Is FTP WOS available ?

2»

Comments

• Spector wrote: »
    What I would love is the chance to download the information pages on each game in the archive on infoseek. Not the links to tzxs and jpegs etc, but just the database of release dates, prices, publishers etc. I use it so much and it would be great to have a copy of it all.

The plan is that you will be able to in a similar way to the current mags list

Having said that, it might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it does give me an idea. The problem is that the info downloaded is generally a csv file of the title. You can't get the versions from this because it's a lot of info that probably wouldn't work well in a CSV.

Am I right in thinking, you'd like the info & version info per title a listed on the game page? If that's right, I can include it in the compiled ZIP, or an additional file. Any thoughts?
    My test signature
  • Am I right in thinking, you'd like the info & version info per title a listed on the game page? If that's right, I can include it in the compiled ZIP, or an additional file. Any thoughts?

Basically yes. I was going to post a link of a typical WOS infoseek page but I can't now because it's down! But if I went on to infoseek and typed "Manic Miner" in the search box, the page that comes up is what I want. All the info on that, such as year of release, programmer, price, software house, what issues it was reviewed in, member's score out of ten etc. Just that whole page. I'm not after tzx files, jpgs of the cover and screenshots etc. I just want the full text information on the page. The Spectrum is my favourite machine, and the sinclair infoseek was my favourite search engine for any computer online, so I would just love to have that info on my PC.

THE RETRO GAMER IRC CHATROOM. EVERY SUNDAY AT 9PM BST. LOG ON USING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/cZt59EQ
  • Sorry - it's back now
    My test signature
  • Hi Lee, can you check the incoming FTP directory as i added about 100 system progs and utilities back in 2014 and half of them have MIA status a little later than the moment when Martijn finally left WoS and he did not applied my update.