Say No?

Nice and easy question for you all..

If you had one thing only that could say NO to and it take effect, what would it be?
So far, so meh :)

Comments

• edited August 8
    Party politics. Thats to say, all political parties.
    Post edited by mik3d3nch on
  • Religion.

/thread
  • No
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • mik3d3nch wrote: »
    Party politics. Thats to say, all political parties.

Unfortunately every time there is a choice (or perceived to be a choice) and there are two or more people involved, you are likely to end up with different views, also known as politics...

For example, do you increase taxes to pay for better infrastructure in a country to encourage more companies to build new offices and factories. Or do you reduce the taxes on companies to try to do the same thing? Or do you do nothing?

Mark
  • Gravity
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • Unhappiness
  • edited August 8
    I cannot understand what entropy means exactly beyond a scientific term...I feel it has other context but I cant think of what.

Nepotism.
    Post edited by Ælita on
    On those afternoons in utopia..
  • To strangers.

See I did learn something at school. :D
  • Ælita wrote: »
    I cannot understand what entropy means exactly beyond a scientific term...
    Lack of order.
    Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
    and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
    Member of the team that discovered, analyzed, and detailed the floating bus behavior on the ZX Spectrum +2A/+3.

A few Spectrum game fixes.
  • Videos shot vertically.
    Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
    and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
    Member of the team that discovered, analyzed, and detailed the floating bus behavior on the ZX Spectrum +2A/+3.

A few Spectrum game fixes.
  • Women tend to say no to me frequently! :))
    We must perform a quirkafleeg
  • Can i ask you a question? (You already did).
  • XTM of TMG wrote: »
    Religion.

/thread

No religion is not the problem, its the excuse. Humans would just find another excuse to awful at being human.

Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • The obvious one would be Hate, a cover all for a lot of the bad in the world.

If that was not allowed then I'd say NO to giving idiots/arseholes a voice. Nowadays, idiots become entrenched in their views because they find other slightly more intelligent idiots online that make them think their views are acceptable.
    Calling all ASCII Art Architects Visit the WOS Wall of Text and contribute: https://www.yourworldoftext.com/wos
  • edited August 9
    You raise a good point there Scottie which is why I have said no to Facebook, and twitter already. People do have the right to a voice, and an opinion but when they start telling people how they should think and feel because it doesn’t align with their own totally unrealistic warped sense of what they’ve been brainwashed into thinking, and start accusing everyone who isn’t part of their hive mind of being nazis. Well they know exactly what they can do!
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
    You can't expect me to have lunch with a man who's favourite part of the chicken is the right wing!
  • edited August 9
    Double post
    Post edited by dm_boozefreek on
  • I'm on FB but i just ignore the nonsense as there is a LOT of fake news etc. Made some good pals on there though.
  • edited August 9
    Ah..should join FB. be a laugh. It's an art to try and get around the cuckness. Over the years I've been cancelled by every woke yolk folk in sight..and now I don't have any left sob sob. The last just went a few months back. Had to change my name temporary cause they are nasty vindictive fucks. I'm too well known in some circles and photos and videos of me exist in full battle armour(not a lot of good when you are trying to have a normal life)...BUTT..yes, It's waste of space and time..BUTT..what isnt.

There is always GAB. You can say any old NAZI **** or ultra conservative stuff on there.
    Post edited by Ælita on
  • I find on Facebook it write more posts than read them. I can't be doing with the stress of how wonderful everyone's lives seem to be when in fact we know most people are only posting the best bits. It should change its name to BragBook. I'm sort of using my account as a kind of scrap book of great days out, holidays and the kids achievements but also because some of my Family are overseas and spread it, its a way for them to see how the kids are doing.
  • Must not post a video of that crappy 2 Unlimited song...
  • edited August 10
    BragBook? Hmm..yeah..suppose so.

It's a funny thing...I look at all the lassies that live near me on it and I'm thinking well..what a pretty girl or so..but then I'm out and about and I'm just seeing little 5ft 2'' nothings pushing prams maybe and only really fit for some inbred spongebob albino character. Then one has the fellas that are like..ooh..I expect a super model or so...like what are you bringing to the table mister eh. Then you post a few not bad pics and everyone is like oh yeah? oh right...but if you post one average picture it's like AH...so thats what you really look like eh. That seems to be how it works for females especially..so the pressure in on. Me I keep my cards so close they are almost ethereal. The only social media I ever liked was Yahoo 360 and I enjoyed that a lot.

