Infoseek

We are at the stage now where most of the CGI scripts from the old WoS are no longer needed. What remains is the software scripts. With the server move, these aren't currently functioning. I've asked Martijn for a hand as I recall there is a command to re-compile the scripts on the new server, but can't recall it!

Having said that, I still don't have much confidence they will work correctly. They are 1990's scripts running on a 2020 server. There are going to be issues.

With that in mind, I may well stop using those too. Plan B is to make a new testing section live. This is using the old WoS data as we are still going through the data applying fixes. We are up to 'T' with the fixes. This has been a huge task and in the process identified thousands and thousands of errors. Identified a new load of MIA titles, and resolved a lot too.

Other fixes are new details such as barcode/serial numbers, fixing release orders (currently a lot of re-releases are shown a being released first), fixing prices (some budget titles show as full price), etc...

We have no timescale on this. Either it's rushed and more wrong than right, or care is taken to get as much right as possible.

When that is complete, we will be adding the new titles.

In the meantime, we will be working on Plan A & Plan B at the same time.
My test signature
Thanked by 1Luzie

Comments

• It's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
    Thanked by 1Luzie
  • the new interface wastes twice the space to show half the things...
  • Bultro wrote: »
    the new interface wastes twice the space to show half the things...
    Example please.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...