TR-Dos converting problem.

I take a .tap file. Then I use the program tap2trd and convert it. I got a .trd file. With the program Samdisk I'll transfer it to disk. But the converted program did not start in TR-Dos or crashes immediately. I'm using a Beta Disk controller from Technology Research Limited.

What made I wrong?

Micky

Comments

• Trdos after first init shift zx basic in zx ram about 112 bytes, then very low original ramtop in basic loaders must be often higher here.
  • You mean there is not enough ram. Is it possible to shift the basic loaders to higher positions?

Micky
  • edited May 26
    -Micky wrote: »
    You mean there is not enough ram. Is it possible to shift the basic loaders to higher positions?

Micky
    It may be possible. But it´s manual work and no automatic. If free space is too low, it may be impossible. You should tell us which tap.-File you try to convert. And where we can download it for having a look at it.

Post edited by Luzie on
  • It is this one and from here:
    https://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0001317

Micky
    Spectrum ZX 48 Harlequin Revision E, ZX Sprinter 2000, Tr-Dos Beta Disk.

• edited June 27
    I´ve taken one of those three Tape-Files from WOS and exit into Basic with Multiface. On SpecEmu.

With 128k Machine Emulation I get a "N: Statement Lost70:1" error when I´m doing an LIST. There is no Line 70. So BASIC/Variable-Area which is saved with BASIC seems to be corrupted.

With 48k Machine Emulation I get no error when I´m doing an LIST.

Re-Starting the game with RANDOMIZE USR 41836 starts the game fine.

I think, even if 128k mentioned on Currys Re-Release Cassette Cover it should be run in 48k mode?

[img]2020-06-27-09-06-18-Spec-Emu-defenda-interstella-software-BASIC-Loader.png

Defenda(Currys).jpg

Post edited by Luzie on