New Game: Code Zero

My new game is finally out.
Lots of walking about, picking up keys, opening doors and generally saving the World... again...
Details and download

Comments

  • Trying it now, I'm even slow loading it, :D
    So far, so meh :)
  • I like this, the animation of your character is nice. Just a matter of maybe mapping a little so that I can find the cards in the correct order, :D

    Very nice Paul, :D :D :D
    So far, so meh :)
  • Bug report:
    lift up to floor 4, climb the ladder and I could walk through the left cyan wall.
    The file cabinet stopped me going any further.

    Need to do a map, with all those keycodes on the doors.....
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

    Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    Bug report:
    lift up to floor 4, climb the ladder and I could walk through the left cyan wall.
    The file cabinet stopped me going any further.

    Need to do a map, with all those keycodes on the doors.....

    Yep, same thing happens here.
    So far, so meh :)
  • Nice to see AGD's 16x24 sprites being used sometimes. Malcolm's Zombo game was the first to employ them to my knowledge, then I did it in Seto Taisho Vs Yokai - where I combined two of them for Seto's spear animation and six of them for the second end-of-level boss.

    I like the general style of the game - it is the closest I have seen to this date to a Pyjamarama-like title authored with AGD - and the lift connecting floors is a welcome novelty. Maybe with some more objects to use and puzzles to solve it could have been even better.
  • Played & finished it!

    Classic and excellent Paul Jenkinson production, with much to explore, cards to collect, baddies and general hazards ready to quickly get rid of your precious precious life.

    Thumbs up! The only thing I did not like so much is that (unlike in Kyd Cadet) doors are not numbered so there is some legwork to do!

    Keep making games, you are my (and I suspect many) fav ZX dev!
  • edited March 2017
    MAP, if you need it
    Spoiler:
    Post edited by MatGubbins on
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

    Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • ffs, you've just spoiled it Mat!

    Couldn't you have waited a little, or spoiler'd it, :/

    Thanks anyway, :/
    So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    ffs, you've just spoiled it Mat!

    Couldn't you have waited a little, or spoiler'd it, :/

    Thanks anyway, :/
    sorry polo, I did have it spoiler'd first but it didn't work properly when trying to click on it. Re done it with links all done.
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

    Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    polomint wrote: »
    ffs, you've just spoiled it Mat!

    Couldn't you have waited a little, or spoiler'd it, :/

    Thanks anyway, :/
    sorry polo, I did have it spoiler'd first but it didn't work properly when trying to click on it. Re done it with links all done.

    Ta fella, :)
    So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    Ta fella, :)

    I'm not English speaker. Is it "ta" short version of "thanks" ?

    Heavy on the disasm
  • wow, lovely!!! Very nice job!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Bedazzle wrote: »
    polomint wrote: »
    Ta fella, :)

    I'm not English speaker. Is it "ta" short version of "thanks" ?

    Yes it is !

    Every time I read that the oldest person in the world has died, I have to do a quick check to see it isn't ME..........
  • If you want to play with Sinclair joystick - press '3'.
    ZX Spectrum +2 & PicoDiv SD,
    Timex 2048 & divIDE 57c
  • A very beautiful game.
    ZX81/ZX Spectrum/Amiga/Atari music: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/
  • edited April 2017
    Nice game.

    Small fix possible: at the lift screen you can see "SPACE TO EXIT" text. But it's actually fire button required, not space. Space works when you choose keyboard but not when you choose joystick.
    Post edited by Ralf on
  • CRONOSOFT RELEASE PLEASE! :D
  • New version released to fix the 'walking through wall' bug mentioned. Same download link. To check which version you have, the txt file will say v1.1 if it's the new one.
  • Nice game.

    Prowling, keys, lifts... who needs more? :-bd
  • Thanks for the update,
    Small bugs.
    Pressing left/right within the lift screen produces the walking sound.

    Climbing half way up a ladder then pressing right (slowly) will float our hero. He will fall down once out of the range of the ladder.

    Noticed that the timer does not go down when staying within one room, it goes down when moving from room to room/lift.

    For fun...
    up to level 2 or 3, and enter the lift, press and hold right and space (together) for a groovy tune!

    To eek out a bit more life from the game, would it be possible to have the keys and door number move around upon the start of each new game.

    Brilliant graphics and gameplay. Thank you!
    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

    Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
  • There is only 1.7k left in AGD - so not much chance of making any large scale changes :-) I was really using every last bit of memory here!

    Walking sound in lift.. yeah you can say two things... the bloke is walking in the lift.. or... the bloke is hiding behind black ink / black paper on the screen as a trick to get around a technical issue... I would say he's in the lift ;-)

    Can't help with floating ladders.. it's AGD doing that!

    Thanks for giving the game a good seeing to though.. maybe you can be a play-tester for my new games :-)
  • MatGubbins wrote: »
    Thanks for the update,
    Small bugs.
    Pressing left/right within the lift screen produces the walking sound.

    Climbing half way up a ladder then pressing right (slowly) will float our hero. He will fall down once out of the range of the ladder.

    Noticed that the timer does not go down when staying within one room, it goes down when moving from room to room/lift.

    For fun...
    up to level 2 or 3, and enter the lift, press and hold right and space (together) for a groovy tune!

    To eek out a bit more life from the game, would it be possible to have the keys and door number move around upon the start of each new game.

    Brilliant graphics and gameplay. Thank you!

  • Very smooth game, thank you, how about a FPS doom style?
  • Looks great - I'm always impressed by your graphics Paul, they look way more stylish than mine.
  • The graphics on this game are really nice.
  • Pavero has uploaded the game map to his site, please see this posting for the map Thank you Pavero for hosting the map.


    I am from that generation, when Pluto was still a planet, and the Earth is round.

    Bomb Munchies on WOS thread
    Bomb Munchies Ver1930 17th Nov 2017 (look for the blue download box ) If you get a time-out message and live in the UK then try after 9pm-3am.
    Send me a PM and I can email it to you too. Kent, UK
Sign In or Register to comment.