Rompetechos

Hi,

At last, I've finished my "many-years-to-be-ready" Basic Game, based on a spanish comic character, called Rompetechos, created by Francisco Ibáñez (the author of Mortadelo & Filemón)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2f7WOOMN7DgV3pPa0FZX3lBb2M/view?usp=sharing

The aim of the game is to avoid a fine from Treasury, sending today a letter with some docs. He has only two hours to do the task, putting the letter into a mailbox, stamped, of course. But Rompetechos lost the letter somewhere, so he must find it first. Once found, he needs a stamp, so the seeking starts again.

The letter can be anywhere inside the buildings (even into dark places... ) or means of transport, and the stamp can be found only in any furniture.

The controls are very simple, left & right, and action, this means check the time, examine things, enter/go out places, go up/down stairs, talk, change to other street...

The game is very easy, it was developed for my children (8 & 4), that asked me for a game including the places they know along their lifes. But I am sure that you will enjoy playing it until you find all secrets inside.

About programming, we authors can talk ages about our code, but let me summarize: for me, the goal in a basic game is a sensitive response of the keyboard. Sprites speed is also important.

Comments, questions, criticisms, etc. are welcome.

Comments

• A really cute game! Love the graphics and the charm of exploring.

Well done, mate!

PS: Rompetechos is one of my fave comic characters ever!
  • edited November 2016
    Screenshot needed!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n608/daveyboyhughes/rompscr_zpsvadttgb0.gif

Great graphics, storyline and it plays well. Quite a large map too. Full of nice touches. A great game in its own right but this has to be the best BASIC game I've seen.

Well done.

So Mr Magoo is like the Spanish Rompetechos?
    Post edited by R-Tape on
  • Incredibly impressive as for a Basic game!

Now what are you supposed to do? ;)
  • Thank you very much for your comments!

Juan Ramirez, glad you liked it!

R-Tape, yes, Rompetechos feature is his shortness of sight, that puts him in continuous trouble with everybody. Hilarious comics, indeed.

Ralf, in the opening post you have the mission, ask me if you have doubts about how to play.
  • That is an excellent little BASIC game, :) Wish I knew how to play it though lol
    So far, so meh :)
  • This is really cool and it's in BASIC wow! So far I've figured out you are looking for a letter. Try not insult the policeman too much or you get a slap. Use the action key to talk or go into doors. Also look for arrows on the ground and press action key to go elsewhere
  • edited November 2016
    You're right, ivanb303.

Perhaps the instructions I wrote are not clear enough, let me clarify:

-First, you have to look for the letter and pick it up. It can be everywhere (except in the streets), so Rompetechos must enter inside everywhere. The letter could be seen easily, it will be on the floor.

-Then, Rompetechos must look for a stamp. The stamp will be hidden in one of the shelves or tables, but he can´t see it, so he must check all the shelves/tables there are inside the different places. Only after having the letter he is able to touch and detect the stamp.

-Finally, with the letter stamped, he must look for a mailbox and put the letter inside. If the time is before 4 pm, the mission is completed.

If any of you gives up, I can tell you some tricks...
    Post edited by IvanBasic on
  • Nice!! I got a comic book signed by the author of Rompetechos recently :)
    This deserves a .tap version with loading screen
  • I must be on the right forum there are at least 3 Ivan's here :)
  • Congratulations. It's a great game. Very nice and fast.
  • ivanb303 wrote: »
    I must be on the right forum there are at least 3 Ivan's here :)

Indeed! Here another Ivan :D
    By the way, I am enjoying the game, and I have sent you a private message ;)

Te he mandado un mensaje privado por aquí ;)
    Enhorabuena por el juego!
  • hikoki wrote: »
    Nice!! I got a comic book signed by the author of Rompetechos recently :)
    This deserves a .tap version with loading screen

Here you are... I have not much time, so the screen was made with Spectra.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2f7WOOMN7DgRzZMSnhRZEU1MVE/view?usp=sharing

Hope it works!
    Thanked by 1hikoki
  • edited December 2016
    I would like to receive some feedback about the game once fully tested, like bugs, improvements, the plot, or whatever...

Could anyone finish it? I am sure yes, but was it using the shortcut...?

Or there is someone that can not finish the tasks?
    Post edited by IvanBasic on
  • ¡Wow! I am playing it and just found mailbox, only need to find the lost letter. The graphics are incredible!!!
  • ¿Will you make a spanish version? ¿And TAP?
  • I am Spanish, so my first version IS in Spanish. I will share it soon, and in .TAP, with pleasure!

