Protect yourself from eBay nob-ends.

edited March 2005 in Sinclair Miscellaneous
Wotcha, folks.

As there seems to be a few eBay nightmare posts here, I thought I'd share my little tip on feedback.

Personally, I never EVER, leave feedback for anyone, until they leave feedback for me first.

What's the point in giving someone positive FB when they pay via PayPal in seconds, only to receive negative feedback when they don't read the advert properly!

I know if everyone did this, no feedback would be left. But they don't.

My two-penneth.

Tobo
Post edited by Tobo on

Comments

• edited March 2005
    On 2005-03-02 07:21, Tobo wrote:
    Wotcha, folks.

As there seems to be a few eBay nightmare posts here, I thought I'd share my little tip on feedback.

Personally, I never EVER, leave feedback for anyone, until they leave feedback for me first.

What's the point in giving someone positive FB when they pay via PayPal in seconds, only to receive negative feedback when they don't read the advert properly!

I know if everyone did this, no feedback would be left. But they don't.

My two-penneth.

Tobo

I feel for you Tobo; what happened?
  • edited March 2005
    if you're a seller, DONT leave feedback till they leave it for you

if you're a buyer, and you're happy, leave feedback
  • edited March 2005
    Sold old(ish) game.

Stated clearly that game was WINDOWS 95 only.

Person paid quickly via PayPal & item promptly delivered.

No contact - just neg feedback left "Game doesn't work".

Sympathized with him, understood his mistake - wrong operating system no doubt, offered a full refund. No contact from him what-so-ever.

It's people like that, that ruin eBay, and tick-off sellers.

T.
  • edited March 2005

What's the point in giving someone positive FB when they pay via PayPal in seconds, only to receive negative feedback when they don't read the advert properly

The problem with this is they can still Neg you first. I suppose you could neg them back but that won't effect them as bidder as much as the seller.

• edited March 2005
    As somebody who only buys on Ebay, I hate it when I have purchased an item and paid within minutes via paypal only to receive an email stating that "I will leave you good feedback when you leave me good feedback".
    I have done everything right, paid instantly etc so why shouldn't I be left good feedback straight away? Annoys me something rotten that does!
  • edited March 2005
    That is so true. I'm in the same boat, and very new to ebay, so every bit of feedback counts.

I also paid immediately with Paypal, and the goods arrived damaged (poor packaging.) I waited for my feedback, but nothing came, so I wrote her an email stating the problem, but that I would leave good feedback as her error was not intentional. I told her (nicely) to improve her packaging for further custom. Still no feedback from her. What a bitch!
  • edited March 2005
    On 2005-03-02 20:32, Tobo wrote:
    Sold old(ish) game.

Stated clearly that game was WINDOWS 95 only.

Person paid quickly via PayPal & item promptly delivered.

No contact - just neg feedback left "Game doesn't work".

Sympathized with him, understood his mistake - wrong operating system no doubt, offered a full refund. No contact from him what-so-ever.

It's people like that, that ruin eBay, and tick-off sellers.

T.
    What a (excuse my language) Bastard!
  • edited March 2005
    Sympathized with him, understood his mistake - wrong operating system no doubt, offered a full refund. No contact from him what-so-ever

Why did you sympathise with him ? It clearly said Win 95, not only that but he then instantly left neg feedback without discussing it with you first.

If someone left me neg fdbk without even discussing it i wouldnt offer him a full refund or anything. Its the idiots fault for buying it. Same as people buying something, seeing the high postage then moaning about it after.
  • edited March 2005
    On 2005-03-03 11:33, psj3809 wrote:
    If someone left me neg fdbk without even discussing it i wouldnt offer him a full refund or anything. Its the idiots fault for buying it.

Exactly, that's what winds me up about some eBayers. It's a pitty the feedback can't be removed. That eBayer was obviously a sad little twat!
  • edited March 2005
    if you want bad feedback removed, leave the persons phone number in the feedback for all to see. it will be quickly removed :)
  • edited March 2005
    typing "Bad seller from Scunthorpe" used to work, until they improved their swear filters.