Exciting news for visitors of WoS, Some new MIA games and alternate versions to be added to the site

This is my 1st Post be gentle, I have quite a few games that have been listed as missing in action and have sent the games to Steven Brown (admin) to dump and convert the files who will then be updating the site. I have had about 2500 copied games in my parents loft for over 30 years and just recently brought them out for old times sake (lol).
The following is a list of games requested by Steven for alternate dumps and MIA games- TOADS TRAVELS by Assassin, HELLS BELLS by Kerian, ARKOS by Ziggurat, BERSERK by ?, CYBER TANKS by Star Dreams, THE EXTERMINATOR by Algray, ESCAPE FROM STALAG XIII by ?, GOLDEN COBRA by ?, HERMON by ?, HIDDEN CITY by Bytewell, HUBERT by Turtle, MICRO IQ by ?, MOORTOWN by Hornby, MOONLIGHT MAGIC by ?, NOSFERATU by Omni, NIGHTMARE PARK by ?, NUKESCAN BY ?, NOAH by IWS,RETURN OF THE JEDY by ?, RACEHORSE by ?, STAR TRADE by Digital Dexterity, SPEEDYLOAD by Ness, STRON by ?, SUB TRACK by Amba, SPYMOD by ?, TRANSNITRON by Bug Byte, WARRIORS REVENGE by Video Force, WILLYS NEW HAT by Wizard, WARLOCK by The Edge, YAHTZI by Workforce and the piece de resistance an ALTERNATE VERSION of ROBOTRON 2084 the unreleased? game by ATARISOFT. There are hopefully a few that aren't mentioned on the site.

Comments

• Yay! Welcome to WoS!
    boojiboy wrote: »
    This is my 1st Post

This is not the sort of site where you have to make that request.
    be gentle.

You're awesome! Thank you :-D
    I have quite a few games that have been listed as missing in action and have sent the games to Steven Brown (admin) to dump and convert the files who will then be updating the site.

What now?
  • Welcome to WoS! Its a good place to be.
  • Thanks for the welcome!!, hopefully I may have some other games that will help the Speccy community!!
  • Thank you for your help! There are some very rare titles indeed.
  • Thank you for your important contribution, boojiboy! :)

As a great fan of Jet Set Willy games, I am particularly interested in "Willy's New Hat". This game has been generally considered to be by an anonymous author. You've now mentioned that it's by someone called Wizard. That's very interesting. Will there be scans of the covers and inlays of your tapes available at some point? Or rather, (I'm thinking aloud here) if they are copied tapes, perhaps there are no original covers/inlays, so nothing to scan?

In any case, thanks again!
  • Hi, regarding the Willys New Hat, like all the others are copies so unfortunately there will be no cover scans there are quite a few other games I haven't mentioned that were posted which you maybe interested in though like Jet Set Willy 3 by Ninja, Jet Set Willy 5 by Wizard and Jet Set Willy Editor not sure who it's by, but there is also Land Of No Return by Video Force, Dr Bongo and quite a few others that are either MIA on WOS or when I have done a search on WOS are not there.
  • By the way Boojiboy, is there any chance that you could upload your games to some file hosting website?

I've noticed that you sent it to Steve Brown but it may take a while before they make it available and there are some impatient people like me, eager to see it :)
  • Were you one of those kids who opened their gifts the day before christmas?! :-? :)) Give it time. Can't rush a good whiskey.
    Ralf wrote: »
    By the way Boojiboy, is there any chance that you could upload your games to some file hosting website?

I've noticed that you sent it to Steve Brown but it may take a while before they make it available and there are some impatient people like me, eager to see it :)
    What now?
  • Ralf wrote: »
    By the way Boojiboy, is there any chance that you could upload your games to some file hosting website?

Hmmm, so they can be put on another site?

When Boojiboy wants to add then specifically to WoS?

I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • It's getting more and more interesting! :)

TTBOMK, there is no such game as "Jet Set Willy 5" available online (for the ZX Spectrum, at least), apart from "Jet Set Willy 5: ZX Heroes" by Igor Makovsky. However, this game was created and released in 2002, so if we are talking about tapes from the 1980s, it can't be what you have.

[As a parenthesis, there is no "Jet Set Willy 4", either, although some people have used this name - erroneously - for "J4 (The Fourth Remix)" by Geoff Eddy, Iain Eddy and Alasdair Swanson (1999). Igor's use of number 5 for his (otherwise outstanding) game is controversial, since there were a lot (30 or so) of other JSW games created between Jet Set Willy III (1985) and "ZX Heroes", so there seems to be no good reason to use number 5.]

"Jet Set Willy III" (1985) was created by Michael Blanke and Arno Gitz (MBG/APG Software). So I wonder whether the "Jet Set Willy 3" you have is the same game (perhaps a version hacked by someone who used the nickname "Ninja"?), or a completely different mod.

"Jet Set Willy Editor" could be one of the editors which were released in the 1980s (available on WoS), or something new, too.

With all this, I am looking forward very much to the time when Steve Brown releases TZXed versions of your tapes, or whenever they are first uploaded online :).
    Hi, regarding the Willys New Hat, like all the others are copies so unfortunately there will be no cover scans there are quite a few other games I haven't mentioned that were posted which you maybe interested in though like Jet Set Willy 3 by Ninja, Jet Set Willy 5 by Wizard and Jet Set Willy Editor not sure who it's by, but there is also Land Of No Return by Video Force, Dr Bongo and quite a few others that are either MIA on WOS or when I have done a search on WOS are not there.
  • All my copied Spectrum games were copied mainly from originals back in the 80's and have been boxed up at my parents for the last 30 years, I also documented every game I had alphabetically with name/price/developer/type of game and magazine reviews which is why I know the JSW3 is by Ninja and JSW5 is by Wizard unfortunately even though I own about 8 Spectrums I have not used any since the late 80's. As I wouldn't know the first thing about uploading my games to a file hosting website I was contacted by Steve Brown after I had put some pictures of my copied games on the Spectrum For Everyone facebook page he contacted me and asked if I had dumped the files, As I didn't know where to start so I sent him photos of the games I had and sent him some of the games to convert which are the games in my first message. including JSW3 & JSW5. I have just sent quite a few more games for him to check and hopefully convert and put on the site. I know he has done quite a lot of the tapes and will probably put them on the site when they are all done.
  • A few others that might be MIA. Backer by ? Solo by ?, Snatcher by ?, Storm Fighters by ?, Zap 2 by ?, Turbo Driver by Boss, and Z-Man by DJL.
  • I'll admit I got a little excited by the idea of somebody actually having a copy of Willy's New Hat on an actual cassette, weither it's a copy or not....
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • According to my Spectrum List Willy's New Hat is by Wizard the same person/software house that did Jet Set Willy 5 and also a Cricket game
  • Thanks for the additional info, boojiboy!