The English version was made to share the game here in WoS... so everybody can now understand the "english" used in the game... Any improvement in the expressions in the game are welcome!

• edited December 2016
    I want physical version, PLEASE!

Contact with STAR (www.matranet.net), he will do all the work for you and you will receive some money too.
    Post edited by radastan on
  • radastan wrote: »
    I want physical version, PLEASE!

Contact with STAR (www.matranet.net), he will do all the work for you and you will receive some money too.

I wouldn´t... I am not the owner of Rompetechos character, so I can not use it to earn money.
    ¿Will you make a spanish version? ¿And TAP?

Aquí está el .TAP con el juego en español:
    .TAP of spanish version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2f7WOOMN7DgS3M4aVB5VU1BRHc/view?usp=sharing

Al igual que la versión en inglés, se debe cargar en Modo 48K, ya que en 128K hay un problema de pisado de los gráficos, y se corrompen algunos.
    Both .TAP (english & spanish) must be loaded in 48K mode, since in 128K some graphics result corrupted.
  • Argh! I can't find letter!!!
    I will try again tonight.

Just a Bug?, Police appears on car streets, would be better if can't.

I love this game!
  • Amazing game! In básic! Chappooo, I have a project to show the Spanish homebrew scene, can I use your game?
    This is the future project (sorry only in spanish)
    consolaviejuna.com/2016/10/18/un-nuevo-proyecto-cliente-retro-web/
    Argh! I can't find letter!!!
    I will try again tonight.

Just a Bug?, Police appears on car streets, would be better if can't.

I love this game!

Nice to see you're enjoying it!!! I thought the game was very easy, but glad to see that is somehow funny for many of you... Thank you!

Cars can hit Rompetechos, but would you hit a policeman that stays in the middle of the street...? I decided not to remove the policeman from the road, and put him in the middle in some screens; but I removed him from the flats (I think he shouldn't invade other's home...)

Have you entered everywhere? Even in the dark places, palpating in every single step into the dark...?

Have you gone at the very end of the sewers?

Have you visited ALL subway wagons? And ships? The two flats...?

In any case, if you want a shortcut to take the letter, go to the classroom...
  • In abalorium shop the girl ask me to go to the end of the shop... and I appear on classroom!!! But I can't find anything here.
  • I just found letter for first time in the end of sewers!!!

Next game I will win...
    In abalorium shop the girl ask me to go to the end of the shop... and I appear on classroom!!! But I can't find anything here.

Well, that is the shortcut TO GO TO the classroom.

The shortcut to OBTAIN the letter is the blackboard, have you written on it...? ...the right statement...?

• Amazing game! In básic! Chappooo, I have a project to show the Spanish homebrew scene, can I use your game?
    This is the future project (sorry only in spanish)
    consolaviejuna.com/2016/10/18/un-nuevo-proyecto-cliente-retro-web/

No veo por qué no! Si quieres hablamos por privado sobre los requisitos y demás, pero no veo inconveniente.
  • Found the letter, sketching out a map to finish another day.
  • IvanBasic wrote: »
    The shortcut to OBTAIN the letter is the blackboard, have you written on it...? ...the right statement...?

I push space on every space ocuped with blackboard and nothing appear.

No problem at all, I want to end the game normally without tricks.
  • Very funny Mr Ivan Vasic. Don't mess around with this yugoslavian author, he'll make you work hard for him like a slave for no use in the end, the more you ask him for clues the more bloody slaps and fake leads you'll take from them.. and if you ask him to see his db schema he'll kick you on the balls as he seems to enjoy saddo. Don't ask him for another loading screen or we may get an even uglier one. Lol I really feel like an Ibañez puppet taking all kind of blows, kicks, thumps, bites and bangs. Don't talk with bobbies! Don't go down to the sewers! you'll just find the Cenobites down there, don't write anyhing on the blackboard! Just let yourself taking more and more slaps to the death, only then the F sceneries may change of place/colour. Welcome to Bellograd and thanks? for the game, Mr Vasic
  • I thought somebody would like to have a free-printable tape inlay for your self-made physical copies. I made two inlays, each one in different language with Spanish and English instructions. For fans only.

You're welcome!

Dropbox (Rompetechos inlays)
    Thanked by 1IvanBasic