none of the updates or videos I have seen have convinced me otherwise.
    My only Speccy game (so far): a simple snake clone
  • Guess all we can do is wait
  • There seem to be some updates and it's sounding more promising now. Might actually happen!

I'll admit to being wrong occasionally...

:)
  • Release will probably coincide with the 30y anniversary.
    What now?
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    Release will probably coincide with the 30y anniversary.

Are they going to release it 5 years ago?
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • edited February 2017
    I've never claimed mafeematicks to be my strong point! :D
    F_Clowder wrote: »
    Release will probably coincide with the 30y anniversary.

Are they going to release it 5 years ago?

And besides that, can't blame a guy for being stuck under a rock for a few years. I'm behind the times.
    Post edited by F_Clowder on
    What now?
  • For the Vega+ campaign we could put together a long list of what should have been done, and what shouldn't. It's hasn't been a great experience for backers and RCL alike. But what it has shown is we are strong, and passionate community even going through the tough experiences of the Vega+ campaign. Yeah we've moaned, bitched, and got worried by rumors some not so well meaning folks spread, but it's only made us stronger, and want a Vega+ more. You heard it here first! :D
  • Any news, gone d bit quiet.
  • ianep wrote: »
    Any news, gone d bit quiet.

That'll either be because they're so busy doing the final touches, or progress is being slowed down by having to reply to all the negative comments.
  • chriswyatt wrote: »
    ianep wrote: »
    Any news, gone d bit quiet.

That'll either be because they're so busy doing the final touches, or progress is being slowed down by having to reply to all the negative comments.

Hopefully the former then, because they aren't wasting any time replying to backers.

• Any one still posting here?