Outlook driving my (older) customers crazy

I usually figure out things by myself or Google is my friend. This time my Google-fu has failed me, and asking about this on WOS doesn't sound like a bad idea. :p If anyone here uses Outlook for work, maybe someone knows a way around these issues:

1-If you right-click a file and choose Send to > Mail Recipient, Outlook should popup a "New email" window. Instead, it highlights the Outlook icon on the taskbar and you have to click it to bring it up. I realize this is easy for most of us, but for older people it's enough to confuse them. Any way to force Send To to switch focus to the New mail window automatically? Doesn't matter if it's maximized or not. I just need to eliminate that extra click. Any email app being used as the default one should open as soon as you click on "mail recipient". It shouldn't hide in the taskbar.

2-When using Send to > Mail recipient, Outlook adds some unwanted text to the email and ignores the account email signature if one exists. Saw some fixes that involve regedit. Any other suggestion?

Thank you

Comments

• I haven't used outlook since about 1998, and even then I found it fiddly and awkward....So I'll be no help at all really :))
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • I haven't used outlook since about 1998, and even then I found it fiddly and awkward....So I'll be no help at all really :))
    I nominate this for the most useful post of the year award :))
    Mark
  • edited July 11
    It's along the lines of those answers to Amazon questions - "Sorry, but I haven't purchased this product" :-)

At least boozey had tried it - a quarter of a century ago :))
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • edited July 11
    I can't replicate 1 at all - mine always opens up the new email - latest Windows 10 and Office 365 if that's any help.

For 2 you could try this, which saves on a Registry hack. Create a simple text document on the desktop called SendEmail.html, open it up in a text editor and paste the following:

<html><body><a href="mailto:?">Send Email</a></body></html>

Then all the user has to do is double click the html file, which will open a browser window and they simply click on the Send Email link. That should open the new email window with an empty To and Subject but should include a signature in the body. Definitely works on my machine.
    Post edited by Vampyre on
  • Not sure if this is helpful at all..

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-right-click-and-send-to-mail-recipient-not-working/

Some obvious answers but a couple of things worth trying.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Strange,

On my work PC it works as expected, on my home PC if I right click a file in explorer then send to Mail Recipient then it just closes Explorer lol
    I've recreated the SendTo link multiple times but it doesn't help.
    Might see if fixing the Office installation may work.

Note that I am also on a Windows 10 Insider Build (2004 - 20161.1000)
    Office 365 (O365 MSO 16.0.13001.20254-x64)
    So far, so meh :)
  • polomint wrote: »
    Might see if fixing the Office installation may work.
    That may be the promising way. You know the solution without "Google is your friend" :))
  • tbh, I never use that function, and I'm not sure I can be bothered repairing Office heh
  • Are you using one of the Vault Tec terminals :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • zx1 wrote: »
    Are you using one of the Vault Tec terminals :))

My Pip-Boy does everything I need :)

====================================================================
    Sent from Fluffy's Pip-Boy, click to get your own account.
    ====================================================================