Database model **** (cont.)

Yet another **** update is available here!

This latest update contains information about another game release and a few missing screenshots. Enjoy!

NOTE: I had to start a new thread for this update, because the original thread is now closed. What did happen?
Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
Thanked by 2MatGubbins 1024MAK

Comments

• Cool. **** is censored?
  • Just. Wow.
  • Does it work if I spell it as Z.X.D.B.?
    Creator of ZXDB, BIFROST/NIRVANA, ZX7/RCS, etc. I don't frequent this forum anymore, please look for me elsewhere.
  • OK, so the obvious follow-up question is... Why???
  • Unbelievable.

Before firing up, let´s let Lee or whoever give an explanation of what is going on.
  • edited November 2017
    The Spectrum computing thread also appears to be closed? Any connection?
    Post edited by Morkin on
  • This is just ridiculous. I can't wait to hear the reasons for this: are the current moderators so sensitive to "competition" that they're going to censor any mention of a perceived rival?

Mods: please tell us, what rules have been broken?
  • What the **** is with these ****? ;)

Okay, actually I'm afraid that I know. It's some ridiculous censorship :(

People, maybe it's time to make a new forum at Spectrum Computing? I have the feeling that this project is not welcomed here. Personally I would join it and post regularly, even if tired after exhausting day to keep it moving.
  • edited November 2017
    There's already a new forum there. But I wouldn't believe that anyone would close threads because of this, it's not like there aren't already a bunch of Spectrum sites around the world.

[Edit: it doesn't even let me link it(!)]
    Post edited by Morkin on
  • Yes, it seems ****.co.uk added a forum a few days ago. Quite a few of the usual crowd have already started posting there.
    spectrumcomputing.co.uk/forums
  • Now this really is ridiculous. My post was autocensored to block out ****.co.uk.
  • Yes, it seems ****.co.uk added a forum a few days ago
    Great !
  • Morkin wrote: »
    There's already a new forum there. But I wouldn't believe that anyone would close threads because of this, it's not like there aren't already a bunch of Spectrum sites around the world.

Geez! Another website in the Internet created a forum! How dare they do it??!

Seriously. If WoS moderation decided other Spectrum sites are not allowed to have forums, then there's something deeply wrong here...

What about other Spectrum sites that already had forums, are they going to be censored too?
  • Anyone reading this thread would think we've all got tourettes...
  • I find it very sad.

As I have said elsewhere, I don't know what the background behind all of this is, nor do I want to know. All I see is a broken forum, and threads being closed for no explicable reason. Surely it isn't unreasonable to expect a reason to be given why a topic is closed?
  • edited November 2017
    ramsrc wrote: »
    I find it very sad.

As I have said elsewhere, I don't know what the background behind all of this is, nor do I want to know. All I see is a broken forum, and threads being closed for no explicable reason. Surely it isn't unreasonable to expect a reason to be given why a topic is closed?

Somehow the word "transparency" comes to mind again...

EDIT: Also the expression "silent treatment".
    Post edited by Einar Saukas on
  • Moreover, it still doesn't explain what's happening with Z.X.D.B.

It's a well known fact that ZX-Art already had its own forum for a long time, and it's periodically updated with content from Z.X.D.B. (as previously mentioned in the original Z.X.D.B. thread and documentation):

http://zxart.ee/eng/software/

And now Spectrum Computing is doing the same. What does it have to do with Z.X.D.B. censorship?
  • All you’ve done wrong is to have done it better than Lee, and with infinitely less fuss.
    The Spectrum Resuscitation Thread - bringing dead Spectrums back to life
    zx-diagnostics - Fixing ZX Spectrums in the 21st Century (wiki)
    Sinclair FAQ Wiki
  • An experiment:

ZXDB ****

**** tits arse

I wonder what gets censored?
  • edited November 2017
    So the name of another Spectrum website is deemed worthy of asterisks, but "tits" and "arse" are not.

At least we are now apparently allowed to write ZXDB.
    Post edited by Rorthron on
  • Rorthron wrote: »

Wow, lucky us!
    Or they might have changed their minds when they saw what a foolish thing they were doing.
    Obviously, someone can not accept the success and popularity of ZXDB and ****.co.uk web site and decided to make such a pathetic move.
    I was able to understand (not to justify) personal reasons for the censorship of V *** + project, but now everything went too far.
    I'm sorry to all those who have invested money, but according to this, the chances of getting their product are almost theoretical, and the RCL web page does not even work:
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/11/10/retro_computers_ltd_michelmore_sra_complaint/
    https://retrocomputerslimited.com/

Everything is connected here, the existing intolerance towards ZXDB and Einar personally, has grown to unprecedented levels.
    Disgusting..
  • edited November 2017
    Rorthron wrote: »
    So the name of another Spectrum website is deemed worthy of asterisks, but "tits" and "arse" are not.

Bizarre.

Besides, it wasn't terribly smart to forbid name "ZXDB" anyway, since we could easily circumvent censorship with spelling "Z.X.D.B.". Unless anyone would consider banishing one of these 4 letters from this forum altogether?

For he same reason, banishing "SpectrumComputing" doesn't really work since it can be spelled as separate words "Spectrum Computing". Unless they decide to forbid one of these two words too? In such case, let's hope they don't choose to forbid "Spectrum"!

EDIT: And now we are allowed to write SpectrumComputing again!
    Post edited by Einar Saukas on
  • Ralf wrote: »
    Yes, it seems ****.co.uk added a forum a few days ago
    Great !

Best. News. Ever.

Let's move. :)
  • Pegaz wrote: »
    Everything is connected here, the existing intolerance towards ZXDB and Einar personally, has grown to unprecedented levels.

And Lee, in a public Facebook reply to me, said that Einar was a member of the WoS admin team! With friends like these ...
  • New forum and the "portable device" debacle! neither of them I knew about until this morning.
    I'd say Lee didn't like to read that the other forum wants wos to get "preserved" meaning using the search engine to scrap content from here and post it into there.
    Everyhing is already said. So much discontent cannot make a good impression for newcomers. I still hope WoS will end up taking advantage of the new database model. We'll see.. I thought also that the console based on Fuse would take long to arrive. Why did they used the backer's monet to litigate? Is that legal?
  • I can understand (but dont agree with) censoring a certain crowdfunded gadget. But i can't see any other reason for actively censoring another speccy site, other than attempting to hold on to a userbase through withholding information.
  • edited November 2017
    Of course.
    Another quality Spectrum related web site and forum can only be a bonus, no competition or reason for censorship.
    I often visit russian zx.pk.ru and find lots of useful things that we do not have.
    Also, ****.co.uk powered with ZXDB is a great and very useful place for all Spectrum fans and certainly does not endanger anyone, including its forum.

EDIT: And now we are allowed to write **** again!

No, we cant. ;)
    Post edited by Pegaz on
  • Can I put **** in my signature?
    http://zxinfo.dk - another ZXDB based website
  • edited November 2017
    It would be nice to hear what Lee has to say about this apparent ZXDB and ****.co.uk censorship. Recently he only appears to be making statements about anything of interest on the closed WoS Facebook group. I don't do Facebook and only know he's doing this because various parties post these statements on Twitter and "other sites" that I'm probably now "allowed"(!?) to mention. I don't see why he can't post them on here as well as surely they're not supposed to be top secret and the so-called community as a whole (rather than just a select few who toe the line) would probably appreciate hearing them given that they mention that device and other things. However, nothing related to this site has made much sense recently.
    Post edited by richl on