Fuse 1.3.0 released

A new release of Fuse, the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator, is now available at the SourceForge project:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-emulator/

Highlights of this release include:
  • Recreated ZX Spectrum Bluetooth keyboard support
  • Reset the emulated machine when auto-loading TRD/SCL disks
  • Update the +3e ROMs to v1.43
  • WidgetUI: Add an About Fuse dialog with less cluttered text
  • Print a summary of enabled features when building Fuse

Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this release, and in particular thanks to Ekkehard Morgenstern and Alberto Garcia for their contributions. Source code and binaries for Windows are currently available on the SourceForge site; compiled binaries for various other platforms should become available in the next few days.

Comments

• Brilliant, thanks everyone! Really digging the more regular releases. :)
  • Fred wrote: »
    [*] Reset the emulated machine when auto-loading TRD/SCL disks
    Tried this. but seems I need commandline parameter --no-auto-load instead of the expected --auto-load
    to get Fuse going without the need to press F5 for a manual reset ?!
  • Can you give a step-by-step guide of what you are doing and what you are expecting? The auto-load only has the effect of auto-creating a boot.b file on a TRD/SCL disk and hasn't changed this release. The new change is under the --beta128-48boot option.
  • Luzie wrote: »
    Fred wrote: »
    [*] Reset the emulated machine when auto-loading TRD/SCL disks
    Tried this. but seems I need commandline parameter --no-auto-load instead of the expected --auto-load
    to get Fuse going without the need to press F5 for a manual reset ?!

Hi Luzie. I suspect you are referring the same case reported here:
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/discussion/comment/871847/#Comment_871847

When auto-loading a tape with --tape option, a machine without betadisk interface is used. You still need the --no-auto-load option to disable the auto-loading of *tapes*. It's the only way to keep the current hardware.

The bug fix you have quoted resets the machine when auto-loading *disks*. Previously the AY registers where not cleared and noise from the previous game could be audible.
  • Still no "Recent files" and remember latest used folder?
  • I can not set PC cursor keys for joystick emulation :-(
  • How can we activated Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard in this version of Win Fuse ? Really are we talking about Layer A mode?
  • Pavero wrote: »
    How can we activated Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard in this version of Win Fuse ? Really are we talking about Layer A mode?

Just go to General Options in the menu and select Recreated Spectrum. Yes, Layer A mode.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Pavero wrote: »
    How can we activated Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard in this version of Win Fuse ? Really are we talking about Layer A mode?

Just go to General Options in the menu and select Recreated Spectrum. Yes, Layer A mode.

Great, it wokrs perfectly. :)

• edited October 2016
    I compiled it for desktop linux using-sdl

when I try to start it from command line it says it cant find fuse.font
    when I go into the /usr/bin folder and click on fuse-sdl it says it cant find the 48.rom and exits, so I dont get to even tell it where the rom file is

It seems to look for both of those files from where you execute fuse-sdl instead of looking in usr/share
    Post edited by slenkar on