Known errors/advanced search are gone?

ZupZup
edited June 17 in Infoseek database
I've been looking into the new frontend to the database. My thoughts:
- It's way slower than "old" frontend.
- Most operations take more clicks to complete (i.e: looking for games made by some author takes two or three clicks, in older frontend took only one).
- It seems that know errors are completely gone.

Both Habilit and Jet Set Willy had errors when published, and both had this info in older infoseek. After the first revamp of World Of Spectrum, infoseek showed that the titles had known errors (but the pages describing those errors were unavailable). Now, it seems that someone has been time travelling and debugging games, because that bit of information is gone.

Advanced search seems to be gone, too. Sometimes I've used it to search specific items (i.e.: copiers that ran on 48k and had spanish messages), but I can't find how to do that on the new database.
Post edited by Zup on
I was there, too
An' you know what they said?
Well, some of it was true!

Comments

• Known errors is coming back soon.. As is advanced search and some other stuff.

My test signature
  • Known errors is coming back soon.. As is advanced search and some other stuff.
    Thanks for confirming this on the FB group :) Is quite useful.
  • That could be useful.

I think 90% of my searches is using the advanced search,

Not only because I could search for all english text adventures released in 1985, for example, but also because it displays screenshots as results. And it would still fit on one page (or two), too.
  • Known errors are back, as are more details on clones. All clones of the game page now list similar clones. We also have more screenshots (see MM page).

More to come tonight!
    My test signature
  • edited June 27
    Known errors are back, as are more details on clones. All clones of the game page now list similar clones. We also have more screenshots (see MM page).

More to come tonight!
    Thank you ! :)
    Post edited by spider on
  • Question: Is it possible to search via 'Known Errors' ? On the legacy site it was a link, new site its not.

Perhaps a criteria added to one of the dropdowns (unless I missed it!) to list just games with known errors.

I do greatly appreciate the fact that the games I picked out to test this "Project Future" and "Frank N Stein" simply I knew they had erm 'issues by default' kindly listed the POKE's needed on the page to rectify the error without me needing to search though. :)
  • spider wrote: »
    Question: Is it possible to search via 'Known Errors' ? On the legacy site it was a link, new site its not.

Perhaps a criteria added to one of the dropdowns (unless I missed it!) to list just games with known errors.

I do greatly appreciate the fact that the games I picked out to test this "Project Future" and "Frank N Stein" simply I knew they had erm 'issues by default' kindly listed the POKE's needed on the page to rectify the error without me needing to search though. :)

Not really via the archive lists - this will be in the advanced infoseek page when that's ready
    My test signature
    Thanked by 1spider
  • Not really via the archive lists - this will be in the advanced infoseek page when that's ready
    Great stuff. Thank you! :)

• Timmy wrote: »
    That could be useful.

Not only because I could search for all english text adventures released in 1985, for example, but also because it displays screenshots as results. And it would still fit on one page (or two), too.

At the moment on the archive pages, you can list all text adventures, then filter by 1985. Not done language yet (I actually forgot, but left a space in the filter because I knew I'd forgotten something). No screenshots either - mainly because someone choosing "all" for software results would end up with thousands of Gifs
    My test signature
  • edited June 28
    Timmy wrote: »
    That could be useful.

At the moment on the archive pages, you can list all text adventures, then filter by 1985. Not done language yet (I actually forgot, but left a space in the filter because I knew I'd forgotten something). No screenshots either - mainly because someone choosing "all" for software results would end up with thousands of Gifs

Thanks for noticing that I couldn't find 'English' in the new database! I wanted to play some english adventure games lately and I didn't want to check all of those myself (about 2500?) if they were english or not. So 'language' in the database would have helped.

As for the problems with screenshots, the old infoseek solved that by showing only 1 loading screen or 1 in game screen. And of course it also separate the results in pages of 15(?) games. So it's not very different from what you have already. You already show the results in pages on 10 games.
    Post edited by Timmy on