ZX-Paintbrush 2.6.4 and ZX-Blockeditor 2.4.3 published today

Dear readers,

today, I have published both programs to current version. Refer to my website's change histories to check out what has changed.

Visit my website at: http://www.zx-modules.de

Have fun!

Claus.

There are no problems, only solutions (K. Flynn)

Visit my ZX-Modules homepage with lot of free programs, also VU3D-Animator!
Or visit my music-related website if you're interested in synthesizer music.

Comments

• Thank you Claus!
    Robin Verhagen-Guest
    SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
    NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
  • Downloading... thanks for continuing to fine tune this Claus!... :)
  • @clausjahn Thanks for the update. I thought I read sometime ago that you were not going to update your programs anymore. I'm obviously pleased you changed your mind.
  • Thank you!!!
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • @clausjahn Thanks for the update. I thought I read sometime ago that you were not going to update your programs anymore. I'm obviously pleased you changed your mind.

It's true, and I made a one-year pause. But after all it still makes some fun programming. Anyway, I'm continuing the programs of interest, and I always try to destress the programming activities.

• Thanks for you effort, Claus.
    Is there any list of recent changes? I couldn't find it anywhere.
  • Thank you for your tool.
    I do not use it in full power, but all sprites I already did came from ZXPB!
    Heavy on the disasm
  • Ralf wrote: »
    Thanks for you effort, Claus.
    Is there any list of recent changes? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I should have put the change history on my download page, at
    http://www.zx-modules.de
    and then in the corresponding app sub-page

• Thanks for updating them.
  • Bedazzle wrote: »
    I do not use it in full power, but all sprites I already did came from ZXPB!

Me too!

Robin Verhagen-Guest
  • edited August 2017
    Hi Claus,

I just realized that ZX-Paintbrush doesn't recognize bicolor file format IFL, although it already supports editing bicolor screens. Apparently this is the most common file format for multicolor 8x2 screens and it should be trivial for you to support it. Could you please consider it for the next version of ZX-Paintbrush?

You can find examples of IFL files in the games listed in this page:

http://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.php?cat=96&id=30001

Thank you!
    Post edited by Einar Saukas on
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • ZX_Paintbrush 2.6.4 can already read IFL files in the file open dialog, and can open them if you manually register the file extension.

I add my vote for the ability to save them too!
    Robin Verhagen-Guest
  • I will check what's going wrong there. Especially for the scrren files, saving to disk should be possible when reading works. Perhaps a dirty bug here...

• Thank you!
  • edited August 2017
    You can save an existing .IFL file, including any edits made, after opening one. The save dialog has an option for Improved FLT Screen Files (*.ifli; *.ifl).

You can also paste the contents of, for example, an 8x2 .ZXP file into an .IFL file, and save the new contents*.

You can even paste the contents of an .IFL file into an 8x2 .ZXP file. But the save dialog then doesn't have the option for Improved FLT Screen Files (*.ifli; *.ifl). It seems like that option only appears for files that are already .IFL format.

I think this is really the only broken part, apart from possibly a missing file extension registration during install.

*This is the workaround, for now. Keep an empty .IFL file lying round, paste into it, and resave with a new name.
    Post edited by colonel32 on
    Robin Verhagen-Guest
  • Further observation, @clausjahn: I was able to save a Timex hicolor TEST1.SCR as TEST1.IFL.

If restarted ZX-Paintbrush, opened that same TEST1.SCR file, saved it as TEST1,ZXP, I could save it as TEST2.IFL.

Then I restarted ZX-Paintbrush, opened TEST1.ZXP, and I no longer had the option to save Improved FLT Screen Files (*.ifli; *.ifl).
    Robin Verhagen-Guest
  • I just tried to download ZX-Paintbrush, but nothing happens - is the link dead now?
  • cnewbyuk wrote: »
    I just tried to download ZX-Paintbrush, but nothing happens - is the link dead now?

As long as you go directly via my homepage at
    http://www.zx-modules.de

You should be able to download. The link worked on my last test

• cnewbyuk wrote: »
    I just tried to download ZX-Paintbrush, but nothing happens - is the link dead now?

Are you accessing the site, and problem is only with download? I faced this because download is a little tricky to find.
    Heavy on the disasm
  • Bedazzle wrote: »
    cnewbyuk wrote: »

Are you accessing the site, and problem is only with download? I faced this because download is a little tricky to find.

Yeah. I click on the For free download click here (http://www.zx-modules.de/zxpaintbrush/zxpaintbrush.html#Download), and nothing happens.
  • edited September 2017
    The download link is actually here, @cnewbyuk. It is a little tricky, as @Bedazzle says.

zx-paintbrush.png?dl=1
    Post edited by colonel32 on
    Robin Verhagen-Guest
  • LOL!!!!!
    It's not tricky, it's just me being a muppet (not sure which one):-.

344772_3733021_i.jpg

Thanks a million, guys. Before I download the software, I'm going to book a brain transplant. lol :)) =))