SM..its probably best avoided yeah. Just say NO.
    Post edited by Ælita on
  • Must not post a video of that crappy 2 Unlimited song...
    No no, no no
  • Jim_2.jpg
    My rubbish website including the redrawn Amstrad schematics and the new home of the Sinclair FAQ wiki.
  • guesser wrote: »
    Jim_2.jpg

Well..you look like a nice older fella to me. Got an honest face. Nice to see a pic of someone on here. Finally can put a name to a pic. Well done you.
  • Ælita wrote: »
    dBragBook? Hmm..yeah..suppose so.

It's a funny thing...I look at all the lassies that live near me on it and I'm thinking well..what a pretty girl or so..but then I'm out and about and I'm just seeing little 5ft 2'' nothings pushing prams maybe and only really fit for some inbred spongebob albino character. Then one has the fellas that are like..ooh..I expect a super model or so...like what are you bringing to the table mister eh. Then you post a few not bad pics and everyone is like oh yeah? oh right...but if you post one average picture it's like AH...so thats what you really look like eh. That seems to be how it works for females especially..so the pressure in on. Me I keep my cards so close they are almost ethereal. The only social media I ever liked was Yahoo 360 and I enjoyed that a lot.

SM..its probably best avoided yeah. Just say NO.

Interesting, if i were a young lad now id be **** scared, cos you’d see all these perfect girls and you just wouldn’t know what or who you were really meeting. i like to see what someone really looks like, not just on a Friday night. the make up scene, although very clever and artist it hides all the natural ‘flaws’ and creates a mask which behind these people hide behind. i'm sure its good for config nice, but for me looks are as important as character. by that i dont mean how pretty or ugly but how they look. im naturally attracted to certain face shape, eyes, etc. its quite confusing now.

my uncle was married to a bunny girl in the 70s, who always looked prefect and she never let anyone see her without full makeup. one time i went round early and she opened the door, i didn’t recognise her. the contrast was amazing. she looked liken a different person.
    Might be worth a visit to luny.co.uk.
  • edited August 11
    Luny wrote: »

Interesting, if i were a young lad now id be **** scared, cos you’d see all these perfect girls and you just wouldn’t know what or who you were really meeting. i like to see what someone really looks like, not just on a Friday night. the make up scene, although very clever and artist it hides all the natural ‘flaws’ and creates a mask which behind these people hide behind. i'm sure its good for config nice, but for me looks are as important as character. by that i dont mean how pretty or ugly but how they look. im naturally attracted to certain face shape, eyes, etc. its quite confusing now.

my uncle was married to a bunny girl in the 70s, who always looked prefect and she never let anyone see her without full makeup. one time i went round early and she opened the door, i didn’t recognise her. the contrast was amazing. she looked liken a different person.

Oh really..yeah. Fake up they call it, Can contour a new face with the cosmetics they have now. I like nice nice make up..but this contouring is too much. Yes..I suppose it'd difficult for young lads..because the make up used is almost theatrical and it can give a higher pseudo social status and many lassies just live out an existence on social media. They go to extreme lengths now..correct almost stage lighting and near theatrical make up. It's one big show. In female groups I am in though....you find that most of them are a mental mess underneath..It's quite frightening. they need to boost their ego, so the pat each other on the back..but lo behond someone makes even a slightly untoward comment...holy hell ensues. Now in you meet a real beauty..and you know it right away. Meh..everything is so superficial these days..but I guess if you don't..bang goes your pseudo higher social status. It's all make up and hair. Everyone is having face surgery too. My hairdresser says half of them have had stuff done..and heck,,eat my words..I had lower face lift and rhinoplasty in February. Early 50th birthday present to myself. I don't get a huge buzz off social media..i only started it up really for a bit of wosser fun. I don't have ANY issues in RL. I'm not on drugs or anti-depressents ever..I'm quite socialable nd ultra laid back....so I don't really need the stress of managing a z list career account on FB and I don't need nastyness...because I am really a softy at heart and I like the moments of serenity in life. Just a bit of fun is all it is for me.

Yes..very different without the gunpowder on, Not surprised .In Norway especially there is a lot of tall naturally beautiful girls who go out there way to be natural as possible......but there is also the social influenser mob increasingly taking over..shame that.
    Post edited by Ælita on