Have your parents ever packed away your Speccy?

...have they? they did to me when I was in 4th grade as they thought I would spend too much time on it, and neglect my homework... So the speccy was taken away and hidden from me -- oh, poor parents, so little imagination... It wasn't too hard to find in the closet! So I'd play it when they were out. :) Eventually I started using it "in public" again, and noone ever wondered -- they probably forgot about the hiding thing.
Post edited by Alessandro Tommasi on

Comments

• edited April 2005
    Yep been there done that.

I remember having my Spectrum taken away from me for a week (I can't even remember my crime though - lol). I knew exactly where it was though, on top of my parents' wardrobe. Unfortunately I was only dinky so couldn't exactly reach.

Still I remember I got it back early one day though... why? I got under their feet trying to find things to do because I was so BORED!!!! "Oh for God's sake... have it back - that'll keep you quiet."

RESULT!
  • edited April 2005
    I was never young enough to have my Spectrum confiscated.
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited April 2005
    There was this one time when my Speccy access was restricted to weekends for a month because of the low grades I'd got for two semesters in a row! How I suffered...
  • edited April 2005
    LOL arr the bad memory's come flooding back! I had the machine taken off me and put on the wardrobe also! heehee. When i finally got it back after about 2 weeks the tape deck had mis-aligned and had to be retuned. I hated that Grrrrr! Fortunatly i had a very good ear for the exact sound the tapes should make to get them running! YAY! (Damb +2 tape deck....)
  • edited April 2005
    My first computer (a PC) had one of those damned keylocks; when I started to use the PC until 3:00 am my parents kept the key and locked the thing when they thought I had enough computing for the day.
    That lasted until I read the manual, opened the PC and disconnected the keylock cable :)
    Of course I was eventually catched by my parents, had to confess everything and they changed tactics and kept the keyboard instead of the key :(
  • edited April 2005
    Once when I was about 6 for fighting with my brother and ater on when I was about 14 for fighting with my other brother. I was banned for a few days. More recently I left home for good and left my beloved spec at home. Its in the loft now... with all the spiders.
  • edited April 2005
    Fogartylee still gets his taken away now when hes been norty

which is often cos hes a very norty bwoy
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2005
    lol...

Amy was known to hide computers before we moved in together (and I had to sell them) so I wouldn't neglet her and would actually take her out!

I would never find them (because she asked her friend to keep hold of them - she told me this a few years ago)
  • edited April 2005
    GRRRRRRRRRRR and you stayed together? :)

i hope you hid her tampax :)
    Professional Mel-the-Bell Simulator................"So realistic, I found myself reaching for the Kleenex King-Size!" - Richard Darling
  • edited April 2005
    On 2005-04-13 20:18, mel the bell wrote:
    Fogartylee still gets his taken away now when hes been norty

which is often cos hes a very norty bwoy

Actually not true. I'm the master of my house. Sarah said I could be.
    My test signature
  • edited April 2005
    You should rule your home with a rod of iron like I do ;)

[ This Message was edited by: karingal on 2005-04-14 00:27 ]
    I wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know...
  • edited June 2005
    Well, i never got my speccy taken away, but my father traded a cassette full of my favorite speccy games. In exchange for the cassette I got 1 game which couldnt even load right :(
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-04-14 00:26, karingal wrote:
    You should rule your home with a rod of iron like I do ;)

Hey! No penis jokes ... Mel is present!

Skarpo
    :)
  • edited June 2005
    I rule with a ruler.
    I RULE!
  • edited June 2005
    *combines last two posts into one joke*

Yes, I've got 12 inches as well - I don't use it as a rule.
    My test signature
  • edited June 2005
    Mine threw mine out of my bedroom window once. Luckily it survived, despite landing on paving slabs!
    http://lofi-gaming.org.uk innit<div><a href="http://dekay.co.uk">Me all over the internet</a></div>
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-06-09 21:12, deKay wrote:
    Mine threw mine out of my bedroom window once. Luckily it survived, despite landing on paving slabs!

Are we still making penis jokes :confused:

Skarpo
    ;)
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-04-13 23:34, mel the bell wrote:
    GRRRRRRRRRRR and you stayed together? :)

i hope you hid her tampax :)

When she moved in, she was 17 and pregnant.. But it showed I loved her (and I still do).

I hid her favourite videos!
  • edited June 2005
    My mother packed away my Spectrum because of my brother's low grades. On first time she simply put it on top of her wardrobe. So we played it while parents were out. One brother played, another looked from window so mother couldn't spot us playing. That was much more fun then simply playing!

Later she became suspective. So she used a piece of paper sticked to case to cover the keyboard. She placed her signature on this piece so we couldn't remove this piece and replace it later - the signature will be damaged. She told me every day: "Help your brother in his learning if you want to get your Spectrum back!".

Ah, happy memories!
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-06-10 19:19, Foebane wrote:

That reminds me of the time my mother tickled me on my bed, and I kicked my TV in the screen (on a desk at the head of the bed) and it fell on the floor and broke my record player. The TV was fine for years after, though!

Bit off-topic, but your post reminded me of that.

[ This Message was edited by: Foebane on 2005-06-10 19:20 ]

Your post remind me of a similar story:
    We were at my friends place. We were goofin around, I fell on his bed, rolled down and on "the way down" I cicked his aquarium and for the next week we were cleaning up his room from water and fishes :laugh:
  • edited June 2005
    On 2005-06-10 23:11, FRGT/10 wrote:
    On 2005-06-10 19:19, Foebane wrote:

That reminds me of the time my mother tickled me on my bed, and I kicked my TV in the screen (on a desk at the head of the bed) and it fell on the floor and broke my record player. The TV was fine for years after, though!

Bit off-topic, but your post reminded me of that.

[ This Message was edited by: Foebane on 2005-06-10 19:20 ]

Your post remind me of a similar story:
    We were at my friends place. We were goofin around, I fell on his bed, rolled down and on "the way down" I cicked his aquarium and for the next week we were cleaning up his room from water and fishes :laugh:

... did you save our fine, frolicking, finned friends?

Skarpo
    :)
  • Yeah my speccy got taken off me a few times;
    I knew wherethey used to hide it so I used to play it before my parents got home from work.aw