9-Game Set with New ZX Spectrum

edited October 2004 in Games
Can anyone tell me which games were in the 9-Game set that was sold in Europe with the ZX Spectrum 48k. I know there were Psion (Flight Simulation, ???), Ultimate (Jetpac, Cookie, Pssst) and some others like Backgammon and Reversi, but I am not 100% sure. Was there also Horizons in the set or not ?

Best regards,
Tomaz
Post edited by Tom-Cat on

Comments

• edited September 2004
    Was it Psion Flight Simulation or Chess as part of the package?
  • edited September 2004
    You're going to hate me for this...
    I don't remember any 9 game set. What I do remember are 2 slightly different 6 game sets - one for the rubber key Spectrum & one for the Plus. As far as I recall, horizons was still packaged with rubbery & the Plus was packaged with the Spectrum Plus companion tape in addition to the 6 packs. As for what was in them, well Survival, Make-a-Chip & Tasword 2 all ring bells.
  • edited September 2004
    my first speccy (48k+) came with

Horace Goes Skiing
    Make a Chip
    Survival
    Planetoids
    View 3d (vu3d?)
    Scrabble (yes you will accept xjusabqz)
    Tasword 2

and probably some others.

Not bad, but I got lucky with my next one which came with 110 games from Dixons. Albeit most were cack (apart from Angleball which was class).
  • edited September 2004
    The package most people got, with the rubber key speccy and plus was:

Horace Goes Skiing
    Chess
    Survival
    Make a Chip
    Scrabble
    Chequered Flag

• jiljil
    edited September 2004
    I can't remember exactly which shop I bought my Speccy + from in Summer '85 (possibly Dixons or a local computer shop?) - but I can still accurately remember (after a little thought) almost exactly which games I got bundled with it because they were all I had to play with for the first week or so! :D

As well as the usual Speccy + User 'Goldstar' tape, I got 6 games/utilities, all 'small boxed' in my instance, and they were as follows...

Horace Goes Skiing
    Adventure C: Ship Of Doom
    Chess
    Reversi
    Vu-calc
    ...and one other that's on the tip of my tongue (gah! :mad:)...

However, my grandparents also bought a Speccy + fairly soon after I did. They got some different games bundled, and it seems a few more than the six I got. I do remember they certainly included...

Planetoids
    Backgammon
    Vu-3D
    Chequered Flag
    ...as well as the bigger boxed...
    Scrabble
    Survival
    Make A Chip :roll:
    (I think they had a couple of others identical to my selection too, like Chess)

I'm pretty sure these all came bundled with their Spectrum because they never actually bought any separate games for it.
    I can remember what these were as it was all I had to play when I went to visit (eventually I started to take my own Speccy games over with me).
    They'd bought their Speccy to learn French on and boring educational things :p - it was rarely used and stayed in mint condition under a dust cover for years.

[ This Message was edited by: jil on 2004-09-26 11:12 ]
  • edited September 2004
    It does seem the particular 9-tape set was only sold in Europe (maybe only in Germany/Austria) - since none of you from UK or other countries remember it.
    I remember the set being for sale on EBAY not so long ago, but I cannot find it anymore :((( I searched for over 2 hours. it was in pristine condition and still in its original package (the 9 tapes neatly layed out in 3x3 fashion in a black cardboard border.

Now I am 100% it had the following tapes :

Jetpac
    Pssst
    Cookie
    Backgammon
    Reversi
    Flight Simulation
    Chequered Flag
    Chess

But I am not 100% sure whether the 9th tape was actually Horizons or was it something else ???

Any of this rings any bells ?

Best regards,
    Tomaz
  • edited September 2004
    Hi Tomaz!

I live in Belgium and I bought my 48k Speccy second hand in 1985. It came with the Horizons tape (original one) and copied versions on C-15 tapes of all the games you have just mentioned. The ones I got had photocopied inlays, so I am pretty sure the guy I bought my Speccy from had got them when he originally bought it in 1983 or something from Sinclair's Belgian importer in Brussels, Drion. He probably wanted to keep the original versions for himself. The bast!

Therefore, I am pretty sure the ninth tape must have been Horizons.

Regards,
  • edited September 2004
    The Game pack I got with my Rubber Keyed Speccy was:

Psion Flight Simulator
    Make A Chip
    Survival
    Chequered Flag
    Scrabble
    Horace Goes Skiing

Horizons came with the computer itself, so that doesn't count.
  • edited September 2004
    I'm buggered if i can remember what games came with mine ......although i do know most / all of the above did come with it at some point :) and i know i got horizons with mine :)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited September 2004
    Pascal (and everyone else) thanx for that info!

I have a friend who has the Speccy (which isn't working) with exactly those 9 tapes, so it will be fun if I get hem. Sweet.

Best regards,
    Tomaz
  • edited October 2004
    My Speccy + came with the goldstar tape, and the Sega Coinop Collection (Spy Hunter, Zazzon, Tapper and Buck Rogers). A kind friend donated Beach Head and Daley Thompson's Decathlon.

Was a great christmas.
  • edited October 2004
    I got Disco Dan, Punchy, Oh Mummy, Treasure Island, Crazy Golf and ummmmm .... can't remember the others. I'm sure there were a few more! :)
  • edited October 2004
    I Got with my spectrum 48 + 128 from Allders dep store ,it came with
    Daley Thompson's Supertest & The Never Ending Story)