Forums

13»

Comments

  • The Konami code was started in the 80's by Konami to unlock cheat modes or some other features. It was picked up by other companies, and later on some websites. Typing the code into some websites changes layouts or puts some fun stuff on the screen. It's not important - just a bit of fun.

    well if that bit of fun is "Bugger All" then that is fantastic
    sat there pressing up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a......nothing. :)
  • ASH-II wrote: »
    The Konami code was started in the 80's by Konami to unlock cheat modes or some other features. It was picked up by other companies, and later on some websites. Typing the code into some websites changes layouts or puts some fun stuff on the screen. It's not important - just a bit of fun.

    well if that bit of fun is "Bugger All" then that is fantastic
    sat there pressing up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a......nothing. :)

    Apri... Ah it's not April yet.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Home page is the worst page to do it on. If it doesn't work, do a ctrl-F5 to reload then try it
    My test signature
  • Heh. Yeah, it works. Changes the gradient from green to brownish-blue.
    Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

    Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
    and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
    Member of the team that discovered, analyzed, and detailed the floating bus behavior on the ZX Spectrum +2A/+3.

    A few Spectrum game fixes.
  • Thanks. I knew about the Konami code, but it wasn't registering with me what the URL was.
    live.worldofspectrum.org

    On any page, type the Konami code - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a

    What now?
  • Yep, can confirm it works over here. But I'm not sure I agree the gradient I got can be be called Commode, per se. Too colourful overall.
    What now?
  • I hate you all...
    My test signature
  • ^^^ It's WoS, the inverted love we have towards the Commode is strong within us.
    What now?
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    ^^^ It's WoS, the inverted love we have towards the Commode is strong within us.
    It might be with you, freakboy...

    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • ^^^ Heretic deertick breadbin lover!!!
    What now?
  • guesser wrote: »
    Was it ever determined why the page takes absurdly long to reload after clicking Mark All Viewed on the current forum? It'll be nice if that's finally solved in the rewrite :)

    Testing at the moment on the new forum takes 3.5 seconds... I've added an option to mark categories read too.
    My test signature
  • Is there a date set yet for 'go live'?
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Is there a date set yet for 'go live'?

    Not yet - we have finished sorting the start of the SPOT conversion which will be live before the end of this week. In the meantime, software data is being checked - not too long to wait :D

    My test signature
  • F_Clowder wrote: »
    Yep, can confirm it works over here. But I'm not sure I agree the gradient I got can be be called Commode, per se. Too colourful overall.

    As an aside, and almost unrelated, I wrote some banking software many years ago, and if you put the konami code in, you got to play tetris instead :) I used to name the versions after Speccy characters too - a long time before google did it with android! The last version I did was "Monty"

    My test signature
Sign In or Register to comment.