What a mess :(

I'm sorry to have to say this, but the site is all over the place.

For example, when I try to search for a particular game (on my Android phone), the page doesn't even fit the size of my screen.

Also the results I get back are very limited. Before the 'change', I could see where a game was released, whether as a singular item, in a compilation, on a magazine cover tape etc...

Sadly all that info is missing.

Is there a choice of reverting back to the old site?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited June 20
    Loxley wrote: »
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but the site is all over the place.

For example, when I try to search for a particular game (on my Android phone), the page doesn't even fit the size of my screen.

Also the results I get back are very limited. Before the 'change', I could see where a game was released, whether as a singular item, in a compilation, on a magazine cover tape etc...

Sadly all that info is missing.

Is there a choice of reverting back to the old site?

Thanks.
    Not sure what your problem is but I've just search "Manic Miner", got 32 software results back, clicked on the Bug Byte release and got full details of release, game type, availability etc, who coded it, related releases , all other publishers, screens, rzx video & all files to download.
    All within 3 clicks on my phone.

No mess here.
    Post edited by rich_chandler on
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • Clear browser cache on your phone if you can, I don't (think) on that device you can do a 'hard refresh' to ensure you're getting up-to-date page information. That may help. :) , not 100% but it won't do any harm to be sure you're not just viewing cached css/js etc along with some 'new' content.

Equivalent on a desktop is CTRL+F5 or CTRL+R or suchlke.
  • spider wrote: »
    Clear browser cache on your phone if you can, I don't (think) on that device you can do a 'hard refresh' to ensure you're getting up-to-date page information. That may help. :) , not 100% but it won't do any harm to be sure you're not just viewing cached css/js etc along with some 'new' content.

Equivalent on a desktop is CTRL+F5 or CTRL+R or suchlke.

At the moment that's a good idea. I'm still going through changes as requested, etc..
    My test signature
  • Thanks guys. And could you search 'Chubby Gristle' for me please?

It also came free with 'Your Sinclair' magazine a few years after it's release. That info was showing before the revamp; not any more unless I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers again.
  • Loxley wrote: »
    Thanks guys. And could you search 'Chubby Gristle' for me please?

It also came free with 'Your Sinclair' magazine a few years after it's release. That info was showing before the revamp; not any more unless I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers again.

I have said (somewhere - could be facebook) that compilations and mag tapes haven't been done yet. Please do bear in mind that this is only the test data - we are updating results and will be adding new entries, but with so many errors in the database, it is all being sorted manually 1 title at a time. This is nearing completion - hence loading the pages now and sorting out the issues.
    My test signature
  • At the moment that's a good idea. I'm still going through changes as requested, etc..
    Used to happen a fair bit (elsewhere) we we updated designs and the user upgraded their software but neglected to clear their cache or temporarily try another browser to see if any issues persisted. :) In 90% of cases once the browser had really had "fresh" data the design was OK! :)

Cheers again.

I have said (somewhere - could be facebook) that compilations and mag tapes haven't been done yet. Please do bear in mind that this is only the test data - we are updating results and will be adding new entries, but with so many errors in the database, it is all being sorted manually 1 title at a time. This is nearing completion - hence loading the pages now and sorting out the issues.

Thanks, Lee. I wasn't aware of the issues you've mentioned, so I'll certainly bear in mind what you've said.
    Loxley wrote: »

Cheers again.

Thanks, Lee. I wasn't aware of the issues you've mentioned, so I'll certainly bear in mind what you've said.

The test data is pretty much the old WoS entries anyway. And we are still adding things (games lists now show control types, the lists compress on smaller devices but each entry can be expanded, etc...) All based on constructive feedback. I'll be adding the control types filter next :)
    My test signature