New game: Sam Mallard - The Case of the Missing Swan

13»

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I fired up this cassette from Monument last night and completed it.

I seem to be the only person but I got stuck in trying to find the key. Once I'd discovered the solution I think it was unfair (see spoiler). I'd echo the other comments in this thread - brilliant graphics, atmosphere and story. The ending came quite abruptly.

Great game that left me wanting more.

Spoiler:

Post edited by R-Tape on
  • Spoiler:

Glad you enjoyed it otherwise! :) Swell that you got the game on tape from Monument as well, Graz did a really good job!
    Thanked by 1Graz
  • R-Tape wrote: »
    I seem to be the only person but I got stuck in trying to find the key. Once I'd discovered the solution I think it was unfair (see spoiler).

I agree. It was a somewhat unfair puzzle in an otherwise brilliant game. Here's my suggestion to fix this issue:
    Spoiler:

Also if you are willing to release a new improved version, please don't forget the napkin idea also! :)
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • edited June 2017
    R-Tape wrote: »
    I seem to be the only person but I got stuck in trying to find the key. Once I'd discovered the solution I think it was unfair (see spoiler).

I agree. It was a somewhat unfair puzzle in an otherwise brilliant game. Here's my suggestion to fix this issue:
    Spoiler:

Also if you are willing to release a new improved version, please don't forget the napkin idea also! :)

Agree with your suggestion. I thought it was an unfair puzzle too. I'm pretty OCD, so I do usually repeat talk/read actions more than once, just in case. Panzer Dragoon Saga is a classic example, where pretty much every character you talk to says something different the 2nd time round. It's probably thanks to PDS that I developed this habit.
    Post edited by chriswyatt on
    My only Speccy game (so far): a simple snake clone
  • A bit cheeky yes, but unfair? No, not in my opinion.
    Spoiler:
  • However...
    Spoiler:
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • Spoiler:

If there'll be a new adventure in the future, having a few playtesters would surely help. :)
  • edited July 2017

:::
    Post edited by Graz on
  • Graz wrote: »
    The painting is where I got stuck as well, but I loved the fact that you needed to **SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***. It made me gleam with joy! "Ooooh, ya bugger" I thought! A great puzzle.

• Unfair? I forget which game it was but what really **** me off was something like "you see a shoot" and later "Theres another shoot" and eventually your success or failure came from jumping off a cliff and saving your life by "use your parachute." (pair of shoots) Stuff like that put me right off text adventures.
  • mik3d3nch wrote: »
    Unfair? I forget which game it was but what really **** me off was something like "you see a shoot" and later "Theres another shoot" and eventually your success or failure came from jumping off a cliff and saving your life by "use your parachute." (pair of shoots) Stuff like that put me right off text adventures.

Haha..! That's almost as obscure as the inn puzzle in Claws of Despair :P