Comments

• Fingers crossed for better .TAP loading, keyboard/joystick support (perhaps via hardware mod on original Vega) and perhaps .TZX support?

Would be sweet if they could add some more games too (but I doubt it).
    My only Speccy game (so far): a simple snake clone
  • Sounds great, let's hope it is soon. Any one heard of a game called "the dark" it is a first person shooter, it looks good, but the tap.files does not even load on the PC, any one come accross this problem?
  • edited June 2016
    I managed to load the game on Speccy, Spectactulator and FUSE.

What emulator are you using?
    Have you tried downloading the .tap file again, in case it's corrupt?
    How is it not loading? Are you getting an error message? Blank screen?
    Post edited by chriswyatt on
    My only Speccy game (so far): a simple snake clone
  • Runs on Spud...
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Trying to load it on a vega, but when you click on the download key on the PC, it brings up a dialogue box with a load of random symbols on it a try this for the Russian version in exactly the same. I've tried on a number of different computers laptops and mobile apps same results. I went straight to the website of maker.any ideas?could any one give me a working link to your company. So I haven't even got as far as testing it on the vega yet!!
  • ianep wrote: »
    Trying to load it on a vega, but when you click on the download key on the PC, it brings up a dialogue box with a load of random symbols on it a try this for the Russian version in exactly the same. I've tried on a number of different computers laptops and mobile apps same results. I went straight to the website of maker.any ideas?could any one give me a working link to your company. So I haven't even got as far as testing it on the vega yet!!

It sounds like your browser is trying to display the .tap file instead of downloading it. Try right-clicking on it and selecting "Save as.."/"Save Target as...".

The version here: http://www.olegorigin.org/the_dark.html works perfectly on every Windows and Linux Emulator I've tried.

Comp.Sys.Sinclair Crap Games Competition 2017
    Everyone has a crap game inside them, let yours out!
  • Ok will give it ago
  • Yes that worked! Thanks
  • My Vega has only been out of the box to look at it, nowadays if something isn't plug & play it stays in the box, or shop, I bought a add on sound system for my tv about 3 years ago, after looking at the instructions, it went into the attic till I get round to it, I still have two answerphones which have never left their boxes. I hate technology !
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • Try getting out of the box, you will have some speccy fun!

• I have enough of the real thing, I think I have too many actually
    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • Yes I have a few knocking about, including a 48k running a timex Sinclair 2040 printer on my desk at school!!!

But the vega is nice and compact, mine sits under my PS4, it probably gets more use! Try setting it up!
  • edited September 2016
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks for posting the link :-)

Mark
    Post edited by 1024MAK on
  • Very interesting, will there be any updates for the first vega, I wonder?
  • Cool! Nuff sed!
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Very quiet here, any news?
  • Very cool!
    No one important.
  • Thanks for that I should check the website more often. Any idea how much it will cost? And any idea if the old forum will be reopened? Sorry lots of questions there
  • Some more info on retro computers website
  • Pretty glad I didn't back it. Looks like there is going to be a lot of **** off people.
  • http://retrocomputerslimited.com/2016/12/14/vega-production-and-overview-2016/

I don't think there's any denying that the delays, and many problems faced by RCL since the originally planned September launch, have been disappointing - but it does look brilliant and, when it finally arrives in store, I'll still want one. :)
    Myke-P
  • It will appear but the main problems are mainly caused by the trolling ex-directors who have been causing trouble from the start.
    The sad thing is it will put off any future projects of this nature and the only real losers will be us, the fans.
  • Really? Is it all about trolling?

What about a delay caused by buttons that children apparently discovered so late in the day?

The whole thing looks like a scam to me at this point.

Still if it ever hits retail shops I will buy one.
  • 95% of it is about trolling and legal stuff thrown at RCL, all of which appears have been proven unfounded. RCL spent so much time and money fighting the legals that it inevitably delayed production.
    Yes, finding the button issue was a pain and caused yet another delay (not sure it was found by children, though happy to be proved wrong on that one). but if you're like me then you'd prefer a slight delay to ensure they get it right.
    It WILL happen, people have handled and used a Vega+, those people include the Oliver Twins who were very enthusiastic about!

The lack of communication is quite clearly disappointing, especially when this campaign has not run as smoothly as the previous. Hopefully RCL will learn lessons from this and improve next time.
  • Yes, they will deliver it one day. In 2016 it's not rocket science. It's just a handheld console emulating 35 years old computer. Such things exist for at least 15 years. They failed to meet several deadlines, they failed to deliver on Christmas, they were bad at communication but eventually they'll do it.

I guess it will be a bitter satisfaction for many people but just let's close this case and move on.

• It will appear but the main problems are mainly caused by the trolling ex-directors who have been causing trouble from the start.
    The sad thing is it will put off any future projects of this nature and the only real losers will be us, the fans.

The Spectrum fans have a wonderful scene with amazing games coming out every month, a lot of shared knowledge, wonderful machines like the ZX-UNO and the real Spectrums (lets not forget about that), and lots of fans around the world who put Stone by Stone what is a unbelievable amount of resources for the machine. You know, we were happy before the Vega, so it is not a tragedy ;)

• Any up dates on the release of the vega plus?