Graphic Artist required: Heavy on the Magick sequel

MrDMrD
edited April 25 in Updates
Graphic Artist required for a fan made, unofficial sequel to Gargolye’s classic Heavy on the Magick. As the sequels never saw the light of day, we are creating our own version of Collodon’s Pile (the castle above the original dungeon)

The project is already around 75% complete, with a new maze, objects and puzzles, but to do this justice we’d really like to include some brand new monsters, and as neither of us is an artist then that is where we have stalled...

Screenshots below to prove that this isn’t vapourware! :)

Please PM myself or Bedazzle if interested...

[img][/img]
Post edited by MrD on
Thanked by 1Errazking

Comments

• Now this is exciting. Can you fix the images? They are not working.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Screenshots are not displaying unfortunately,
    So far, so meh :)
  • Will try a different image hosting site - that one’s not working!
  • If you are having trouble, PM me and I'll put them on my site. Actually I'd love to post a news item on my front page about this.. If you'd like an announcement.
    Thanked by 1MrD
  • Luny wrote: »
    If you are having trouble, PM me and I'll put them on my site. Actually I'd love to post a news item on my front page about this.. If you'd like an announcement.

Thanks Luny - that would be great, spread the word! Having issues getting any image sites to work (I’m on the phone at the moment) so I’ll PM them across.

Cheers
  • MrD wrote: »
    Will try a different image hosting site - that one’s not working!

I use imgur.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
    Thanked by 1MrD
  • MrDMrD
    edited April 25
    7QanMMo.jpg
    0wLXKrk.jpg

Hooray - working now :)
    Post edited by MrD on
  • I would love to do some! Got some time coming up off work and I cant go anywhere so I am looking for something jolly to do!
  • edited April 26
    MrD wrote: »
    Will try a different image hosting site - that one’s not working!

I use imgur.

you can watch without password, nice
    and this one is even better... its of topic, i know
    ps, if the link would open another page, that would be even better..

Post edited by Crisis on
    my old website http://home.hccnet.nl/c.born/ has changed to http://www.cborn.nl/zxfiles/ so just click it and select a file
  • I would love to do some! Got some time coming up off work and I cant go anywhere so I am looking for something jolly to do!

Thanks Mark! Will PM you further details :)
  • Mark, can I now put an update on your volunteering on this project? And maybe big you up a bit since you have ZX form?
  • No. Was told that people were already working on it and any work I do on it might not get used so I passed on it.
  • Ahhh huge shame would have liked you to have worked on this
  • No. Was told that people were already working on it and any work I do on it might not get used so I passed on it.

Yeah shame, if you are looking for a project to get involved in your welcome to contribute graphics to my Dun Darach for the PC project.
  • Is the OP / Author aware of Mark's "credentials"? I'd be stoked to have a project get the attention that having someone like Mark involved would bring, not to mention the skills.
  • Yeah I was thinking the same, if Mark wanted to do graphics on my project I would jump at the chance. Maybe it was a slight bit of misunderstanding ?
  • Or just consideration. If they had already given / promised to the job to someone else, who has a lot of enthusiasm for the project it would be rude to drop them because someone with Mark's skills come along. For all we know the other artist might have the same credentials!
  • Slightly off topic (sorry but it did not really justify a new topic) I was looking at Marsport a few days ago and this game too, having never experienced them 'BITD' , then the thought occurred to me that the erm 'game engine' with these and DunDarch plus TirNaNog etc, could be used to create something new. A similar vein to how I suggested many moons ago that the 'engine' from ContactSamCruise / SkoolDaze / BackToSkool could possibly be used too for those type of games. :)

On topic I like what i see in this topic! :D
  • I like the look of this...
    But I was just wondering if a 128K-only version of HOTM could have less blocky graphics, if they were redrawn of course. (Not that I'm expecting anyone to make one for me, just how hard it would be technically)

^ Marsport was a bit of a disappointment to me compared to the previous games with none of the characters wandering around, save for the few robots/aliens of a few basic types. I wonder if they took out any of the code here to make space for puzzles.